Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:53:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A new thriller: John Sopel's Gloves

Started by BlodwynPig, January 30, 2017, 08:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

A new film directed by nearly award nominated Blodwyn T. Pig ("Minotaur", "Mino2aur", that other one).

The story follows the exploits of budding journalist Dave Kiln who investigates the mystery of BBC correspondent John Sopel and his magic gloves. He posits that there is something odd going on when a VT piece by Sopel reveals a pair of burgundy leather gloves magically appearing on his hands a 20 seconds into the report.

After bringing this inconsistency to the attention of the world, the BBC and Sopel issue a statement claiming that Sopel had taken a glove off to use fingerprint recognition on his iPhone, which was resting on a lecturn out of shot.

However, Kiln, after getting access to the raw footage, believe this cannot be true...his shoulder movements are negligible, he never once looks down.

After writing a blog about this latest analysis, Kiln is harried and harassed in a series of incidents with shadowy figures in his hometown of Corby.

*BOOM* - Breaking news...the BBC reveal that alternative footage from a second camera clears Sopel of any mistruths. The reel shows Sopel clearly pressing his thumb onto a black object resting on a lecturn in front of him before replacing the glove and then making fist gestures shortly afterward.

Ever vigilant, Kiln analyses this new evidence and with a tech friend notice that prior to the thumb press there is a small glitch in the tape. The tech does some digital analysis and finds a binary code embedded in the video that not only reveal the tape to be false, but something much more sinister and hideous.

That night, the tech is slain close to Rockingham speedway and Kiln has to flee to save his life....to be continued.

zomgmouse

BlodwynPig

Quote from: zomgmouse on January 30, 2017, 09:58:51 AM
Who do I play

Glove #3 - The spare

or you can audition for the part of Dan Walker if you are lanky enough.

Howj Begg

It's Jon Sopel.

This whole thing is a farce.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Howj Begg on January 30, 2017, 10:16:00 AM
It's Jon Sopel.

This whole thing is a farce.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 30, 2017, 10:35:15 AM
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Shouldn't it, in that case, be "John Sopel's Boots" then?

zomgmouse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 30, 2017, 10:05:04 AM
Glove #3 - The spare

or you can audition for the part of Dan Walker if you are lanky enough.

I have medium-level lank.

Is the glove a voiced role?

BlodwynPig

No the glove is a glove.

I am also producing a new romantic comedy called "Joss Sticks" about a loveable hippy called Joss who never lets his girl go - ending in a temporary restraining order, but they eventually get together and open a vega restaurant. Jen (Aniston) will play Weasel, the main female part. You may like to audition for the Joss part?

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 31, 2017, 12:38:12 PM
You may like to audition for the Joss part?

Only a few minutes ago I heard Joss Ackland excitedly tell all of his family about some work he's finally managed to get.  He WILL be disappointed.  You're a dreadful bastard, Blods....

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on January 31, 2017, 12:50:18 PM
Only a few minutes ago I heard Joss Ackland excitedly tell all of his family about some work he's finally managed to get.  He WILL be disappointed.  You're a dreadful bastard, Blods....

Fear not, his agent has been on the blower and he will play the elderly uncle of Jen's character.