Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvanna The Band The Show

Started by Ron Superior, February 14, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango Chimes

The name of this is repellant, and it's associated with 'Vice'. Two strikes. NEVER WATCHING.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: spamwangler on September 13, 2017, 10:43:31 PM
is there any non-nefarious way of watching it in the uk?
It's on Sky's NowTV thing, so no, but it's the only way I could watch NTBTS and Twin Peaks.

spamwangler

Quote from: TwinPeaks on September 14, 2017, 05:40:43 PM
It's on Sky's NowTV thing, so no, but it's the only way I could watch NTBTS and Twin Peaks.

ah well, ill wait tiil ive got some money and pay for this one i think - they seem like a good bunch of lads

Quote from: spamwangler on September 14, 2017, 06:43:35 PM
ah well, ill wait tiil ive got some money and pay for this one i think - they seem like a good bunch of lads

NowTv may do some kind of 14 day free trial thing that might be worth looking into mate. I know i did it for their film service then cancelled before it was up

spamwangler

Quote from: swordfish_bhoona on September 14, 2017, 07:15:04 PM
NowTv may do some kind of 14 day free trial thing that might be worth looking into mate. I know i did it for their film service then cancelled before it was up

ah thats good to know, top man

alan nagsworth

I'm only three episodes into this, but wow! Thank you Ron Superior for mentioning it, it's fucking excellent. It's not often that a show can win me over so quickly, but two minutes into the first episode where Matt does the exaggerated "... brontosaurus" bit from Jurassic Park (with Jay doing the music!), I burst out laughing. Ridiculously funny, and reading those articles/interviews was thrilling and exciting to me. I love that shows like this exist, and that they're so wonderfully on the mark. Cannot wait to watch the rest. Thank you!

pancreas

I am late to the party too, but this is fucking incredible. I am laughing my arse off.

Repeater

Ron Superior

It's a legit channel, it's channel 153 on Sky, not sure what it is on Virgin. They really didn't give it much of a push when it came out, but hopefully they'll repeat it a fair bit, not least because they hardly have any other programming.

The series steps things up nicely from the webseries without losing its spirit.

Ron Superior

I'm so glad people are getting so in to this show, considering Vice have launched a TV channel and this was their first original scripted series I think their promotion of the show has been fucking shameful, especially considering what a great, groundbreaking show it is. Almost nothing promoting it online, and more ads on the actual channel for series 3 repeats of Archer. Hope they step it up around series 2.

Ja'moke

I'm so happy this is coming back so soon, I wasn't expecting Season 2 until next year. Nathan For You back this month, Curb back in October, and then this in November. Perfect.

McQ

Just bumpin' this thread to let people know that one of Matt Johnson's films, Operation Avalanche, has just shown up on Netflix. I watched it this afternoon and it's great!

VelourSpirit

Quote from: McQ on September 29, 2017, 06:17:57 PM
Just bumpin' this thread to let people know that one of Matt Johnson's films, Operation Avalanche, has just shown up on Netflix. I watched it this afternoon and it's great!

Oh brilliant, that's a nice surprise. Suppose I'll rent The Dirties from iTunes or something before I watch this.

Ron Superior

Oh cool! Both The Dirties and this are well worth a watch. Both do an amazing job of really building the tension. The car chase scene in OA is amazingly good in that sense.

Speak

Just watched The Buffet episode. Almost welled up. Magic.

VelourSpirit

https://www.facebook.com/VICELANDca/videos/1545007308908427/?hc_ref=ARTo6NXCpKVVHj7eP-ur2Jxzy-Du7vmQwPQP25ElfjEz3TD7_0MZS8PrHMg-BVhSu4g&fref=gs&dti=6818348203&hc_location=group

October 27th! I'm going to rewatch season 1. I can't get over how quickly they're able to make this when it's one of my favourite comedy series of all time.

Ron Superior

Quote from: TwinPeaks on October 07, 2017, 01:54:53 PM
https://www.facebook.com/VICELANDca/videos/1545007308908427/?hc_ref=ARTo6NXCpKVVHj7eP-ur2Jxzy-Du7vmQwPQP25ElfjEz3TD7_0MZS8PrHMg-BVhSu4g&fref=gs&dti=6818348203&hc_location=group

October 27th! I'm going to rewatch season 1. I can't get over how quickly they're able to make this when it's one of my favourite comedy series of all time.

Ooh, that's earlier than planned! That trailer has got me very excited. Do you know if that date will be in the UK as well?

McQ

This looks incredible. I'm so happy to have it back. This and Nathan For You both on the airwaves at the same time? My cupeth runneth overeth!

ads82

Just wanted to reiterate the praise for this fantastic show! Like Xavier: Renegde Angel, Jon Glaser Loves Gear I'd never of heard of this unless I frequently visited this wonderful forum. Thanks CaBers!

checkoutgirl

Watched this the other day and it's okay. Can't understand the fulsome praise it's getting.

Ja'moke

Rewatched the Home Alone episode the other day and laughed just as much second time around. So many ideas packed into one twenty minute episode.

That's what I love about this show, how it packs so much in and suddenly takes a direction you weren't expecting. Reading about the production process is fascinating, how the story is constantly changing based on things that happen while out filming. The freedom they have with reshoots and some brilliant fair use loophole really allows the show to go in so many different directions.

selectivememory

Been catching up with this in the last week. Absolutely love it (they're both adorable in their own way), and just watched the "Buffet" episode which was really wonderful.

Not been able to find any trace of the web series (though maybe haven't looked hard enough). It seems the youtube versions were taken down because of copyright issues. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be really appreciated.

Ron Superior

The web series is regularly uploaded to YouTube, but yes it does seem to come down usually.

I'll message you with a link to it if I can find it later.

selectivememory

Quote from: Ron Superior on October 19, 2017, 06:43:54 AM
The web series is regularly uploaded to YouTube, but yes it does seem to come down usually.

I'll message you with a link to it if I can find it later.

Thanks, appreciate it. Don't worry about it now though, as some kind poster has already managed to help me out.

selectivememory

The "Bank" episode was deliriously funny. It put me in mind of Delocated at its best. Just the way in which this reckless, impulsive character just escalates the situation in absurd ways.

alan nagsworth

I just got back from two weeks in California with my best friend. We came back to our Airbnb place drunk and watched the buffet episode twice in a row and cried our eyes out both times. Absolutely fucking sublime writing, seriously just nothing short of incredible.

VelourSpirit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ntbts/permalink/10154817800513204/
There's talk on the Facebook group page that the show isn't going to be airing outside of Canada anymore. I don't understand that at all. Really hope they sort something out.

McQ

Quote from: TwinPeaks on October 20, 2017, 12:08:14 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ntbts/permalink/10154817800513204/
There's talk on the Facebook group page that the show isn't going to be airing outside of Canada anymore. I don't understand that at all. Really hope they sort something out.

Could you copy and paste (or give me the jist), please? I don't have a Facebook account and that page isn't public.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: McQ on October 20, 2017, 12:20:09 PM
Could you copy and paste (or give me the jist), please? I don't have a Facebook account and that page isn't public.

https://twitter.com/Is_This_A_Tweet/status/921149249512861696
The editor of NTBTS said in this tweet that there's no plan to air in the US, so maybe there's still hope for the UK but I'm not sure. It's still worrying that Viceland seem to have no faith in it reaching American audiences.

McQ

This is like the North American version of the BBC not wanting to show Limmy's Show outside of Scotland for fear that people wouldn't understand it. I don't understand the thinking!