Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:22:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I can't believe I saw this at the cinema at the time list

Started by Brundle-Fly, February 18, 2017, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was 4.

EDIT: Also, right suburb wrong planet? How the fuck does that work?

shiftwork2

At the top of my list sits Shopping with Jude Law.  "It's about ram-raiding", the cinema man said, neglecting to add "...and it's rubbish."

Dr Syntax Head

Twilight. Not surprised it got shown at cinema what with it being proper popular and all but can't believe I went to see it[nb]in my defence it was a date, in hindsight it wasn't worth the effort, I had the internet at the time should've stayed home[/nb]

Dr Syntax Head

Quote from: thecuriousorange on February 20, 2017, 08:49:41 PM

My ex-girlfriend made me.

Man I bet it took Herculean effort to get through that. I'd rather spend two hours waiting in a post office queue. I both empathise with and respect your effort

Phil_A

The Green Hornet. I knew it was going to be dogshit from the very first trailer, so I've no idea how I was persuaded to go and see it. I can't think of any film that felt so much like an exercise in wasting time. Just...utterly pointless, on every level.

We also went to see The Three Musketeers(the Paul W.S. Anderson version) but walked out after twenty minutes.

Also The Chronicles Of Riddick, and Riddick. And Babylon A.D. Why have I seen so many Vin Diesel films?

Howj Begg

Urgh, I saw Ace Ventura, Star Trek V, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Jurassic Park 2 and others I have banished from my mind. Wouldn't sit through any of em now.

Dex Sawash

In early 2000s I spent a week at a time every few months in Atlanta for some corporate training, motel was next to a 12 screen  cinema that showed stale movies at $1 each. Would go to 2 most nights and saw a lot of crap. Only one I remember seeing was

It was better than fast and furious if I'm honest.

I also saw a thing with Kevin Costner where he was a cowboy(?) and there was wheat fields.

This was absolutely the best use of weeknights in Atlanta

mobias

The last film I saw at the cinema which I thought was a total waste of cinematic experience was Cloverfield. Any 'found footage' movie is by its very definition best suited to a TV screen. In the case of Cloverfield a TV screen you can easily turn off.

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 21, 2017, 01:08:48 AM

I remember going to see that at the cinema with a girl I really fancied. Dear me, what was I thinking? Getting in her knickers probably.

imitationleather

I saw the worst film ever made, Zero Dark Thirty, at the cinema. I guess that's the only way I would have watched the entire thing. I imagine that with each passing year as the geopolitical situation gets more fucked up its glorification of the foreign policy and tactics of the W. Bush era becomes even more bile-inducing. Particularly terrible is the torturer guy, who they humanise by giving a little pet monkey like he's the Kardashian lawyer dad from Coffee Friends or something.

It must have been responsible for recruiting quite a few people to ISIS.

imitationleather

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 20, 2017, 08:00:54 PM
I feel the need to see this now. It's badly seeded on the pirate bay but hopefully I'll be able to track it down.

The entire film is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqquVn8Ohps

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: mobias on February 21, 2017, 09:00:54 AM

I remember going to see that at the cinema with a girl I really fancied. Dear me, what was I thinking? Getting in her knickers probably.

Funnily enough, this was a date movie for me too. Bet it's dated as hell now.

SteveDave

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 20, 2017, 08:33:49 PM

I made my sister go and see this for her birthday. I was really into wrestling at the time. The Undertaker's in this too. He has a high voice. It was very funny at the time. He's quite big you see. And the high voice was just not what the audience would expect.

Great days.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 20, 2017, 01:57:46 PM
Empire of the Ants and Island of Dr Moreau, both late 70s

I saw loads of those Troy McClure 'rubber suit' monster flicks at the cinema. Land/People that Time Forgot, At the Earth's Core, Warlords of Atlantis.

Wet Blanket

But it is as a result my go-to answer if I'm ever on Pointless and Al Pacino comes up.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 21, 2017, 12:10:14 PM
I saw loads of those Troy McClure 'rubber suit' monster flicks at the cinema. Land/People that Time Forgot, At the Earth's Core, Warlords of Atlantis.

They were great yarns though, but not up there with these two cinema gems of the same era:

This thread doesn't only have to nominate unremarkable or crap films.

Brundle-Fly

Mind you, I remember rushing to the local Classic cinema to see The Humanoid in 1979.

What more could a thirteen-year-old boy want from a new sci-fi movie?

Jaws from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) as a killer automaton!

A robot dog sidekick!

Major Anya from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977) as a sexy space princess!

A Samurai Darth Vader!!!

Evidently, considerably more as this Italian cash-in was pretty dreadful even with all that going for it.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 21, 2017, 12:26:09 PM

I saw this one. Bit disappointing because most of the stop-motion creatures are giant versions of regular animals (and a regular-sized baboon). Loved the 'Minoton' (the golden Minotaur) though, and these guys:

Sugababes have let themselves go etc.

Blumf

Quote from: Gulftastic on February 21, 2017, 04:06:25 PM

Never noticed this before, but wiki makes this sound half decent. Would you recommend?

I hear tell Cerys hates this film, thinks it's a load of old toot she does.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Blumf on February 21, 2017, 05:34:43 PM
Never noticed this before, but wiki makes this sound half decent. Would you recommend?

Well, it's over 30 years since I saw it, so I don't remember much about it. I do remember that we liked it more than The Dark Crystal.

I'm not surprised you missed it. I've never seen it shown on terrestrial or satellite.

billtheburger

shiftwork2