Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:36:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Santa Clarita Diet

Started by SteveDave, February 13, 2017, 08:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I really enjoyed this. Drew Barrymore becomes a zombie (of sorts) after throwing up a lot.Timothy Olyphant is her husband and Rocky Denis is their daughter.

She needs to eat human flesh to stay alive. Hilarity ensues. Ten episodes, 30 minutes each. Lovely stuff. A little bit like Pushing Daises in a way.

The one thing that made my right eyebrow raise was in the end credits. The starring credits are laid out like:

Timothy Olyphant
Drew Barrymore

So he's above her but she's furthest right. Seems a bit petty as neither of them are exactly stars. I suppose she's more well-known than him though?

mothman

It's a common thing to avoid clashes over top billing between two stars (who regard themselves to be) of equal stature.

easytarget

Yep - opening credits of Cheers does the same thing.

I really enjoyed this show - it's another good example of a sitcom that doesn't end each episode where it started (Last Man on Earth and The Good Place also do this) which means the stakes are a bit higher - characters can die the plot can skew off in an unexpected direction.

Old Nehamkin

I watched the first two. It's pretty funny and very watchable and I like the straightforward weirdness of the premise. Barrymore is good but Olyphant is a fucking delight and I was more or less grinning every second he was on screen, although I'm already a big fan of his from Deadwood and Justified. Anyway, yeah, definite thumbs up from me.

Brundle-Fly

Just finished both seasons today. Wasn't sure at first but what a little gem of a show that just got better and better. Great cast, great script, great gore!

And a special mention to Nathan Fillon who plays Gary. Fuck me, he's funny.