Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:36:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

"Sexy Bitch and Butter Bath" is a wonderful phrase.

Norton Canes

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 08, 2019, 10:09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vd14mnjfgA

Sorry yeah I found the video, just don't know when it was filmed/what it was filmed for.

ToneLa

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 08, 2019, 07:43:03 AM
I'd really recommend doing it in order. Radio version of Knowing Me, Knowing You, then the TV version, then I'm Alan Partridge, and on from there. It's really great seeing a whole career in order.

naw. I understand and appreciate this but think IAP1 to get the hooks in.

batwings

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 08, 2019, 10:16:04 AM
Sorry yeah I found the video, just don't know when it was filmed/what it was filmed for.

It's an extended clip from Anglian Lives,  a special that was shown on tv  at some point after the IAP S2 run. It's an extra on the IAP series 2 DVD.  The longer version is in the Unused Alan extras on the S2 DVD.

Anglian Lives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i56cRGfVP_s

Chollis

Quote from: ToneLa on March 08, 2019, 10:56:38 AM
naw. I understand and appreciate this but think IAP1 to get the hooks in.

Agreed

notjosh

Quote from: Chollis on March 08, 2019, 11:49:53 AM
Agreed

Disagreed! I'd start with KMKY radio, but make sure to follow it up with KKMKY to get the first glimpse of Alan's wider life.

gmoney

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 08, 2019, 10:09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vd14mnjfgA

Another great bit in that. When talking about food safty inspectors, "those people have more powers than the police, they'll shut you down like that *clicks fingers*". Sounds like something someone told him in a pub.

MattD

Been revisiting Partridge since the start of the new show.

Incidentally was watching the second episode of Knowing Me Knowing You, where at the end he gets knives thrown at him by David Schneider's magician. Anyone notice right when the credits roll that Alan has wet himself?! Seen it so many times and is the first time I noticed it!

Norton Canes

Quote from: batwings on March 08, 2019, 11:06:16 AM
It's an extended clip from Anglian Lives,  a special that was shown on tv  at some point after the IAP S2 run. It's an extra on the IAP series 2 DVD.  The longer version is in the Unused Alan extras on the S2 DVD.

Anglian Lives:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i56cRGfVP_s

Ah right, cheers. I've got the IAP S2 DVD and I've watched the Anglian Lives doc but ages ago, I don't remember the studio scenes and don't think I ever watched the Anglian Lives extras. That'll teach me to skimp on my IAP S2 watching!

Ferris

Twed

There's a bit in Welcome To The Places Of My Life where Alan visits a dry ski slope and meets a woman who says she doesn't ski herself, which makes Alan look troubled.

Well, that ski slope is in Ipswich, right at the end of the road my parents live on. My mother regular goes there too, and has never skied. She just likes the restaurant.

A bit too real.

St_Eddie

Quote from: MattD on March 09, 2019, 01:23:01 PM
Incidentally was watching the second episode of Knowing Me Knowing You, where at the end he gets knives thrown at him by David Schneider's magician. Anyone notice right when the credits roll that Alan has wet himself?! Seen it so many times and is the first time I noticed it!

They talk about it on the commentary track.  The device used to release the water messed up a little bit because the water is dispersed off to one side (more than it should be), which is why it's tricky to spot.

he does bellow MY TROUSERS ARE WET to make the point though

shiftwork2

Great stuff with the Top Gear review.  Probably use power-sappeningly mundane and a long drawn-out affair on a weekly basis.  It's basically a riot.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 10, 2019, 09:04:48 PM
Great stuff with the Top Gear review.  Probably use power-sappeningly mundane and a long drawn-out affair on a weekly basis.  It's basically a riot.

My girlfriend has a 1.4 Corsa with about 70 horsepower, so I use those phrases on a daily basis.

Ferris

Talking to someone about London and they mentioned "cockney". I accidentally laughed in their face because:

QuoteCockney is an area in London where criminals live. The police don't arrest them because - and they're very strict about this - they only slaughter their own

Mobius

"Who invented the skip?!"

"A million miles from the urban decay of the Manchester Ship Canal, and the pot-smoking, whore-ridden waterways of Amsterdam..."

fucking ponderous

Quote from: kalowski on January 29, 2019, 07:36:46 PM
Then, can you call Bill Oddie and - That's something else.
I always thought it was "Lynn, can you call Bill Oddie", which is funnier to me because it implies that he had no intention of actually firing her. It's more in-character.

bgmnts

I probably posted this already but its still glorious.

The fallout of Forbes-McAllister:

QuoteThe Health and Safety man has a lot to say.

kalowski

Quote from: fucking ponderous on March 15, 2019, 12:49:17 AM
I always thought it was "Lynn, can you call Bill Oddie", which is funnier to me because it implies that he had no intention of actually firing her. It's more in-character.
You may be right.

ToneLa

Any time an Open Books with Martin Bryce quote gets in here - and it's seldom - I wonder why so seldom (though it isn't brilliant) so I've uploaded it to my OneDrive

Rizla

Quote from: ToneLa on March 15, 2019, 11:20:02 PM
Any time an Open Books with Martin Bryce quote gets in here - and it's seldom - I wonder why so seldom (though it isn't brilliant) so I've uploaded it to my OneDrive

It's great innit. I guess it gets overlooked because a lot of it is just him reading from the autobiography, but the presenter and the big lad in the audience are brilliant.  I'd quite like to read "Boy Of War".

kalowski

"I'm... not... so keen on it, I mean, I don't like what they did with the idea, they set in in the 17th century, gave him a long nose, maybe it made it a bit funnier... but, but for the British, Bergerac is John Nettles"

magval

Quote from: fucking ponderous on March 15, 2019, 12:49:17 AM

100% correct.