Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Someone makes spotify playlist of every song from Morris' R1 Music Show

Started by Thursday, February 12, 2017, 12:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Cheers for this.

Unrelated: do you reckon the use of Wise Up by Aimee Mann in Brass Eye (I think) was sincere or ironic? Like, was it used because sad music made the scene funnier, or because they thought the song itself was worth taking the piss out of?

Because I fucking love that song and I have always felt a bit insecure about that scene. Does Chris Morris hate Aimee Mann? :(

Hugh Jass

Quote from: popcorn on February 12, 2017, 04:52:39 PM
Cheers for this.

Unrelated: do you reckon the use of Wise Up by Aimee Mann in Brass Eye (I think) was sincere or ironic? Like, was it used because sad music made the scene funnier, or because they thought the song itself was worth taking the piss out of?

Because I fucking love that song and I have always felt a bit insecure about that scene. Does Chris Morris hate Aimee Mann? :(

What scene was it used in?

the

It was used in one of the Breezeblocks, the looped intro runs under the interview with Michael Moore. I imagine he used it because it makes a pleasant loop.

Edit: and in Jam (on the kids party sketch). Sorry, haven't seen it for years.
Can't really see any insincerity about it, he obviously likes it. And it creates a mood.

I did a Spotify playlist for the music from all 3 series of Blue Jam which, I THINK, is the most complete one on there if anyone's interested. 

The tracks are in order as they appeared in each episode, and it includes stuff that was used as background for the sketches and monologues.  There are a couple of omissions because the songs either still haven't been identified or aren't actually available on Spotify, but there are only a handful that aren't on there. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/upyaws/playlist/3iL0bJYnjTx041VkkQTh0x