Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate dickhead film

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 31, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Partner to The ultimate dickhead song, in Oscillations

If you saw this in someone's collection, or overheard them talking about it, you'd just think dickhead instantly.

Like a synaptic shortcut, just instant, sublime. Dickhead.

Dickhead.

Dickhead.

Go on then

Absorb the anus burn

Genevieve (for posh dickheads)

American Beauty (for anyone who thinks a bag floating in the breeze is brilliant)

purlieu

Which of the Fast & Furious films is the most dickheadish?

Lemming

Almost any 90's/early 2000's gangster film. Especially the English ones.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Boy

A bit leftfield this, but this film aroused so little in me mentally it has to be worthy of nomination.

Here's the premise. A foolish, inane moron is a foolish, inane, moron for the length of a normal length film. The End.

Hahah but it's funny because look at him doing th...NO.

This is the most charmless piece of shit I've ever seen committed to film. Like if someone made a film about Legend Gary but in the manner of a US jock, but less charming and less funny.

The most cringeworthy element of all is, we're supposed to be laughing in a jock way at the jock things. It's not Dumb and Dumber where there's the juxtaposition of grown adults behaving like children, and besides that, it doesn't have any funny moments or lines.

That bad.

National Lampoon's Cum-Encrusted Frat Boy Shitfest

Custard

It IS Scarface, isn't it.

Adored by nobheads the world over, and nobhead bling-bling rappers the world over

Which is a shame, as it's a great film. Which makes me a nobhead too

Keebleman

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on January 31, 2017, 10:33:41 PM

American Beauty (for anyone who thinks a bag floating in the breeze is brilliant)

D'y'know, I was in the shower just now thinking about this very scene!!  And how I could never tell whether it was meant to be ironic or not.  And how the entire mumblecore genre probably sprang from it.  "No ideas, dude?  Hey, that's cool - just point the camera at something boring for long enough and it will just, like, create its own, like, significance!"

madhair60

Bhazor

Sharknado.

The movie fan equivalent of a H&M Sex Pistols tshirt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bhazor on January 31, 2017, 11:19:39 PM
Sharknado.

The movie fan equivalent of a H&M Sex Pistols tshirt.

Huh? How?

Surely a more fitting vacuous appropriation of a dead culture purely for stylistics would be  something like School of Rock.

Dannyhood91

Scarface if only because so many people grossly misunderstand the message of the film.

For the record i like it

Any film about the Kray brothers.

marquis_de_sad

Similarly, the Big Lebowski. It might seem like a good film, but how good can it really be if it inspired this?

Bhazor

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 31, 2017, 11:29:45 PM
Huh? How?

Surely a more fitting vacuous appropriation of a dead culture purely for stylistics would be  something like School of Rock.

Sharknado is the corporate equivalent of a bad film. A deliberate attempt to grab onto The Room and Birdemic fads. Bet you have a copy. Bet you thought it was a right laugh and told all your friends about this zany movie you wouldn't believe ha ha. Hope you die. 

Funcrusher

That Nick Love vigilante film must be a strong candidate. Never seen it, don't have any plans to.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bhazor on January 31, 2017, 11:35:52 PM
Sharknado is the corporate equivalent of a bad film. A deliberate attempt to grab onto The Room and Birdemic fads. Bet you have a copy. Bet you thought it was a right laugh and told all your friends about this zany movie you wouldn't believe ha ha. Hope you die.

Not had the pleasure but I laughed through half an hour of the ridiculously bad Stonado the other weekend.

Big Jack McBastard

I think it was Rise of the Footsoldier wasn't it?

KillJester

Requiem for a Dream - the hysterical, cartoonish misery combined with its juvenile po-facedness means I'm deeply suspicious if I hear anyone who isn't a kid laud it.

Mr Banlon

Got to agree that Scarface is the ultimate dickhead film.
A thick bloke arrives in Miami with the Mariel boat lift in 1980. Does some stupid violent stuff. Gets murdered two years later.
I don't know how anyone can think Tony Montana is anything other than a total fucking idiot.

zomgmouse

Shaky

The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. I once knew of a man who watched this at least once a week.

zomgmouse

Inceptfuckofftion[nb]Did you see what I did there

I incepted fuck off into Inception

Inceptfuckofftion[/nb]

Kelvin

As a student: Taxi Driver or Raging Bull posters.

That heady mix of tortured machismo, pretension[nb]Not because the films are pretentious, but because they're indicators of "I like quality films"[/nb] and mundanity. 

Lost Oliver

I've got loads of idea for this but as it's early I'll just say Anchorman and waltz out of the thread. Whenever I hear someone say they like it my stomach does a turn and I instantly feel like I've disconnected from the world again.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on January 31, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Scarface if only because so many people grossly misunderstand the message of the film.

For the record i like it
This is the winner.

When I saw the thread title, I instantly thought Scarface.
And that's from someone who likes the film, and owns it, along with a dozen or so other De Palma films.

BlodwynPig

Minothree (because I'm no longer producing)