Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Kelvin, February 14, 2017, 03:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: jobotic on November 13, 2020, 12:47:56 PM
Done another Lynel. I'm the King.

Some of them have rubbish weapons though. Where's the best one?

In the normal game (not master mode), it's a Silver Lynel or White Lynel, I can't remember which. The best ones have amazing swords, spears, a club bigger than Link, and multi shot bows. Early ones, like Red Maned Lynels, don't have anything to write home about.

jobotic

Cheers. Got a couple of three shot bows but I think there's a five. Was a bit disappointed with the weapons, as they have pisspoor durability (so far).

It's much easier if they use fire so you can fly up on the updrafts and shoot the fuckers in slow motion.

Dog Botherer

5 shot bows are a random chance i think. like when you randomly find a weapon that has a damage or durability bonus. can't remember what triggers them dropping but it started happening later in the game for me.

I've been playing Link to the Past for the first time on the Switch. I played through Link's Awakening on the Game Boy as a teen, so I'm pretty familiar with the gameplay style, but I wish this one had a bit more dialogue to provide hints and direction. I'm loving it otherwise.

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 19, 2020, 05:15:11 PM
but I wish this one had a bit more dialogue to provide hints and direction. I'm loving it otherwise.

Don't let that bloke from the Mario Odyssey thread read that...

popcorn

Quote from: thelittlemango on November 19, 2020, 10:39:55 PM
Don't let that bloke from the Mario Odyssey thread read that...

Zelda's all right, Mario games can SHUT THE FUCK UP

Kelvin

This Age of Calamity game has been worth it for the moment when

SPOILER
Spoiler alert
a beaten down Link finally draws the master sword from it's pedestal, and this song kicks in as you cut down your enemies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l848DCVAmlY
[close]
SPOILER

The game's fine, exactly what you'd expect, but it does excel in making Link look cooler than he ever has before.

magval

Quote from: Kelvin on November 23, 2020, 06:57:12 PM
This Age of Calamity game has been worth it for the moment when

SPOILER
Spoiler alert
a beaten down Link finally draws the master sword from it's pedestal, and this song kicks in as you cut down your enemies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l848DCVAmlY
[close]
SPOILER

The game's fine, exactly what you'd expect, but it does excel in making Link look cooler than he ever has before.

Link has never looked cooler than struggling to stand up straight and going 'wa-ah dh dh dh dh' on Ice Ring Isle and I accept your apology.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 19, 2020, 05:15:11 PM
I've been playing Link to the Past for the first time on the Switch. I played through Link's Awakening on the Game Boy as a teen, so I'm pretty familiar with the gameplay style, but I wish this one had a bit more dialogue to provide hints and direction. I'm loving it otherwise.

I played through Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons this/last year.  Since the latter two were made by Capcom they're lacking a bit of the magic that Awakening has, especially when it comes to the music (plus they're reusing basically everything from Awakening), but Ages in particular deserves attention.  Seasons is ok but the premise of changing seasons isn't as well used as time travel in Ages.

jobotic

Stupid question.

Me and the boy just defeated the last Ganons and met Zelda and saw the credits. Bit gutted really!

But I thought I could carry on playing and looking for shrines and stuff I haven't done. Really need to follow that korok lad without him seeing me. My only options are new game or to carry on from the last save which is before I enter the sanctum. Have I misunderstood how it works?

Chedney Honks

Yes, it's a bit of a shame that there's no no post-game, to be honest. If you didn't get all the memories, at least you can do that and complete the game again for the true ending.

Kelvin

Quote from: jobotic on November 29, 2020, 07:59:54 PM
Stupid question.

Me and the boy just defeated the last Ganons and met Zelda and saw the credits. Bit gutted really!

But I thought I could carry on playing and looking for shrines and stuff I haven't done. Really need to follow that korok lad without him seeing me. My only options are new game or to carry on from the last save which is before I enter the sanctum. Have I misunderstood how it works?

I've never understood the need for a post-game with Ganon dead. The shrines, the Divine Beasts, the quests, they're all in preparation for that fight, and once he's dead, the monsters and malice will disappear - that's why you're trying to kill him. Plus, I like turning the game on and just heading straight to Ganon for a barney. How is getting the shrines in a save before killing Ganon any different to doing it afterwards, with the main threat removed?

By the way; your completion rate is now shown on the map if you continue in the starred "final" save before Ganon.

Dog Botherer

i think i had a completion rate of 99.79 or something because i was missing one korok. infuriating.

jobotic

Quote from: Kelvin on November 29, 2020, 08:35:22 PM
I've never understood the need for a post-game with Ganon dead, the shrines, the quests, they're all in preparation for that fight, and once he's dead, the monsters and malice will disappear - that's why you're trying to kill him. Plus, I like turning the game on and just heading straight to Ganon for a barney. How is getting the shrines in a save before killing Ganon any different to doing it afterwards, with the main threat removed?

By the way; your completion rate is now shown on the map if you continue in the starred "final" save before Ganon.

Yeah, makes sense, I just misread what people were saying I think. It did occur to me that the monsters and all that would be gone once he was dead. Will carry on from last save. think I had another 20 or so shrines to go. Need the memories too has the final scenes were a bit underwhelming.

Surprised how easy the final boss was compared to that fucking Lynel in the mountains!

Thursday

I do like a game going to the effort to have a post-game that makes sense though.  Justifying Link still adventuring with "You must stay strong in case a new threat ever emerges, they're are still monsters out in the world" that kind of thing. Giving all the townsfolk new dialogue. I know that's actually quite a big undertaking for something most people won't see, but it is nice.

Pink Gregory

Got a Switch and BotW for xmas; and it honestly feels like a cliche but it's been a long time since I've had that feeling of pure sublimation seeing a world stretch out before you.  And that was literally in the first minute.

Pink Gregory

Auuuoy!

I kinda thought I'd dropped BOTW but I picked it up again on a whim and sublimated for another 20-40 hours over the last two weeks.  Two divine beasts (kind of sequence breaking because you're clearly supposed to do Zora's Domain first?), my first Lynel and my first Hinox slain, got the Big Pony, climbed a few mountains.

This fucking game, man.  Nothing like it.  Still can't put my finger on what this has over all of the other big map open world games that the very thought of bores me.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 17, 2023, 07:16:45 AMAuuuoy!

I kinda thought I'd dropped BOTW but I picked it up again on a whim and sublimated for another 20-40 hours over the last two weeks.  Two divine beasts (kind of sequence breaking because you're clearly supposed to do Zora's Domain first?), my first Lynel and my first Hinox slain, got the Big Pony, climbed a few mountains.

This fucking game, man.  Nothing like it.  Still can't put my finger on what this has over all of the other big map open world games that the very thought of bores me.

Delightful

DAH DAH-DAH-DAH DAHDAH
DAH DAH-DAH-DAH DAHDAH

music