Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

the brit awards

Started by smoker, February 18, 2004, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "european son"
Kylie also played the fantastic Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head, a cut and paste of her own great Kraftwerk rip-off single and New Order's Kraftwerk-inspired hit, which the Germans allegedly (according to the NewOrderStory VHS) heard, and tried to imitate, but were totally unable to copy.

That sounds absolutely brand spanking marvelous, but unfortunately the link doesn't appear to work.  Or am I being very stupid?

european son

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"
That sounds absolutely brand spanking marvelous, but unfortunately the link doesn't appear to work.  Or am I being very stupid?

nope... i'm being crap... give us a sec to sort it out (it's definitely worth a download, being the brilliant live version and not the less interesting studio cut)

edit: Kylie - Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head (Live)

there ya go. was a stray lowercase "o" that was screwing things up

Mediocre Rich

Thanks.

I'm ashamed to say I never actually made the connection before.  Lovely.

morgs

My biggest annoyance was the choice of nominations for Best Single.  Rachel Stevens?  Mysitique?  Someone else?   BUT WORST OF ALL....

Gareth Gates - Spirit in the Sky????????????

For fuck's sake this song originally came out in approximately 1970!  Can't we even find 5 original songs to put forward?  Thank God Westlife are Irish or we could have had 'Mandy' nominated as well.

Ban cover versions!

Take note Busted, Atomic Shitten and the fuckawful Beatles cover at number 1 this week.

I'm gonna go and relax in a radox bath...

Quote from: "Matthias"Bastard performing Teenage Kicks... SACRILEGE!!
(smoker, how could you confuse the Undertones with the Buzzcocks? How?)

Interesting side note ... Fergal Sharkey is an arrogant cock considering how crap his songs are.