Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Started by momatt, January 23, 2017, 05:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 04, 2018, 03:37:27 PM
Happy now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44708983

Fucks sake! Him, Jake Lloyd, and now Kelly Marie Tran. Yeah, they played shite characters, but all this bullying from some of the fans can fuck right off!

Dr Rock

Quote from: Malcy on July 04, 2018, 03:32:50 PM
Remake poster

https://twitter.com/frodesignco/status/1013923984318947328/photo/1

TLJ kept my attention for the 2 hrs but it finished with a 'is that it'? for me'. Fairly shite. But no need for a remake. The just want the publicity if how unhappy they are with it. It will never happen. Folk starving in the world but nah let's remake a film because we don't like it.

Idiots. Some people have life prioritised in the mist awful ways.

Luke's holding a massive Magnum 44, while a lady is in the kitchen putting something in the oven. I don't think they are entirely serious.

mothman

Quote from: Blumf on July 04, 2018, 12:59:34 PM
Wasn't R2D2 around then? I kind of forget where he went to.

R2-D2 was left behind when Luke left and went into an extended robot sulk until TFA. He's on the Falcon when Rey & Chewie go to find him, and leaves with them.

So either Luke didn't take a droid with him when he left... or he did, but pushed it into the sea too. Dark.

Head Gardener

FredNurke

The Boston Crab'll sort that out.

Glebe

buzby

Quote from: Glebe on July 10, 2018, 05:23:17 AM
'Star Wars': Billy Dee Williams Reprising Role as Lando Calrissian.

Not terribly surprizing, but nice to have it confirmed.
Considering he is 81, wheelchair bound and visually impaired, I wouldn't expect much from it.

Custard

Wat is point old Lando. Wat is point

Replies From View

Quote from: buzby on July 10, 2018, 08:07:09 AM
Considering he is 81, wheelchair bound and visually impaired, I wouldn't expect much from it.

Don't knock it yet.  They can work wonders with a couple of CGI legs and eyes nowadays.

Just think of what they achieved with Christopher Reeve for Superman Returns.  In 2006 he wasn't only paralysed from the neck down - he was dead.  So...

SteveDave

Quote from: Glebe on July 10, 2018, 05:23:17 AM
'Star Wars': Billy Dee Williams Reprising Role as Lando Calrissian.

Not terribly surprizing, but nice to have it confirmed.

Hey Lando! All of your friends (apart from the big bear) are dead!

Dex Sawash

Mrs. Dex still would though

Dr Rock

I bet Leia's last words were 'go to Cloud City.' They haven't 'homaged' Cloud City yet.

Dex Sawash

Small Man Big Horse

He seems to be able to walk (albeit with a kane) still - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dONLPzeAA9c

buzby

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 10, 2018, 01:32:26 PM
He seems to be able to walk stand (albeit with a kane) still
He's had both hips replaced and has spinal osteoarthritis. He basically gets wheeled up to the red carpet or stage so he has to do as little walking and standing as possible.

greenman

Is the bloke who played the fat Rancor keeper still around? he's all that's left now isn't he?

Dr Rock

Quote from: greenman on July 10, 2018, 02:31:56 PM
Is the bloke who played the fat Rancor keeper still around? he's all that's left now isn't he?

Operty1

Lando doesn't need to be walking about using his eyes. He could be in a space wheelchair with a space visor, job done.

His role wasn't based around walking and looking.

colacentral

So Lando's the next cheap death then. They'll kill R2D2 and C3PO at the end for the full house.

Dr Rock

https://youtu.be/_6eAcFOSOY0

Has this been posted? Escape From LA last scene same as Last Jedi? I don't think it's intentional plagiarism but could be. Mostly ashamed I didn't spot this before as big Plissken fan but haven't seen Escape From LA for a couple of decades so I excuse myself.

mothman

It's telling it doesn't mention Lucasfilm's subsequent denial of the spinoff-cancellation story.

Shaky

Quote from: Operty1 on July 10, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
Lando doesn't need to be walking about using his eyes. He could be in a space wheelchair with a space visor, job done.

His role wasn't based around walking and looking.

Personally, I want to see him on his hands and knees bumping into things .

Glebe

Quote from: Operty1 on July 10, 2018, 02:42:27 PMLando doesn't need to be walking about using his eyes.

He'd more likely be using his legs, mate!

Why Star Wars Fans Are Convinced Mark Hamill Is Returning As Luke In Episode IX.

QuoteMark Hamill has had a beard for the last few years, more or less, and it was mostly contractually obligated as part of his work on the two previous Star Wars films. However, the beard has been hanging around on Mark Hamill's face up until fairly recently. Some wonder if the fact that Hamill has chosen to shave now, just as filming on Star Wars Episode IX is about to begin, is evidence that we'll see a beardless Force Ghost Luke.

AH?!?!

Mister Six

Isn't that more of a sign that he's not in any of the sequels?

Also Obi Wan kept his beard when he became a Force ghost, so it makes even less sense.

mothman

Perhaps he isn't. Maybe the TLJ backlash has left them not particularly caring what the fandom thinks anymore. So long as JJ delivers something that will gross a billion, maybe that's all they want at this point. It wouldn't take much for studio execs to convince themselves that maybe all these old people in TLJ was what turned off their precious 18-25 demographic.

Or maybe you can make your Force Ghost look however you like. Anakin either chose to look like a middle-aged man or a teenager depending on which version you prefer [this is not intended to be a serious argument]. Or they could be moving away from FGs altogether, there's only been one in the last two films and none in the prequels (barring a couple of oblique references).

Mister Six

I'm not saying it's definitely not happening, I just think it makes no sense to take him shaving off his (contractually obligated) beard as a sign that he'll come back at all, much less as a Force ghost.