Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Film?

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, February 19, 2017, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So feel free to take this with as much of a pinch of salt as it deserves...

My friends girlfriends friends boyfriend (great start) is working on a Steve McQueen produced Chris Morris project. I have no other information.

I hope it's true.

Bhazor

Don't worry mate, no one was paying attention anyway.

acrow

this is pretty excellent news.

i thought this was a chris morris fan site?

just kidding.

who?

anyway, i look forward to waiting yearsand then enjoying it hopefully.

acrow

oh wait, this was announced a year ago? not a couple of days ago?

why wasn't i paying attention?

i thought i was a chris morris fan?

Sean Ymphs

Further news.

Assuming this is the film in question, James Adomian and Anna Kendrick are in it.

http://wgntv.com/2017/11/17/comedian-james-adomian-stuns-morning-crew-with-impressions/

QuoteAdomian recently just completed filming the yet to be titled Christopher Morris film, where he worked alongside actress Anna Kendrick.

And it was filmed in the Caribbean.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/culture/james-adomian-lacking-in-character-1070071.html

QuoteWhat is next for you?
I'm filming the new Christopher Morris film in the Caribbean this summer.

Shaky

Wow, so it's been filmed already? Great news.

That's about the sum of my insight, there.

Glebe

Fuck's sake, it's already finished filming?! Talk about top secret!

amoral

If this is something Morris 'developed', does that mean he wrote it? I'm hoping it's not just a directing job.

Glebe

Quote from: amoral on November 23, 2017, 03:43:05 AM
If this is something Morris 'developed', does that mean he wrote it? I'm hoping it's not just a directing job.

Be very surprised if that was the case, but who knows?

Michael Cumming said at the Q&A of Oxide Ghosts that I was at that Morris had a new film of his own, I'm pretty sure written as he said he's spent ages on the research etc in the same way he did for Four Lions. He said it's apparently basically finished but will be next year sometime.

Ferris

Quote from: olliebean on November 27, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

WNTL?

Right handed AR variant (HK416 if I'm any judge) held left handed so no access to the forward assist or being able to close the dust cover. Throw an ugly silver after-market fixed stock and it's a no from me.

(I don't know what the acronym means)

amoral

^^
My guess was 'what's not to like'(??). I'm curious where you got that picture, olliebean.

newbridge

Are there any rumours as to what the plot is even about? It takes place in the Caribbean?

olliebean

Quote from: amoral on November 28, 2017, 03:02:02 AM
^^
My guess was 'what's not to like'(??). I'm curious where you got that picture, olliebean.

Originally it was posted on Anna Kendrick's Instagram account, but I got it from the article linked to in the post before mine.

Bhazor

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 28, 2017, 02:46:10 AM
Right handed AR variant (HK416 if I'm any judge) held left handed so no access to the forward assist or being able to close the dust cover. Throw an ugly silver after-market fixed stock and it's a no from me.

(I don't know what the acronym means)

Why is it every picture including a gun seems to be draw out gun experts from nowhere? I mean where are the arboralogists talking about the trees and using that to pin point the exact island it was filmed on? Why do cute animal pictures not attract zoologists to give a detailed break down of the observed behaviour? You don't see it for anything else apart from maybe cars.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just to say wooohoo - bring on the new stuff

amoral

Originally it was posted on Anna Kendrick's Instagram account, but I got it from the article linked to in the post before mine.

Ah yes. Silly me.
The idea of Chris Morris lines being spoken by Anna Kendrick is pretty strange. I mean, I know it won't all be 'born dead through your own arse', but still.

Ferris

Quote from: Bhazor on November 28, 2017, 07:02:18 PM
Why is it every picture including a gun seems to be draw out gun experts from nowhere? I mean where are the arboralogists talking about the trees and using that to pin point the exact island it was filmed on? Why do cute animal pictures not attract zoologists to give a detailed break down of the observed behaviour? You don't see it for anything else apart from maybe cars.

I thought it was funny to fixate on a prop in a photo, instead of rest the image and the broader context of the picture to the thread itself. Amusingly trite and self-defeating.

That, and it's being held wrong. That's basic.

Captain Z

High Rates (of crime) Of The Caribbean

Dex Sawash

Quote from: olliebean on November 27, 2017, 07:21:30 PM

WNTL?

Is that a cardboard stand-up? Looks like the ankles need re-enforcement

Thomas

Somebody of the cast or crew must surely browse CaB from time to time. There must be at least one Brass Eye fanatic among the caterers, a Music Show obsessive in the sound department, a lighting technician with a fondness for Nathan Barley.

It is them I ask: what is this film about? Go on, just a hint.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on January 10, 2018, 12:25:20 PM
Somebody of the cast or crew must surely browse CaB from time to time. There must be at least one Brass Eye fanatic among the caterers, a Music Show obsessive in the sound department, a lighting technician with a fondness for Nathan Barley.

It is them I ask: what is this film about? Go on, just a hint.

Oh, ok then - it's Minotaur VIII: Amazeballs

the

Well this went quiet. Has there been any news since January?

Lengthy post-production, or is it sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting for a release date?

Clownbaby

Quote from: the on July 09, 2018, 08:32:45 AM
Well this went quiet. Has there been any news since January?

Lengthy post-production, or is it sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting for a release date?

I've been wondering this. Absolutely zero news since I saw abkut it on Facebook ages ago

asids

It was only filming last year wasn't it? The process between the end of filming and release takes a while. I'd be a bit more concerned if we didn't hear anything by the end of the year.