Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Splatoon 2

Started by Shay Chaise, February 12, 2017, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 19, 2018, 05:28:53 PM
Having gruellingly fought my way up to Overachiever level in Salmon Run, in the hope of exciting new things at this higher level...  Only to find there are no new things, it's the same...  Fuck Salmon Run and its brown ground and its grey water and its poorly balanced gameplay. Fuck it right off.

(I expect it might be fun in local multiplayer, where you get to shout "GO AND GET THAT FUCKING TOWER CUNT!" or whatever, but it's shite as a solo online thing.)

Have done an about-face on this one. Possibly because now I'm at the top level (Profeshional) and everyone else is pretty good, it's no longer a totally unfair mess. There's still rounds and stages that are nonsense – where at high tide it's throwing eight bosses at you and there physically isn't room to avoid anything – but the variety of it is currently more of a pull than the regular mode.

Back into this with the new Bloblobber weapon which appears to be a toilet from which you launch some bouncing turds. Great fun bouncing turds off walls round corners into some guy's face.

There's something about people who are really into Splatoon that I find very suspicious. I don't want to say paedos but I find them disgusting and unnerving in a way I don't find the general hatemongering gaming populace. Their usernames are always a bit weird, symbols and stuff, a bit vaporwave or anime.

Consignia

It's because of the anthropomorphic nature of the characters, it attracts the furrys, right?

Ah, that's right. It's a very peculiar and particular stench and one which makes me feel queasy. Especially when I keep losing.

Had this for a few weeks now based on recommendations and reviews, but I'm tempted to give up and trade it in for something else. The single player mode is ok, but I'm finding the multiplayer - the reason I bought it - to be so fucking dull. There doesn't seem to be much more to it than getting better weapons to give yourself a higher chance of winning.

Does it get significantly better once you reach level 10?

Kelvin

At level 10 you unlock various new modes, besides the standard one, and with ranks and more cash as the reward.

They make you play the basic mode for far too long before the other modes unlock, but if you're nearly at rank 10, you might as well reach that, and see if the added variety improves your opinion of the game before selling it.

Kelvin

As for the incentives to play multiplayer, it's basically a loop of earning cash and ranking up to get better weapons, and new clothes with different perks. The sea urchin can help you cultivate the exact setup you prefer, with the exact clothes you like. That's it, really, outside of fighting to raise or maintain your rank (which unlocks at level 10), and is based on those additional modes.

Cheers for that. I'm at level 7, so I'll stick with it. I'm finding that the basic multiplayer is just every player for themself and doesn't involve any sort of tactical play, but hopefully that'll change when I unlock the new modes.

Kelvin

The other modes are much harder, and each require different skillsets and weapon loadouts, imo. Some of the modes are far more tactical than the basic mode, but as I say, the rewards are better, too.

Mango Chimes

I've taken a break from the Switch since the Nintendo Crap Online Service launched. But, dammit, Splatoween may well pull me back in...

BritishHobo

Just having a nice stroll through Inkopolis Square

BritishHobo

Downloaded Octo Expansion.

FUCK the Rainmaker level.