Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Quote from: gilbertharding on January 30, 2019, 02:30:37 PM
Should have booked Bill Oddie.

Yeah and if my Grandad had bollocks, he'd be a very happy man.

Cuellar

I've got a Partridge question! During the 'what condiment would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?' section, a man gives an answer then Partridge moves on only for the voice to reappear saying '..Mustard'. NOW. Is that evidence that the phone-in was prerecorded and he didn't stop the tape? Or did he just fail to cut the caller off and he thought he'd have another go?

Never been able to decide either way on that.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 30, 2019, 02:32:21 PM
That sounds like a *completely* forgotten gem from the Alan Partridge canon.
(Don't worry, readers; I know that The Boy Eddie has posted this "Inbetweeners" related comment in the wrong thread, really! ; ) )

Mate, you ate a horse.  Poor horse.

paruses

Quote from: Cuellar on January 30, 2019, 02:35:25 PM
I've got a Partridge question! During the 'what condiment would you want if you were stranded on a desert island?' section, a man gives an answer then Partridge moves on only for the voice to reappear saying '..Mustard'. NOW. Is that evidence that the phone-in was prerecorded and he didn't stop the tape? Or did he just fail to cut the caller off and he thought he'd have another go?

Never been able to decide either way on that.

I think it's the latter - they do that a few times and it always makes me laugh. Don't they do it with the bit: "It's and idiom" "You're an idiot" where they guy comes back and calls him a prick?

Cuellar

Yeah, that's what I sort of figured. It just felt odd that the guy literally just says 'mustard' about 10 seconds too late, as if it was an answer to a question that Alan was meant to ask but didn't. I suppose that just highlights the oddness of Alan's callers.

paruses

Quote from: Cuellar on January 30, 2019, 03:22:57 PM
Yeah, that's what I sort of figured. It just felt odd that the guy literally just says 'mustard' about 10 seconds too late, as if it was an answer to a question that Alan was meant to ask but didn't. I suppose that just highlights the oddness of Alan's callers.

Doesn't he have a couple of goes - "gravy" "that's a sauce" "pickle" "That's a relish"

Thanks for mentioning it - I am just sitting here laughing now.

Oh yes - the "idiom" bit ends with him going too far replacing T with M and he comes up with "Cunm" to Simon's discomfort. Am sure he's forgotten the feed though and the guy calls him a dick.

oh dear - laughing again

Pancake

MidMornMat Comic Relief special:

"Shit sister!"

And the entire 'Do you know what I hate? Poverty"... which morphs into a rant about the gypos pitching up near his house

paruses

The jingle for Simon:

Sidekick Simon Sidekick Simon
Siegheil! Sieghiel!

Have been singing it to myself all morning.

Utter Shit

Quote from: paruses on January 31, 2019, 02:30:13 PM
The jingle for Simon:

Siegheil! Sieghiel!

Have been singing it to myself all morning.

Tim Key stood in on the Elis James and John Robins radio show the last couple of weeks and the first week they played the Sidekick Simon jingle...except (seemingly accidentally) they played the SIEG HEIL one. Mid-afternoon on a Saturday. Amazing.

Bazooka

All of Scissored Isle is excellent, the section about the industrial revolution; "It seemed like the good times would never end" and "Factory work, yaayy(dubbed in)".

ToneLa

I try to take a break every couple hours. It's good to get the blood pumping. Um, so I might do press-ups, shadow boxing, sometimes shadow judo. Or, if you like, shad-dow. Oh, that's the same as shadow. I love word play.

paruses

Quote from: ToneLa on February 01, 2019, 12:02:17 PM
I try to take a break every couple hours. It's good to get the blood pumping. Um, so I might do press-ups, shadow boxing, sometimes shadow judo. Or, if you like, shad-dow. Oh, that's the same as shadow. I love word play.

What's that bit from?

ToneLa

kalowski

"And now a song from Michael Jackson, in happier times, before his mauling from Martin Bashir which led ultimately, and directly, to his death...And Diana's."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

checkoutgirl

Keith Hunt:
Does the word Titanic mean anything to you?

Alan Partridge:
Oh yeah, people go on about Titanic, Titanic... Let me tell you something about the Titanic, people forget, people forget that on the Titanic's maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg!

kalowski

"A cross between a wolf and a dog."

"A dolf!"

"Or a wog. Sorry, I take that back. Jasper is very much... well, he's white!"

kalowski

"He might say, 'Putting him in charge of X is like putting someone silly in charge of Y.'"

kalowski

"I know it won't smash, Lynn, just put it in bubble wrap!"

Mobius

"Can we come live from the Blarney Stone? .. trying to get an angle on this.."

"Yes, ders moire to oirland, DAN DIS"

(when trying to block Siobhan from Meteor Productions in at the Squash Court) "INTO MEEE!"

"that year the nettles were particularly virulent"

Enzo

Not a quote, just the image of Sally Gunnell hitting Tokyo town in her dungerees.

c

This appearance on Clive James is as good as his Jonathan Ross is bad: https://youtu.be/YiHWmgf31iA

Cuellar

What's the significance of Partridge's house being called 'Denton Abbey' and Sidekick Simon being called Simon Denton?

Ferris

The "diff-lock" scene.

"Wellll, it still has a diff-lock"

Utter Shit

"I later discovered the car did not have a differential lock"