Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The ultimate dickhead film

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 31, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thraxx

Human Traffic, featuring a larval Danny Dyer.

phantom_power

Shouldn't it be a film that only dickheads love? This would rule Scarface and other actually good films out.

I think any Nick Love film is in with a shout, or any Adam Sandler film after Punch Drunk Love

Hangthebuggers

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 01, 2017, 08:04:56 AM
I've got loads of idea for this but as it's early I'll just say Anchorman and waltz out of the thread. Whenever I hear someone say they like it my stomach does a turn and I instantly feel like I've disconnected from the world again.

I'm kind of with you.  I don't think it's an inherently terrible film or anything (though its status as one of the all-time great comedies confuses me a little), but anytime someone proudly quotes it unbidden in casual conversation, I feel like I get a pretty good idea of whether or not we're going to get on.  I'm right about 80% of the time on this one.

I'd say all of those Seth Rogen/Evan Goldberg comedies count as well, though thankfully the writing is so unmemorable that they rarely seem to get quoted out loud.

Glebe

Jerzy Bondov

When we say 'dickhead', we're just thinking of laddish men aren't we? In which case it's The Hangover 2.

I knew a total dickhead whose favourite film was Last of the Mohicans so I can't help but see that as a dickhead film. I'm sure it's a good film, but it's also a dickhead film. His other favourite was The Last Samurai which is definitely a dickhead film as it's about Tom Cruise going to Japan and being better at being Japanese than the Japs.

Golden E. Pump

'Ted'. Never seen it. Don't want to.

MoonDust

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shall we break down types of dickhead?

- Dickheads watching stuff by morons for morons (eg. Tommy Boy, The Business)
- Dickheads enjoying more morally complex films for the wrong reasons, because of facile elements like drugs, guns, excess (Fight Club, Scarface)
- Dickheads mistaking pop culture and stylistics for profundity/complexity (Requiem for a Dream, Inception)
-

Lord Mandrake

Agree with Fast & furious and add Expendables, haven't seen any of them.

Black_Bart

Twin Town. For welsh dick heads.

Small Man Big Horse

Sausage Party - A horrendously laddish homophobic and racist cartoon that thinks it can get away with it's offensiveness due to it being animated. It can't, and only cunts like it.[nb]Cue one of my favourite posters saying they enjoyed it. Well it's over between us now, that's for sure.[/nb]

greenman

Probably Crank 2: High Voltage, not just a dickhead film but an advert for the benefits of dickheadery.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: greenman on February 01, 2017, 12:14:35 PM
Probably Crank 2: High Voltage, not just a dickhead film but an advert for the benefits of dickheadery.

Noooooooooooooo! I love both the Crank films, but especially the second.

Crank is a good choice. It's a 12 year-old COD player's wet dream.

I'm tempted to give Sausage Party a go to see how much hate I can generate.

Paaaaul

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 01, 2017, 01:03:24 PM
Crank is a good choice. It's a 12 year-old COD player's wet dream.

I'm tempted to give Sausage Party a go to see how much hate I can generate.

The directors of Crank made another film called Gamer.
THAT is the 12 year-old COD player's wet dream.

Lord Mandrake

Saw bits of a film called Battleships - like the game. It was really dickheaded, also transformers.

Blumf

You lot are picking bad films, not particularly films that dickheads like. I mean, did anyone at all actually like Sausage Party?

I'll add another vote for Scarface, a film liked by dickheads for the wrong reasons.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blumf on February 01, 2017, 02:10:01 PM
You lot are picking bad films, not particularly films that dickheads like. I mean, did anyone at all actually like Sausage Party?

It's the sort of thing the AV Club would normally hate but they gave it a pretty positive review: http://www.avclub.com/review/filthy-disney-spoof-sausage-party-actually-has-som-240908 - plus it took $140,752,617 worldwide at the cinema, and has an 83% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. They however are all wrong, and I am right.

greenman

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 01, 2017, 01:01:02 PM
Noooooooooooooo! I love both the Crank films, but especially the second.

Yeah I do actually enjoy it as well, its dickheadry raised to an artform.

Blumf

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 01, 2017, 02:52:24 PM
It's the sort of thing the AV Club would normally hate but they gave it a pretty positive review: http://www.avclub.com/review/filthy-disney-spoof-sausage-party-actually-has-som-240908 - plus it took $140,752,617 worldwide at the cinema, and has an 83% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Fucking hell, that's depressing.

The talk about the Crank films; I'd contrast them with Shoot 'Em Up, which has a similar hyper-action style, but is a witless dickhead's film.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Against my better judgement, I got nagged into seeing xXx: The Return of Xander Cage the other week. It's boring and incoherent but, even worse than that, it's so pleased with itself. Half the dialogue is devoted to describing how cool the characters (mostly Vin Diesel) are meant to be. It's like Poochie, but played straight.

See also (or, better yet, don't) Suicide Squad.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I'm not going to say you're a cunt if you think Shawshank Redemption is OK. If you think it's a top 100 film ever and stands up to multiple watches you are an awful dickhead.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

How many viewings are acceptable?

Blinder Data

Really, determining someone's dickheadedness by their film choices is utterly dickheaded in itself.

That said...

I have never seen The Boondock Saints apart from a supercut on YouTube. Looked like S4C to me.

Hardcore Henry is another one - essentially the sort of films that 14 year old boys love the most: XxX, Fast and Furious, etc.

Prometheus annoyed me so much that it might as well be one. I would instantly reassess how much I respect someone's opinions if they tried to tell me that that was a good film or even worth watching.

mrpupkin

Another vote for Human Traffic, the most idiotically dickheaded shite of all time.

Dr Syntax Head

Any Star Wars. I always give a mental sigh of ennui whenever I hear anybody talking about it.

I like Fight Club but it is a bit of a dickhead go to. Hang on a minute. Maybe i'm just a dickhead.

I'm adding Predator too because of dickheads in pubs quoting 'geddin tha choppah' in every pub in the country. Lad bantz