Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice Yeatman

SteveDave

Listening to the whole podcast, I think he was on drugs. He gets up to a full on coke rant when he's reminiscing about his brother telling him to buy "Hong Kong Garden"

vic spanner

magval

"Stephen Hawking" laughing at Alan's joke on the radio play in the first episode of MMM series 2 nearly killed me yesterday. Choked on me Shreddies.

Rizla

gilbertharding

Good Christ... there aren't words for how fucking tedious Marc Maron is. The first 20 minutes of him twatting on and fucking on (about being 'open minded'... if he'd spent 20 minutes talking about being unselfaware it couldn't be more ironic) were unbearable.

And then here comes Steve Coogan, who hasn't just mid-Atlantic'd his accent, he's shifted his whole attitude presenting this 'tickle me' version of British/Irish culture to this cunt.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the accent. I guess he knows that Americans can't listen to British people speaking how they normally speak, so adopt that Briddish accent.

markpaterson

Haven't found the full interview yet, but happy to confirm that Coogan's BriTTish accent has returned...
https://www.radiox.co.uk/news/tv-film/steve-coogan-details-alan-partridge-this-time-show

If anyone finds the full interview, in either video or audio (preferably video), please post!

popcorn

Do we know if this is a half-hour one-off or a series?

edit: six-part series, wicked.

markpaterson

From MMM to Sidekick Simon...

"WELL 'AV CHANGED ME MIIIIIIIND!"

It's another great example of him slipping into a Manc accent, but this time presumably for comic effect, as it's not even the same as his native Manc accent (I'm from there and easily pick up on the variations).

There's other examples I've picked up on over the years that I'm not sure are intentional or not, eg he might pronounce GLASS and GRASS in the northern (ie correct way :) instead of GLARSS and GRARSS as someone raised in the south would.

Norton Canes

Just been watching Coogan on The One Show, they showed the immediate aftermath of Alan shooting Forbes McAllister from KMKYWAP, and I love that the floor manager guy comes over and really bawls him out

The Lurker

"It's like they say: give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Give him a fishing rod-..."

"Yeah, he'll come back the next day saying 'you know that fishing rod you gave me?', 'go on...', 'can I have another?' *sigh* 'what happened to the one I gave you?', 'oh I sold it', 'let me guess, to buy some skag?', 'no to buy some fish, I was hungry,' 'did it not occur to you to use the fishing rod to catch some fish?' 'oh, I haven't got a permit and I don't know how to get one', 'Google it!'".

"When did this happen?"

"Oh, it didn't. It's just a generic, annoying man who lives inside my mind. A head squatter - I don't mean a dominatrix."

kalowski

"In fourth it's Maris. In third it's Pied (of Hamlyn). In second it's Billie, but your favourite piper is Bag."

Ferris

Quote from: The Lurker on January 09, 2019, 10:24:26 PM
...'what happened to the one I gave you?', 'oh I sold it', 'let me guess, to buy some skag?', 'no to buy some fish, I was hungry,' 'did it not occur to you to use the fishing rod to catch some fish?' 'oh, I haven't got a permit and I don't know how to get one', 'Google it!'

The delivery on "occur" always cracks me up.

Mango Chimes

<tag>The Complete Alan Partridge (Unordered)</tag>

Mobius

Hi Susan. I was a bit bored so I dismantled my Corby Trouser Press. I can't put it back together again. Will that show up on my bill?

Mobius

When he's interviewing Dave Clifton on MMM

"I used to think you were a right berk, but now I realise that's only half the story"

Twed

The second series of Mid Morning Matters made me cry at least twice.

Mobius

Quote from: Twed on January 10, 2019, 03:49:59 AM
The second series of Mid Morning Matters made me cry at least twice.

Coogan's "Barney. Barney the dog" gets me

Twed

PLEASE THOUGH! PLEASE, PLEASE THOUGH!

Our love is stronger than carbon fibre

"See you in Battersea Dog's Court"

markpaterson

from MMM S01E01...

"This is North Northfolk Digital. Sustaining and maintaining our core listenership, in an increasingly fragmented marketplace.

*Plays jingle... interrupts jingle*

I've just realised I've read that from an internal memo. It wasn't... for you... to hear. Sorry. Sorrrrry"

markpaterson

"Bits, Bytes, RAM, bugs, worms, cookies, reboot, download, clear cache, do not... filter results, and... clear history. We are... all familiar with computing terminology..."

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: markpaterson on January 10, 2019, 08:18:56 AM
"Bits, Bytes, RAM, bugs, worms, cookies, reboot, download, clear cache, do not... filter results, and... clear history. We are... all familiar with computing terminology..."
And he mispronounces cache as cachet, which makes it funnier.

checkoutgirl

Quote"There's never any graffiti in the hotel. Although in the Gents a couple of weeks ago I did see someone had drawn a lady's part. Quite detailed. The guy obviously had talent."

Cuellar

samadriel

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 10, 2019, 12:22:09 PM
"There's never any graffiti in the hotel. Although in the Gents a couple of weeks ago I did see someone had drawn a lady's part. Quite detailed. The guy obviously had talent."

"That's the tragedy."

Mobius

"You threw Whoopi Goldberg's copper kettle at a cat?"

"Knowing me Alan Partridge, SACKING YOU Glen Ponda"

Cold Meat Platter

markpaterson

After a cringeworthy snog-sesh with Angela...

"If I was a dog right now I'd be chewing a slipper!"

I often catch my dog excitedly chewing a toy or what-not and think of this line.

BeardFaceMan

For those that have the link I've just put the stand up bits from The Cream Of British Comedy in the audio Partridge folder, pretty sure that's everything I have now.