Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:16:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Space Cunts

Started by madhair60, February 06, 2017, 10:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 08, 2018, 08:11:23 PM
Is this related to this one you teased us with upthread, or did you sack this one off?

I'm hoping this is evil Liz and Kev from the mirror universe

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 09, 2018, 10:07:16 AM
My friend self-published a book of funny stuff and cartoons using this service, it's a print to order thing: https://www.lulu.com/

He made a decent amount of bunce off it, a few hundred over Christmas for example - so it's worth investigating.

Yes, I can recommend lulu, too. I've used it.

These are really great and definitely ought to be available in printed form.

Rocket Surgery

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on March 09, 2018, 01:03:45 PM
I'm hoping this is evil Liz and Kev from the mirror universe

Surely mirror universe Liz and Kev would be delightful people, striving to make a real positive difference in the universe?

Sebastian Cobb

Liz ain't a cunt, she's just had enough of everyone. In a mirror universe she'd be a cunt, kev would be nice and dave would be really clever innit.

madhair60

Fourteen panels deep. Obviously, er, delayed. The other day I had another idea for one so the one after this won't take as long

Gonna try and finish this the night.

madhair60

24 panels deep. About six to go. It'll go up tonight unless something horrible happens.

madhair60

Sebastian Cobb

Yaaasssss. Nice one Madhair.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Final panels are brutal and majestic, love it

JoeyBananaduck

Everything I hoped for and then some! Nice one MH

madhair60

That's very kind of you thank you. The next one won't take nearly as long, whole thing is planned already

Spoon of Ploff

Thought you'd done a Paul Sheldon there for a minute and we were going to have to kidnap, hobble and shout at you until you came up with a logical means to bring our heros back from the dead...

But it looks like we won't have to do that... which is good.

Stand down everyone. Stand down.

Alberon

This is all fucking genius.

It deserves a mention on the other CaB boards as I suspect a lot of people give HS Art a miss.

madhair60

Quote from: Alberon on March 31, 2018, 12:05:20 AM
This is all fucking genius.

It deserves a mention on the other CaB boards as I suspect a lot of people give HS Art a miss.

Thanks. I'm not gonna go posting it about elsewhere though.

New ones won't take as long as that last one I hope. I have two pretty much fully formed ideas, the first one is easy to draw, the second one is really hard

Sebastian Cobb

I think if people miss out on it because they're in hs art it's their own problem. The price they pay for considering themselves above it.

madhair60

absolute pair

Working on four episodes, pre-emptively titled "Inspection", "Airspace", "Reality Warp" and "Star Cunts".

madhair60

Lads, if I did a long-form multi-part Space Cunts story with an actual narrative but the same exact art and humour, would people be into that? Or should I just keep doing the one-offs

Serialize it, you could do cliff hangers and everything.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: madhair60 on April 20, 2018, 03:08:42 PM
Lads, if I did a long-form multi-part Space Cunts story with an actual narrative but the same exact art and humour, would people be into that? Or should I just keep doing the one-offs

What is wrong with you!!!? Do Both!!!

I promise I will not moan at the inevitable drop in quality resulting from such a work load.

madhair60

Lads, I'm at your mercy. I am trying to put these comics in a little print thing and I have no idea how to resize them in a way that makes sense and is consistent. I didn't think about this eventuality AT ALL when I made them and I don't even know where to start.

Spoon of Ploff

You mean, squeezing them onto an A4 sized page or something like that? Is our resident Judge Dredd artist available to advise on this?

Meanwhile... I am seriously tempted to get this on a T-Shirt:

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on April 20, 2018, 03:12:03 PM
Serialize it, you could do cliff hangers and everything.

I agree, I think the short form allows for serialising  and one offs. I think your ideas frequently have self-contained resolutions that lend themselves well to normal one page strips.

But obviously have a go and prove me spectacularly wrong

Bhazor

If fucking Ant Man can be a billion dollar franchise then the fucking sky's the limit.

Beagle 2

madhair60

Here are the Space Cunts comics that failed to get anywhere in Wimblewrong this year. The third one is just a response to losing that I made to amuse myself.

Proper Space Cunts coming soon

madhair60

Okay, this is self-indulgent as fuck but I've been doing Overfiend Comics for over a decade now and decided to do a long-form "10th Anniversary" comic that ties a lot of stuff together. So long-term madhair60 fans can struggle to enjoy the first four pages of "Days of Future Arsed". Yes, they're big, no, I'm not resizing them:

If anyone gives a tenth of a shit I'll post the whole thing when it's done. Scroll up for Space Cunts.

RedRevolver

I genuinely think this is my favourite thing ever.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: RedRevolver on July 13, 2018, 02:30:13 PM
I genuinely think this is my favourite thing ever.

One of us, one of us.