Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't Starve

Started by BeardFaceMan, February 25, 2017, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Anyone here play this? I'm finding it way too unforgiving, I can't get past 15 days. Seems amazingly complex, loads of things to do and no hand holding whatsoever. No instructions, very few clues, you just get dumped on a landmass and that's it. Anyone have any tips and how to get going?

Chairman Bodog

One of my favourite games of all time. It was free on the first ever plus lineup, along with Resogun, and it quickly consumed me. I managed 200 odd days in vanilla, about 70 in Reign of Giants.

DST is where it's at, skipper. Having a splitscreen knock about with a mate and having a smoke is one of the chillest gaming experiences I can think of. There's nothing quite like the frantic coordination of dry racking enough jerky to see you through snowday.

The wiki is pretty comprehensive. What I will say for beginners is FARM GOLD AND SHIT. They're your biggest tricks to powering through.