Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Witless - series 2

Started by j_u_d_a_s, January 26, 2017, 05:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_u_d_a_s

I think I'm the only one on this board who bothered watching the first series. It was bland fare which didn't really work. This series has a nasty undercurrent though.

There's a load of schoolboy level gags about "bumming" and "is it gay if I get a stiffy during the night?" Kerry Howard's character likens the protagonists to Raoul Moat, y'know, that cheery psychopath who blinded a man with a shotgun.

It's hard to tell exactly what kind of show this is. The crime thriller element has incredibly low stakes that the first series just asks you to go with it. There's an antagonist in this series who doesn't seem to actually do anything.

I've written before on what hacks Lloyd Woolf and Joe Tucker are. In case you need a reminder, they ripped off a whole episode of Spaced for their series Big Bad World. This series of Witless is abysmal which is to be expected but the reliance on tired casual homophobia is worrying for a series being written in 2017. Gervais' influence still lingers...