Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvanna The Band The Show

Started by Ron Superior, February 14, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Yeah I wonder. Wasn't his mother British in the previous season? Maybe that's how he's aware of it (although from his accent in "Time for a big art attack!" it doesn't seem like he spent any time in the UK)

Twed

Ja'moke

The Art Attack reference completely took me by surprise too, as I assumed it was just a British thing. But many Canadians in that FB group mentioned how it aired in Canada, and they were surprised it was known outside of their country!

SteveDave

Quote from: Repeater on November 14, 2017, 05:29:27 PM
anyone hook me up with the web episodes?

When I get home (possibly tomorrow) I'll try and share the Google Drive thing I've saved with all the web episodes on. There's 12 (I think) and they're all about 10 minutes long.

Now, can anyone help with getting episode 3 of series 2? The Facebook group have gone all legit by buying Canadian iTunes vouchers and setting up Canadian iTunes. Loosers.

madhair60

Quote from: SteveDave on November 15, 2017, 08:47:05 AM
When I get home (possibly tomorrow) I'll try and share the Google Drive thing I've saved with all the web episodes on. There's 12 (I think) and they're all about 10 minutes long.

Now, can anyone help with getting episode 3 of series 2? The Facebook group have gone all legit by buying Canadian iTunes vouchers and setting up Canadian iTunes. Loosers.

Please do help. I really want to see that webseries

Repeater

Ron Superior

The place I've found the new episodes is linked from the show's subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nirvannatheband

Repeater and madhair60, check your messages.

VelourSpirit

That opening had me crying. With this show I'm either laughing harder than any other comedy series has made me, or I'm just smiling at how lovely the interactions are and all the brilliant little unexpected reactions from the public. Nice to hear some Boards of Canada too.

Ja'moke

Favourite episode of this series so far. Lovely stuff, and the bit with the crowd hounding Matt for his chips was hilarious. Someone posted this in the FB group, looks like Matt became known as "chipman" last year during that 420 festival: https://imgur.com/0lI8NNM

madhair60

Luke Skywalker has vanished

"NOOOO!!"

SteveDave

The one with the Goldeneye tournament has been my favourite so far this series. The B-Day one just ended strangely. Maybe it was a reference I wasn't getting?

VelourSpirit

Just a Breaking Bad reference with Matt being really melodramatic about keeping their "ban" a secret.

SteveDave

madhair60

Ja'moke

VelourSpirit

alan nagsworth

I just had a big catch up watch from episode 2 onwards. The Mrs Doubtfire episode seemed like a Mrs Misfire, (tried too hard to go for the heart but ultimately didn't hit hard enough) and the GoldenEye tournament one was good but again a little bit weak (with too much emphasis on established videogames/drugs tropes that fell kind of short here, not to mention the predictable Rival1/Rivoli bit). There didn't seem to be any amazing reveals or twists that made the first season so incredible and head-scratching.

The ongoing saga of hacking into/under the Rivoli in the recent two episodes has been a lot more enjoyable and I'm hoping the rest of the season carries on more of an elaborate plot arc that keeps it interesting. I did love the 4/20 episode though, and the rotten banana bit with the closing shutter behind Jay was great. Also, "This is a bad day for the bird". Jay is freakin adorable.

Repeater

Was desperate to introduce the girlfriend to this, particularly to let her see The Buffet, so we watched episode 1 as an intro, then The Buffet. For me, this might be the best 20 mins of TV I've seen, legit. Touches my heartstrings. She liked it a lot too. Love this show. I'll get cracking on the new season.

Ja'moke

Gonna get some lemons. I'll be back.

imitationleather

Been firing through this the past couple of days. Always gave it a wide-berth because the title makes it sound like it'll be total shite.

imitationleather official verdict: Very funny. Would bang.

madhair60

Does anyone know if non-TV versions of the first series exist?

kittens

Quote from: SteveDave on November 22, 2017, 10:55:08 AM
The one with the Goldeneye tournament has been my favourite so far this series. The B-Day one just ended strangely. Maybe it was a reference I wasn't getting?

hat bit was a reference to westworld i'm p sure

alan nagsworth

Quote from: madhair60 on November 27, 2017, 08:47:58 PM
Does anyone know if non-TV versions of the first series exist?

it is all available on the pirates bay in high quality

So anyone else sharing my above thoughts that the second and third episodes weren't that great? Or is that just me?

I will concede though, the Fresh Prince/Jazzy Jeff bit at the end of the GoldenEye episode was fucking excellent.

SteveDave

All of this series hasn't had the same manic everything happening at once quality that the first series had. Apart from the Goldeneye episode.

Ja'moke

Quote from: kittens on November 27, 2017, 10:09:07 PM
hat bit was a reference to westworld i'm p sure

Breaking Bad. They credited Heisenberg Theme.

kittens

Zetetic

Ron Superior

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 28, 2017, 05:10:44 PM

So anyone else sharing my above thoughts that the second and third episodes weren't that great? Or is that just me?

I'm kind of the opposite. I was a bit disappointed at first in The Book, but enjoyed The Buddy and The Boost more. It definitely seems like they're trying to fit more set narrative elements in per episode and relying less on the interacting with the public, the references etc. I'll definitely be going through all episodes again once the season's over as I reckon there will be other things I pick up on.

Do you reckon the hacker in The Banned was either a cast member or in on it at all? He was a fascinating chap!

Ja'moke

I reckon he was in on it, to an extent.

By the way, no episode this week. Back next Friday.

VelourSpirit

Back again! This time it's the intended first episode of series 2. Odd for them to place it in between the banned stuff but still, really brilliantly funny and clever as always.