Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Kelvin, February 14, 2017, 03:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buntyman

It looks amazing. I decided to save my money and stick with my pre-order of the Wii U version that seems like a bargain now at £30. Maybe I'll treat myself to the season pass thing too. I'm away this weekend so if i'd bought a switch I'd have been able to take it with me but overall i think it was probably a sensible decision. It looks like a game that I'd probably be mainly wanting to play on a big screen anyway. My main surprise is that it's supposed to last anything between 50 and 100 hours, the last I heard it was meant to be shorter than Skyward Sword but that's obviously not the case. Maybe i'm going to need to get one of those pro controllers too since it's confirmed that the Wii U gamepad doesn't add any extra features.

Kelvin

Quote from: buntyman on March 02, 2017, 01:03:22 PM
My main surprise is that it's supposed to last anything between 50 and 100 hours, the last I heard it was meant to be shorter than Skyward Sword but that's obviously not the case.

From what I've heard, the main quest itself is about 20 hours if you just go plot point to plot point, without exploring. I think it would make the game incredibly hard, though, as you only gain additional hearts, weapon slots, more stamina, etc by doing shrines, side quests and exploration.   

amnesiac

Does anyone know if it has a difficulty mode? I play everything on Easy or Super Easy or easier if available.

Pdine

Quote from: amnesiac on March 02, 2017, 01:48:11 PM
Does anyone know if it has a difficulty mode? I play everything on Easy or Super Easy or easier if available.

DLC will apparently introduce Hard mode, although this may just mean Link's dick gets hard.

Shay Chaise

Quote from: amnesiac on March 02, 2017, 01:48:11 PM

It will push your shit in.

buntyman

if you use the amiibo toys you can get items and extra life raining down on request. Seems a bit cheaty though.

Bhazor

98 Metacritic with 56 professional reviews and about 40 10/10 scores

It's even better than Gone Home. Which only managed to get a perfect score 7 times.

brat-sampson

I mean, sure, it all looks fine, but has anyone confirmed if you get to roll around in a room full of pots yet?

Thursday

My copy has arrived, now I just need to wait for the switch. Incredibly excited. I turn 30 tomorrow.

Kelvin

Quote from: Thursday on March 02, 2017, 06:12:51 PM
I turn 30 tomorrow.

In the last couple of weeks I've finally come out the other side of the most unrelentingly awful two years of my life. To celebrate, starting tomorrow I'm having my first week of doing absolutely fuck all in literally years. Just gonna play Zelda every hour of the day - and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I honestly feel myself getting emotional thinking about what I have to look forward to, after what I've been through. I can't think of a more perfect game to have come out at this point for me.     

biggytitbo

Quote from: Thursday on March 02, 2017, 06:12:51 PM
My copy has arrived, now I just need to wait for the switch.

Bet you'd eat it if it didn't taste so bad.

Kelvin

For anyone who doesn't know what's biggy's (presumably) referring to, here's a video of a guy licking a switch cartridge:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=253&v=UjQefYbFFYo

Bhazor

Still gonna lick it. Nintendo can't stop me. You can't stop me.

Kelvin

Quote from: Bhazor on March 02, 2017, 08:12:14 PM
Still gonna lick it. Nintendo can't stop me. You can't stop me.

The second I saw his reaction I instantly thought "Well, now I have to lick the bloody thing, don't I!?"

Thursday

Quote from: Kelvin on March 02, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
In the last couple of weeks I've finally come out the other side of the most unrelentingly awful two years of my life. To celebrate, starting tomorrow I'm having my first week of doing absolutely fuck all in literally years. Just gonna play Zelda every hour of the day - and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I honestly feel myself getting emotional thinking about what I have to look forward to, after what I've been through. I can't think of a more perfect game to have come out at this point for me.     

Yeah the timing has worked out so perfectly for me, even though it's been nothing major, I've had some quite stressful times at work recently. I've booked Tomorrow and Monday off work and I really feel like I need it right now. At the very least it's getting less cold and dark so it really does feel like the right game to have right now.

Bhazor

Quote from: brat-sampson on March 02, 2017, 04:59:08 PM
I mean, sure, it all looks fine, but has anyone confirmed if you get to roll around in a room full of pots yet?

Sadly not, you also can't cut grass for rupees. I think it might still just pull through despite these omissions. But then there's always Dark Souls which not only features the best pot smashing since Ocarina but the best room trashing since Citizen Kane.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

I ordered my Wii U copy on Amazon in January. I have Amazon Prime. Yet they say they're not going to deliver it until Monday WTF?!

I am working from home today and have nothing to do all weekend as I hoped to play this. I'm going to have to go to an actual shop aren't I?

Edit: I actually forgot I could download it. Might go and start that now even though it's five thirty in the morning. Not going to get much work done today am I?

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Eight Taiwanese Teenagers on March 03, 2017, 05:32:03 AM
I ordered my Wii U copy on Amazon in January. I have Amazon Prime. Yet they say they're not going to deliver it until Monday WTF?!

I am working from home today and have nothing to do all weekend as I hoped to play this. I'm going to have to go to an actual shop aren't I?

Yep same here. Also wfh today! How much is the download? Luckily Argos has come to my rescue although it does mean I have to go into town where there's actual horrible people. Fuck Amazon.

Sixty quid. My physical copy from Amazon was going to be forty. How they justify charging more for the download I don't know. But I suppose it all goes directly to Nintendo so I guess I can consider the extra cost as a donation to a good cause.

Shay Chaise

The second my physical copy arrives I'll be downloading the digital and returning the physical for a refund.

Also, yeah, Argos are the best. I always used to rep Index but Argos own all shops.

mobias

You can keep your fucking Zelda. A lovely new arable farm in rural Devon has just been released for Farming Simulator 17.

Take it from me, I know where the gaming fun is to be had these days. And its all in Devon.

So after downloading the game and what I thought was the update this morning, I actually ended up doing a hard day's work and only just got a chance to start the game. Except now it's spending another half an hour downloading another update. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

kittens

fack i wanna play this. never played a zeldy before. i'm HYPED though. it's on wii u right?

Twed

Yeah, I saw it in a store for Wii U last night.

amnesiac

spent 5 mins on it at work, Link finds something that looks suspiciously like a
Spoiler alert
Switch
[close]
, too cute man!

DocDaneeka

Got this on Wii U, absolute shite it is. N64 quality graphics and a story strictly for babies.

Nah not really. It's great as you'd expect, really has the feel of an open world Ico type game but with proper slick Zelda controls and gameplay.

Haven't watched much other than the trailers so I'm hoping there's going to be some Gorons and maybe a village or two. And I'd be really happy if it turned out the old man is actually Tingle in disguise.

Bhazor

I played for about 10 minutes before having to go out. Spent a large part of that time fleeing from goblins as my stick broke and I was too slow to nick theirs.

Kelvin

This game looks waaay better in action than it does in videos. The art design of the characters is absolutely gorgeous.

Inspired use of music, too. Almost none whatsoever most of the time, just ambient sounds; bird song, fish splashing in a pond, wind in the grass... then you walk past a nice vista and out of nowhere the game introduces the softest of piano melodies, very low in the mix. Really makes those kinds of scenic moments - the bread and butter of most open world games - feel extra special.