Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Looks like he's making some easy money and getting a bit campy for a laugh.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Cuellar on July 07, 2020, 05:50:25 PM
My god. The little gesture that accompanies 'Robert Hood' is perfect.

That's one of the purest moments of accidental Partridge I have ever seen, better even that Madeley.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 07, 2020, 06:30:41 PM
Looks like he's making some easy money and getting a bit campy for a laugh.

He probably is just pissing about, but I doubt he's deliberately channeling Partridge.

Twonty Gostelow

It pre-dates Partridge. A lot of Coogan's mannerisms as Partridge were based on this sort of actory presenting style, you can't have it both ways.

It's like calling Whicker Island Accidental Whicker, and I'm not just saying that to annoy you.

Oh yeah? Eff off...  Eff off.

græskar

I watched that once and forgot it existed, it's very good.

Quote"officially sanctioned mischief"

græskar

I've got an actually forgotten, or at least unnoticed gem. At 2:49 during the Abba medley Rebecca Front looks at Alan's watch with annoyance, I'd never noticed until a commenter under the video pointed it out: youtube.com/watch?v=gnFT2eQy_Cw

Gurke and Hare

Thanks for the Comic Relief clip, it's fantastic. "I don't drink eggs any more." "Or a stick that chooses to identify as an arrow."

Can anyone tell where it's filmed? It's clearly not a real location, but they've obviously not built that huge backlot set for a five minute sketch. It looks vaguely like it could be the Eastenders set redressed.

Quote from: Ornlu on July 09, 2020, 04:59:54 PM
"Back to Stench and Fraunders. Or... whoever's doing it this year."

It's brilliant this, the fall is fantastic.  I love the beginning as well; all the talk about fiddling his expenses:
"Thirty quid to him, new pair of shoes.."
"Can you send us a receipt for the train?  YEAAAAAAAH"

Phil_A

Quote from: græskar on July 09, 2020, 07:35:12 PM
I watched that once and forgot it existed, it's very good.

The whole thing is great, I particularly love pulling rank on the scoutmaster. Lovely bit of Alan Continuity (continualanity?).

the

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 10, 2020, 09:05:56 AMThanks for the Comic Relief clip, it's fantastic. [...]

Can anyone tell where it's filmed? It's clearly not a real location, but they've obviously not built that huge backlot set for a five minute sketch. It looks vaguely like it could be the Eastenders set redressed.

Quote from: AlexTwist on March 16, 2019, 01:59:08 AMFilmed on the old backlot of Family Affairs and The Bill, if anyone's interested (the backlot is on the same site as the studio used for This Time)

http://www.thestudiotour.com/wp/studios/wimbledon-film-tv-studios/

quinlad

Same backlot where Gervais did Equality Street for an earlier Comic Relief thing.

Utter Shit

Watched 'Welcome to the Places of My Life' for the first time in a while the other day. It's jam-packed with fantastic moments, but one bit that really got me was his description of the leisure centre - not only the "controversial swooped roof", but mentioning that "the car park used to have a disabled bay, but after lengthy discussions they agreed to rub out the wheelchair".

turnstyle

This exchange from Scissored Isle has almost certainly been mentioned already, but it's classic Alan:

'My wife's a lecturer'

'Aren't they all'

Captain Z

I've only just 'got' that. I thought he was making a sarcastic remark about the teaching profession being full of weird/alternative lifestyle types, but he means wives lecturing their husbands, doesn't he.

kalowski

Actually, Jill, a pipe of Pringles will suffice.

jobotic

Quote from: Captain Z on July 10, 2020, 05:07:04 PM
I've only just 'got' that. I thought he was making a sarcastic remark about the teaching profession being full of weird/alternative lifestyle types, but he means wives lecturing their husbands, doesn't he.

Does he? I still think he means the former.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: jobotic on July 10, 2020, 09:29:32 PM
Does he? I still think he means the former.

But the former doesn't make sense.

petril

markburgle

...what I can only describe as a vedy, vedy long waaalk

Bazooka

Alan shouting Dan at Dan repeatedly, is overshadowed by the best gag of "I've got your kids Dan, I've got your kids" which was even too much for Dan.

Ornlu

She took a day off because they gave her cat a CAT scan and found out it had cat cancer, and that's just a cat.

cacciaguida

My friend is buying a house. Can people please reply here with house names from the Alan Partridge Extended Universe so that I can drop them into convos to look cool pls

So far I have

Ye Olde House
Excalibur Cottage
Blickling Estate
Our House
Denton Abbey
The Oasthouse

sure I have missed loads of great ones

popcorn

Quote from: cacciaguida on July 13, 2020, 12:16:59 AM
Ye Olde House
Excalibur Cottage
Blickling Estate
Our House
Denton Abbey
The Oasthouse

sure I have missed loads of great ones

The Cinnamons

QDRPHNC

cacciaguida

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 13, 2020, 12:23:34 AM
Lord House

Yes and Yes to the Cinnamons

Re-watching that ep now and it's un-re-al.

He's got the biggest collection of hatchbacks in the country. Bono!?!

cacciaguida

More re-search has found:

Coleman House, Atlantis, Ace House, Alan House, The Cottage, The Old Rectory, Barn Cottage, Follyfoot, Steed Manor, Lord House, Rockford House, Flambards, Brideshead House, The Skirmishes, Apache, Tomahawk, Sceptre House, The Cinnamons – it's just a lovely ingredient – Classic House, The Classics, Manor House, Bentley House, Large Cottage

Captain Z

I was going to post a picture of the list in "Every Ruddy Word" but it's the same as above. I haven't checked if it matches the list in IPWNTTAA...?

cacciaguida

Quote from: Captain Z on July 13, 2020, 12:59:02 AM
I was going to post a picture of the list in "Every Ruddy Word" but it's the same as above. I haven't checked if it matches the list in IPWNTTAA...?

"I hated ITV back then".