Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what should i watch tonight?

Started by acrow, March 05, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acrow

i have a few films that i have that i'd quite like to watch.

tell me which one i should watch.

tonight i have limited my choices to

waxwork

belly

work is a four letter word

and

frozen

i have seen none of them. tell me which watch best good.

Replies From View

Any particular reason you won't be watching this?

Custard

Frozen, cos it's got that lovely Let It Go song

mothman

"The star of Free Willy." SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: acrow on March 05, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

Isn't the only available DVD a terrible looking, over-cropped print?

acrow

aye, that sounds like the copy i've got.

Waxwork has a delightfully mental final 15 minutes.

That is the totality of my input.

acrow

as your input was the only SERIOUS response to the question, i just watched waxwork. so thanks.

pretty shite. bit alright. werewolf crushed some heads.

please see my updated list of potential films to watch below and tell me which goodbewatch.

Quote from: acrow on March 05, 2017, 12:36:04 PM
belly

frozen

waxwork 2: lost in time

Small Man Big Horse

Haven't seen any of them, but surely you've got to give Cilla a shot. It'll probably be terrible, but you'll know after fifteen minutes and can turn it off it's shite.

acrow

well unless anyone has a better reccomendation than CILLA then i know what i'll be watching tonight

but before that i'm going to go see something at the £4 cinema. whatever's on

Enrico Palazzo

Frozen is both fun and horrible. Well worth a watch.

Norton Canes

Is that supposed to be Cilla Black and David Warner sat on the table?

We need a 'Poorest likeness of cartoon caricatures in posters from films of the 60's and 780's' thread.

Small Man Big Horse

Apparently it's the reason Johnny Marr left The Smiths:

QuoteJohnny Marr has stated in interviews that one of the main impetuses for his leaving The Smiths was Morrisey's insistence on covering the titular theme song to this movie. There is a famous quote published in a 1992 issue of "Record Collector" where Marr disdainfully said "'Work Is A Four Letter Word' I hated. That was the last straw, really. I didn't form a group to perform Cilla Black songs. That was it, really. I made a decision that I was going to get away on holiday. The only place I could think of was L.A. L.A. was the only place I knew where there'd be sunshine, so off I went. I never saw Morrissey again."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_Is_a_Four-Letter_Word

So for that reason alone you've got to watch it I reckon.

Dr Syntax Head

Watched Frozen the other night. It was very good

acrow

as i've been told that frozen is both very good AND fun and horrible, i'm going to give it a watch tonight.

don't feel bad smbh. i already knew that bout the smiths. that's why i downloaded it fucking years ago. never seen it though. it's still in the running for next time!

as some consolation (or punishment, depending on your opinion), here is the smiths version of work is a four letter word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V8FuBJeOow

acrow

just watched it tonight. it WAS very good and fun and horrible. i quite enjoyed it.

looks like cilla is up next unless anyone has anything to say about the new entry?

will it be

belly

or

or

waxwork 2

or

demonlover

GeeWhiz

Oh! Demonlover. Smart little flick, that. I remember it being really good, but then I was an undergrad at the time and thought the same of apple vodka, Stooges bootlegs and German army jackets.