Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvanna The Band The Show

Started by Ron Superior, February 14, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

Where are you getting this? I've looked in the usual places but nothing. Are you using fake addresses to say you're in Canadaland?

selectivememory

Quote from: SteveDave on October 30, 2017, 10:18:20 PM
Where are you getting this? I've looked in the usual places but nothing. Are you using fake addresses to say you're in Canadaland?

Yeah, I had no problems watching this on YouTube (link here) using the VPN on the Opera browser.

alan nagsworth

If you're really struggling to find this, join the Facebook group. There's a guy on there who has, in one of the threads of people asking where to watch it outside of Canada, linked his Google Drive which has every episode in HQ, plus the films and the original web series.

Anyway, that new episode eh! Excellent stuff. I don't mind at all that they went away from doing public prank stuff to having a total off-the-wall Halloween special. They're both such adorable guys that seeing them arse about the house together was wonderful in itself. The Art Attack parody, complete with Jay doing the big thumbs up at the camera, how incredibly inspired was that? And really is anyone outside of the UK gonna get that? So fucking great to see so many Americans scratching their heads instead of British people not knowing a US reference. And these American (well, Canadian) guys are the ones doing it.

"This is a pretty fucked up situation, in, uh... in many regards!"

Delightful stuff. I've slowly been getting my girlfriend and my friends into it and I've had no complaints so far. This is definitely up there with stuff like Delocated and Nathan For You, not just in terms of creativity but also because it needs to have its name sung from the fucking rooftops and witneesed by everyone, everywhere.

Ron Superior

Also, hadn't seen this before, it's the movie Operation Avalanche from the Sundance episode:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFg_zxgvxahTUJrc0lIQ01ZWTQ/view

Repeater

I really like this show and can't wait to rewatch them, watch the web shorts and the new stuff. Beautiful stuff. What's the Ben Folds song at the end, Army is it?

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Repeater on November 02, 2017, 08:48:17 AM
I really like this show and can't wait to rewatch them, watch the web shorts and the new stuff. Beautiful stuff. What's the Ben Folds song at the end, Army is it?

It is. In an interview when chatting about how they get away with fair use of copyright material for free, they're asked if that's also the case with this song. They said that actually Ben Folds gave them permission and is due to make an appearance in season two. Exciting!

Repeater

Aye just read those interviews. tbh im no arsed about their creative process and the editing stories and blah fuckin blah. The show is funny and touching, that'll do me.

VelourSpirit

Quote from: Ron Superior on November 02, 2017, 12:18:04 AM
Also, hadn't seen this before, it's the movie Operation Avalanche from the Sundance episode:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFg_zxgvxahTUJrc0lIQ01ZWTQ/view

That was great. The nature of this show just leads to an endless amount of extras. I hope in a few years that there's a big blu ray collection of absolutely everything they've done for NTB.

Ja'moke

Last night's episode felt like a season finale. Perhaps it was, they seem to be airing the episodes out of order.

Ron Superior

I've not been able to find it anywhere. Are you in Canada? If not, what's your secret?

Ja'moke

I use that Google Drive in the Facebook group, although it is now asking to request access. Looks like I just managed to nab it at the right time.

VelourSpirit

Another great episode. Doesn't Jay have the cutest smile?

Repeater

Ja'moke

The show's cinematographer Jared Raab posted in the Facebook Group about the episodes airing out of order:

QuoteA few people noticed that the chapter titles for episodes going to air in Canada seem out of order. You're correct! For mysterious (though don't read too much into it) reasons the episodes will be airing in the following order on Viceland/CityTV:

Last week - 204 - 📕 The Book
This week - 203 - 🥘 The Buddy
Next week- 202 - 🎮 The Boost
Then, 🎉 205, 💾 206, 🚇 207, 🏙️ 208 and 🍔 201 in that order.

Don't worry, anything with a serialized story-line (spoiler!) will still screen in sequence and when the show hits streaming services, the episodes will appear in the proper order.

SteveDave

I was a bit underwhelmed by the Halloween episode apart from the Art Attack and how good the miniaturisation of Jay was. 

Repeater

Let me talk about the beautiful moments in this show. I love them. Obviously watched The Buffet recently, and The Bank. The Buffet... man. That... these guys are brilliant actors. The last look from Matt as the fireworks go off. Amazing.

SteveDave

I've joined the Facebook group and got a link to download episode 2 from a Google Drive thing.

These first two haven't grabbed me as much as the first series. The stories haven't been as weird and complete. If that makes sense?

Ja'moke

I've enjoyed them both, especially last week's, but yeah, the plots haven't quite so complex in a "how the fuck did they achieve that?" kind of way.

VelourSpirit

I was thinking that too, but they might have planned to open with one of those kinds of episodes before the schedule got shuffled around, since we've only actually seen episodes 3 and 4. The Halloween episode was unique anyway and surprising in a different way, so we've only really had one normal episode to go on.

Repeater

VelourSpirit

"Jay's gonna go through the game learning his GLITCHES AND HACKS" had me laughing so hard
also I can't find the rival1 podcast anywhere, is it real? Did they really film Matt buying speed?

alan nagsworth

Okay so I'm losing my shit because I can't find this stuff anywhere now. The Google Drive thing seems to be knackered, and it's not on any reliable torrent sites. Does anyone have a decent hook up? I'm seriously too poor to pay for it on iTunes or whatever.

Ja'moke

Fantastic episode. I'm also struggling to find a Rival1 podcast, so that must have all been made up for the show. But it seemed to be a genuine Goldeneye tournament? So what was the real prize?

Loved the call back to the coffee episode too. "No we tried that before. That sends you to sleep."

Repeater

anyone hook me up with the web episodes?

Ja'moke

kittens

found episode 1 but nothing else. can someone help me

also that ep was great. did they get art attack in canada did they? bit really took me by surprise