Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

QDRPHNC

The video recording he made to be played to his grandchildren posthumously:

"Hello. Pop Partridge here. Sorry I'm dead."

The Lurker

When Lynn jumps when Alan says "Dan's a fantastic man!" is a fantastic bit. It really is.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: madhair60 on February 08, 2021, 08:21:07 AM
I prefer IAP2 to 1, it makes me laugh more
It is good, although I feel that they dialled up the laugh track a bit which makes it feel a lot more 'broad', if that makes sense

Oh and the AP subreddit is pretty dire to be fair, but every so often someone chucks up a bit of fan fiction in the style of AP which is quite good.  #accidentalpartridge on twitter blows it completely out of the water though:

https://twitter.com/AccidentalP

I always took Alan's "stroke face" as him trying too hard to project that he wasn't a depressed fat bloke any more. Like a rictus grimace .

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Hope this hasn't been done before, but from the MMM Who Would You Invite To Your Dinner Party? phone-in.

LISTENER: The Harlem Globetrotters and Nigel Farage.

PARTRIDGE: Ooooh... he'd get battered.

frajer

Quote from: Ptolemy Ptarmigan on February 18, 2021, 11:35:39 PM
Hope this hasn't been done before, but from the MMM Who Would You Invite To Your Dinner Party? phone-in.

That is a gem. Perfect amount of relish on "battered" and then a pause before what feels like Tim Key joyfully corpsing.

buttgammon

Totally forgot about this and it gave me a chuckle. The delivery is absolutely perfect.

kalowski

Jesus, that's delightful. I am laughing as much as I did when I first saw it. Fuck it, I'm buying them all on Prime.

Magnum Valentino

I've just watched Alpha Papa with the commentary on (£2 in Poundland, bargain hunters) and they pointed out that in Alan's study, he has a photograph of Delia Smith and husband at a football game in which his head can be seen at the bottom, which he has essentially framed as a photograph of him 'with' Delia Smith.

I like that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on February 19, 2021, 02:54:26 PM
I've just watched Alpha Papa with the commentary on (£2 in Poundland, bargain hunters) and they pointed out that in Alan's study, he has a photograph of Delia Smith and husband at a football game in which his head can be seen at the bottom, which he has essentially framed as a photograph of him 'with' Delia Smith.

I like that.

I will now raise my score of the film from a 2/10 to a 2.5/10

Magnum Valentino

Listening to Coogan on the commentary it's clear that he doesn't really like the film either. He says something at the end like "well, it's definitely a film". Critical throughout, not in that relentlessly miserable Linehan-on-the-Father-Ted-commentary way, but just unable to hide his grumpiness at the many scenes he doesn't like and not prepared to hide the difficulty of making the film more or less without a script and after Armando and Gleeson (not mentioned by name) dropping out.

Also my fancy that the MMM-era Alan and the IAP2 Alan are parallel universe alternates doesn't fuckin work because Alan's roster photo on the studio wall is an IAP2 promo still! So if you see me rabbiting on about it in another thread, forget it buddy, it's fucked. Dog won't hunt, monsignor.

popcorn

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on February 19, 2021, 07:38:51 PM
Listening to Coogan on the commentary it's clear that he doesn't really like the film either. He says something at the end like "well, it's definitely a film". Critical throughout, not in that relentlessly miserable Linehan-on-the-Father-Ted-commentary way, but just unable to hide his grumpiness at the many scenes he doesn't like and not prepared to hide the difficulty of making the film more or less without a script and after Armando and Gleeson (not mentioned by name) dropping out.

I'm sure you know, based on this post, but he talks quite a bit about how the film was a nightmare to make in his (completely shite) autobiography. The bit that broke my heart was Iannucci saying something to the effect of "it's not really my humour Steve" and ducking out of the whole production.

Mobius

Has Iannucci been involved with the post movie Partridge stuff?

wooders1978

Quote from: Mobius on February 19, 2021, 11:23:03 PM
Has Iannucci been involved with the post movie Partridge stuff?

Pretty certain he hasn't

Phil_A

The TV stuff since then as been all Coogan & the Gibbons (which sounds like a lost Hanna Barbera series if ever there was one). I can't remember if Iannucci contributed to I, Partridge?

popcorn

Quote from: Phil_A on February 20, 2021, 05:06:01 PM
The TV stuff since then as been all Coogan & the Gibbons (which sounds like a lost Hanna Barbera series if ever there was one). I can't remember if Iannucci contributed to I, Partridge?

He did, he's credited as one of the writers. He might have just done an edit or something who knows.

kalowski

Listen here, Poverty, just get out of here. You're not wanted. This is private property. We are law abiding citizens. It's people's gardens this property backs on to. We don't want any trouble.  Just clear up your stuff, tidy up after yourselves and clear off. You're not wanted.  Go to Southend, there's plenty of waste ground there you can pitch up... Poverty.

checkoutgirl

Cut Zola Budd. Pay her off, stick her in a cab.

markburgle

It's a mug with my face on one side... and a cat on the other.

jobotic

We'll be following every twang, whoosh and kadoing of what is shaping up to be a classic British Archery Championship.

H-O-W-L

Get rid of her, Lynn, she's a drunk and a racist! I'll tolerate one, but not both.

One I'd not seen before, Alan presenting an award at the BAFTA production awards, with Day Today hair, but with his KMKY voice:

https://youtu.be/7-cZ9hLOEso

Cuellar

Quote from: H-O-W-L on April 28, 2021, 02:14:27 PM
Get rid of her, Lynn, she's a drunk and a racist! I'll tolerate one, but not both.

Related to this, when he's recounting it in Nomad, in mad Welsh accent

"Come with me, make love to me please"

jobotic

Quote from: jobotic on April 28, 2021, 12:18:16 AM
We'll be following every twang, whoosh and kadoing of what is shaping up to be a classic British Archery Championship.

I've been laughing at this for three days.

Mobius

I like the bit in Oasthouse where someone asks why he doesn't have a Norfolk accent and Partridge gets angry and apologises for getting "het up" , I'd never heard het before

kalowski

It's funny, you do a Chinese voice it annoys a few people, you do a black man's voice all hell breaks loose. Explain that!