Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gay Dogs

Started by european son, February 18, 2004, 04:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

Gay Dogs are a lovely new band from Bristol who supported The Libertines in 2002 when they were first touring Up The Bracket, and i've just signed them to m'label.

they've been compared to The Donnas by people who don't know any better, i reckon they sound like The White Stripes/The Beatles/Shampoo

if this sounds like your sort of thing, have a listen to a track (it's a cover of sorts, but they have oodles of their own material) and let me know what you think.

Gay Dogs - Sexy

more details here

Neil, hope this is ok.... i've got link to CaB as the first thing on my Links page that i'm grasping onto for legitimacy

european son

oooh, go on. the song's only one minute and fifty-four seconds long. have a go... even if only to tell me it's wank.

TraceyQ

Oh, shite, never noticed this thread.

give me chance to download it. Does it need a playon Sunday?

TraceyQ

That's made me all grinny, well done them. Yes, that will get a play.... oooh, The Bandits! I saw them supporting Shack in Manchester in July-ish. Fuck me, they were good.

balls, meant to edit the last post! Soz!

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Well she does sound like that bird from The White Stripes I'll grant you that. Although production is very tight, she has a very suspect voice, but it would have been nice to have heard an original composition to get a feel of what they're really like. Can you?

mr rou-rou

s'alright

as long as you are trying to shag (bone) at least one of the band I'll respect you, if however it's purely for the music then at least they aren't another garage band.

it's pretty enough, I hope the single/album covers will feature gay dogs

european son

Quote from: "TraceyQ"That's made me all grinny, well done them. Yes, that will get a play....

oooh, thanks Trace, that'll be brilliant! just got off the phone to the singer and she says thanks too.

Quote from: "5KS"but it would have been nice to have heard an original composition to get a feel of what they're really like. Can you?

i've got two other (original) tracks... but they're a touch old, and the girls are a bit Lee Mavers about them.... i like the songs but they're adamant that they're crap and that they've got loads of better stuff they've not yet recorded.

ok....

i'll post them up (for now) but i'll delete them in a bit for fear of getting a slap.

Gay Dogs - (I'm in love with) Bert Barat

Gay Dogs - Gay Dog

Hairy Chin

Heh heh - I like that cover of Liberty X. Gave me the grinny treatment it gave The Q there.

D'ya mind if I give them a play on the weekend too?

EDIT:
And hearing the words "fucked him up the bum" sung like that made me nearly spit my tea all over the computer! Heehee. Gay Dogs are on the recieving-end of my Hairy Chin thumbs-up for the evening.

...not like that.

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"as long as you are trying to shag (bone) at least one of the band I'll respect you, if however it's purely for the music then at least they aren't another garage band.

rou rou! i'm appalled! for me it's not about getting my end away... it's about music, and art and beauty!

i used to go out with the singer/guitarist...

EDIT: thanks HC, i'll tell them their stuff is being appreciated.... they should be doing a couple of gigs in Bristol soon (not too far from Swansea...)

MonkeyDrummer

quite charming, where can we get more?

mr rou-rou

I imagine them to look a bit like these things

will candid snaps be adorning the inside sleeves? you should consider lining the inside sleeve with ads from contact mags, they are most amusing and would make for a crude fun read, I can supply you with my contact details, I like cock and ball torture,

I'm tired, I must sleep now

european son

Quote from: "mr rou-rou"I imagine them to look a bit like...

not really....   i'm gonna post some pics up of the girls together on the site when i find the film, get it developed etc.

Quote from: "MD"quite charming, where can we get more?

they'll be gigging soonish, and  i'll try and get 'em in a studio of sorts somewhere to lay some stuff down by the summer. thanks lots for the interest everyone. *smile*

Hairy Chin

Hey - just to let you know I played 'Sexy' on the show at 8:45 today; thums-ups all round from everyone working here this morning!

Top 'narna

didgeripoo

Haven't listened to this yet...it's currently downloading at 2.50 KB/sec, so will probably take a thousand years. I haven't heard of these people before, and i normally have one beady eye fixed on the bristol music scene. I'll certainly come along to see them when they play though.

There are lots of fantastic bands in Bristol at the moment. Ivory Springer and Big Joan to name but two. There certainly isn't a discernible Bristol Sound. Although, there is rather a lot of moody doomy electronica about via labels like Float. In particular the Asteroth album is currently making me very happy - there are bits of audio on the site. If anyone's interested.

I've just joined a band called The Gift, so please keep an eye out for us, Bristol whores. Should be gigging soon, once i've learnt the set properly. The site is here, but there's fuck all on it.

Oh, and once my electronica project (The Sky is Blue) is a little more sorted I shall certainly be linking to CaB.

european son

Quote from: "Hairy Chin"Hey - just to let you know I played 'Sexy' on the show at 8:45 today; thums-ups all round from everyone working here this morning!

Top 'narna

cheers HC! sorry i didn't reply sooner and tune in, i was slightly asleep at the time

is it cool if i mention the airplay and link to the station on my site? the plan (formulated just now) is to present Gay Dogs as a cult phenomenon sweeping the independent radio stations of our fine nation y'see.

Hairy Chin

It's okay - unless you live in Bridgend, you'd not have been able to hear the show anyway. I've saved the tune on my section of the computer, so I'll let the presenter of the alternative show where to find it, and I reckon he'll play it sometime on Sunday night after the hit parade.

I'll PM with some more gubbins.

imitationleather

Oh, I've been ignoring this thread because for some reason I imagined it was about the supposed 'band of 1999', Gay Dad.

I thought they sounded a bit like The Shaggs, and I like The Shaggs (Gay Dogs, not Gay Dad. Gay Dad are musical concrete). Make from that what you will.