Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaltax

Quote from: bgmnts on February 24, 2020, 10:42:13 PM
Coogan laughing at his own stuff, lot's of it Partridge, lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRAtsEKjH1k

Have they flipped the picture horizontally? In the introduction he looks like he's had a stroke.

Captain Z

It's me, it's me,
It's Steve, it's Steve,
On I, on I,
On Coogan, on Coogan

Thanks for posting.

kalowski

Quote from: metaltax on February 24, 2020, 10:50:09 PM
Have they flipped the picture horizontally? In the introduction he looks like he's had a stroke.
I thought the same thing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah looks like he's struggling with a big mouth ulcer or something.

Twonty Gostelow

Pretty sure it's flipped as the buttons on his shirt are on the left. Unless he's wearing a lady's blouse. I wouldn't put it past him. Disgusting.

SteK

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on February 25, 2020, 07:49:38 PM
Pretty sure it's flipped as the buttons on his shirt are on the left. Unless he's wearing a lady's blouse. I wouldn't put it past him. Disgusting.

His Apple on the laptop is the right way tho....

Twonty Gostelow

Doesn't look like an Apple to me. Looks like his jacket only has one pocket and it's on the wrong side too.

SteK

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on February 25, 2020, 08:10:12 PM
Doesn't look like an Apple to me. Looks like his jacket only has one pocket and it's on the wrong side too.

AP Blazer and Badge?

Gurke and Hare

That's fantastic. And I love the way in the bit at the end, when he's being serious, he's still a bit Alan isn't he?

DrGreggles

markburgle

Has it been highlighted on here how Alan intervenes when a scammer is milking loads of money from Lynn, to the tune of clandestinely scaring him off and then assuming the scammers' identity to "let her down gently" over a period of 6 months, paying her the 2 grand back in the process? That's an astonishing act of kindness, a real window into a side of him that he keeps well hidden (I love how he makes a point of insisting he only did it because he didn't want to put up with "a grumpy assistant").

Kryton

Quote from: markburgle on February 27, 2020, 11:15:04 PM
Has it been highlighted on here how Alan intervenes when a scammer is milking loads of money from Lynn, to the tune of clandestinely scaring him off and then assuming the scammers' identity to "let her down gently" over a period of 6 months, paying her the 2 grand back in the process? That's an astonishing act of kindness, a real window into a side of him that he keeps well hidden (I love how he makes a point of insisting he only did it because he didn't want to put up with "a grumpy assistant").

God yeah, possibly the nicest thing he's ever done. I like to think he cares for her in his own mad way. She's bailed him out of loads of times too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: markburgle on February 27, 2020, 11:15:04 PM

When was that mentioned? Nomad?

Kryton

kalowski

"Next question, please, Confucius."
"I'm not confused."

kalowski

The whole Cirque de Clune routine is just brilliant.
"Right. I assume you're in charge."

Dewt

Quote from: kalowski on March 01, 2020, 09:22:58 PM
The whole Cirque de Clune routine is just brilliant.
"Right. I assume you're in charge."
Ah, that is good.

Kryton

markburgle

"The others were too busy sniggering to heed my misgivings. 'Oh come on Alan, why aren't you sniggering?', said one. 'We're all sniggering, why aren't you?', said another. 'Why don't you snigger for a bit with us?', said a third.".

Akabusi tho

I searched on Google but can't find it - I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Partridge got rumbled having a microwave in his room at Linton and lambasted the extra loud ding as an endemic problem with "some of the newer Sanyos."

It reminded me of a bit in one of the books, forget which, where he relates having Lynn carry his "microwave ovens" up a ladder to his attic.

Between that, the classic Tandy bit, and the fact that he once returned a kettle to Homebase because he "didn't like [the] color", I'm really enjoying that Alan is a quiet but ardent small appliance buff.

Ok it's not oft forgotten by me, cos I just got onto it. And it's not a gem either, but does someone in the audience shout Lynn 10 minutes into watership Alan when she offers to pretend to be his wife?

Asking for a drunk prick who's sat on my couch right now

Twonty Gostelow

Does sound a bit like it but I reckon it was just a mad cough or sneeze. Possibly deliberate to get on the soundtrack.

Dewt

Alan had a giant dog called Seldom and was scared of the giant dog and I have not ever heard anybody talk about it. It's like it's forbidden

Cuellar

Quote from: backdrifter on July 06, 2020, 11:44:02 PM
Might have already been posted somewhere but this is incredible:

https://twitter.com/SummerRay/status/1279872154222374914

My god. The little gesture that accompanies 'Robert Hood' is perfect.

Norton Canes