Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvanna The Band The Show

Started by Ron Superior, February 14, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Quote from: TwinPeaks on December 10, 2017, 09:02:42 AM
Back again! This time it's the intended first episode of series 2. Odd for them to place it in between the banned stuff but still, really brilliantly funny and clever as always.

Yeah, that was one of the better ones so far this season. The talking head segments were especially well done, particularly Matt's ones. It is odd that they've been aired out of order though, as that felt very much like a season opener.

Loved how Matt resolved to never keep a secret from Jay again, when he's been doing that in almost every episode this season so far.

SteveDave

Why are they showing them out of order?

VelourSpirit

Quote from: SteveDave on December 11, 2017, 02:36:37 PM
Why are they showing them out of order?
Viceland are acting quite bizarrely. Heard a rumour that they don't even want the show but are keeping it on to appease Spike Jonze.

Ja'moke

"A genderless burger experience."

Really enjoyed that episode, but it is odd that they showed it out of order because it had a lot of set-up theme-wise for where this series is going (has gone). Stupid Viceland.

Ron Superior

Yes, loved this episode. Between their take on Whose Line improv acting and Wahlberger camera talk they were on fire.

Ja'moke

Morrison Lard

This show programme is fucking glorious, loved the arse of this latest series.

The fact it's seen by pretty much nobody, and the channel that owns it also seems to hate it gives it a whacking great bonus mark too.

Best thing from y'onside of the Atlantic in years.

Ron Superior

Can you think of another non-network show that something like this has happened to? This seems pretty unique right?

alan nagsworth

The Burger is a fantastic episode, one of this season's best for sure. The sneeze (I don't think that's enough of a thing to be a spoiler) was the finniest part of the episode, so fucking brilliantly edited in. Made me absolutely howl. I also wanna give props to whenever Matt burps, which seems to be a lot.

Okay, so, regarding the order in which the episodes are airing: even if Viceland can't be arsed with it, there's no logical reason why a channel or whatever would pointedly air the episodes out of order. If there was any feud then surely NTBTS would have just walked, or at least advised the fans to wait until they've all aired and then watch them in the right order? It honestly doesn't make any sense to me.

SteveDave

"Because it's like...totally random? Yeah?"

Possibly.

VelourSpirit

https://www.reddit.com/r/nirvannatheband/comments/7q24vo/okay_wtf/
Apparently Viceland aired the finale a few days ago, without airing the penultimate episode that leads into the finale. I don't understand. What possible reason could they have for even waiting a month to air them? Fucking hell. Imagine having one of the best comedy series' of the decade and treating it like this.

zomgmouse

Just watched all of the web series and loved it. Hoping to get into the show proper quite soon.

What is going on with the order of the episodes of Season 2? How many are there and what order should they be watched in?

Ron Superior

Here's shandy guide:

https://twitter.com/NTBTHESHOW/status/926904931033923584?s=09

What an absolute fucking mess.

In the interest of at least trying to be fair to Viceland, is it possible that the messed up order, and delaying of episodes is due to legal issues cos of the way the sailingng close to the wind way Matt and Jay make the show?

ads82

Have Viceland aired the final episode yet? I don't want to start watching the 2nd season until the episode has been aired then I can watch it the intended order.

Ja'moke

Quote from: ads82 on January 21, 2018, 12:00:51 PM
Have Viceland aired the final episode yet? I don't want to start watching the 2nd season until the episode has been aired then I can watch it the intended order.

Nope. And no word from Viceland about what is going on.

madhair60

VelourSpirit

Turns out that gravestone in the Halloween special was a bit optimistic. I hope wherever they go next will be as good with copyrighted stuff.

Ja'moke

A quote from Matt about this Viceland situation: "From our perspective nothing has changed with the news today. We have a three-season deal with Vice Studio Canada, not Viceland, and we're in the middle of production on the third season right now. Where it's going to air is obviously a question, but to be honest it's not one we're worried about right now."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/television/nirvanna-the-band-the-show-lives-on-despite-rogers-pulling-plug-on-viceland/article37694577/

rasta-spouse

This is great. Although I think it could be less referency. I was never sure who would win in a most gormless expression competition: Ardal O'Hanlon or Harpo Marx, but now I see its  Matthew Johnson by a mile.

alan nagsworth

Mate. I just watched The Dirties, and wow, what a fucking brilliant film that is. The work that goes into the production here, where allegedly practically no scripted dialogue was used, every shot is straddling the line between deliberate amateurism and arthouse aplomb, and the finely tuned balance of light hearted comedy and deeply realised character drama, is just utterly remarkable. I am constantly dumbfounded by how talented a performer and director Matt Johnson is. If you're into the show and you've not yet seen this, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's basically the exact same sort of thing. I loved it to pieces.

madhair60

Two-part finale tomorrow night in 'Murca

Ja'moke

Quote from: madhair60 on February 08, 2018, 06:51:19 PM
Two-part finale tomorrow night in 'Murca

Canada. ;)

Either way, about damn time!

alan nagsworth

Considering they allegedly rewrote the episode three times during the editing, and it was only in the production stages a few days ago, this is especially great.

zomgmouse

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 28, 2018, 09:55:48 PM
Mate. I just watched The Dirties, and wow, what a fucking brilliant film that is.

I've not yet seen this but do check out Operation Avalanche if you've not already! Super stuff.

SteveDave

I thought "Operation Avalanche" stretched credulity a bit too far. How many cans of film were they carrying around to get all that footage? Probably me thinking too much. I liked it.

VelourSpirit

Some people were saying Viceland actually aired the finale about a month ago. It's weird no-one's really talked about it since though - must be a completely different cut.

alan nagsworth

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FUCKING LINK TO THIS OR WHAT

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 10, 2018, 01:05:56 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE A FUCKING LINK TO THIS OR WHAT

Fraid not. The Reddit subforum seems to be the most likely place for them to turn up first, someone is waiting for them to be available via Canadian Itunes and is promising to upload them the moment they are.

alan nagsworth

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 11, 2018, 11:30:10 AM
this is a total piss take

According to the official twitter account the itunes release has been delayed by a week. No idea why, the whole thing's all a bit of a gigantic mess.