Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Request to any Orb fans

Started by TOCMFIC, February 18, 2004, 10:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOCMFIC

My search has been in vain, so this is my last hope.

Does ANYONE here have the Orb's "Blue Room" CD single, the one with the 40 minute mix on it? And if so, could they hook me up with an MP3 of it? Space isn't an issue, I can just give them a login on my FTP server to give it to me (and if I have anything they want, fair play). It's just my beloved CD of this, when my fucking DVD drive died, it MELTED the disk. There's a huge melted spot. Not the actual disk surface, the material UNDERNEATH the surface has melted rendering the disk totally fucked.

I cannot find this version anywhere on the net and was hoping somebody here might have it.

Vermschneid Mehearties

I don't have it but I have a vague feeling my brother does (we're both going to see them in Sheffield in May 8th).

dream4488@hotmail.com

That's really the best I can do.

Geej

Yup.

I've got it.  Ripped it the other week. Give me a minute to find it.

I have loads of weird Orb stuff, rarities etc - got any swapsies?

Geej

edit - OKAY dokey 56,261kB Orb - Blue Room (Full Length) 40minutes - if you want it uploaded PM me your FTP details.

Vermschneid Mehearties

As far as rarities go, I can get

-Pomme Fritz

-Deleth of Elphame E.P

-A rare B-side called 'On The Run'

-The current album Bicycles & Triciycles JAPANESE edition. With 'Now Here' on. An exclusive track.

-The tracks 'Yungle' and 'Ralf' which never made it onto Cydonia.

Geej

Super nice.

Unfortunately my work FTP access has just been taken off-line The uber-geek has come in with a new router so it should be a couple of days - or this afternoon - I'll keep you posted.

As for the rarities I have -

Anthology 1 and 2
Morphology
OObe Adventure companion
Ultra rare tracks
a whole bunch of singles
and 3 more CD's I haven't even ripped yet!

<edit> I now have FTP as I ripped out the old router and shoved the old one back in</edit>

Vermschneid Mehearties

Oh that's smashing.

http://www.theorb.com

A new 12" EP is coming out called 'Kompassion', which should be interesting. It has songs which have been really well received called Masterblaster, and Aftermath.

Seriously, you want to get in touch with my brother. Whilst I'm an Orb fan, he basically buys all the stuff, and I, the whore just rip the stuff onto my PC.

Vermschneid Mehearties

EDIT- Woops. Kompassion is already out. It's Komplott I'm thinking of.

The Orb really piss me off sometimes with the weird way they work.

Uncle Gripper

They are doing a small tour quite soon i believe, deffo playing The Arches in Glasgow, i know that much.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing them in Sheffield on May 8th with my brother.

Rats

I was reading an interview the other day, might be of interest to any of you who don't hate mark e smith enough
Quote"I was talking to the guy who cuts me hair about the orb, and I said, `It just sounds like Steve Hillage to me`, and he goes, `Well, he plays for them`. I said, `Whaaat? Steve Hillage is back? I've fuckin' failed!`"
Ee, he's a wee scamp isn't he?

TOCMFIC

Thanks Geej!

Not sure I have any rare stuff. We'll chat via PM. It's been a while since I listened to much Orb, but found my butchered CD the other day, wept a little in memorial, and decided to try and track it down.

Thanks folks! VW comes up trumps as always.