Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lethal Weapon (TV series)

Started by Shit Good Nose, March 05, 2017, 09:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

So it's started on ITV then.  Thoughts?

I'm a fan of the film series (yes, even 3 and 4), but not so precious about it that the announcement of a TV series make me shit in my shoes.

Anyway, obviously it's only the pilot, but early reviews are mostly positive and the Americans fucking love it.

Quite enjoyed it.  Like that it seems to be generally aiming more for the lighter hearted comedy aspect without going full Brooklyn 99 (which I still love), and the new Riggs and Murtaugh definitely have chemistry.

Mind you - directed by McG.  No Danny Glover going "eh eh HEY RIIIIIIIGGS!!!!!"

Also incredibly frightening that Damon Wayans is older than Danny Glover was in the first film.  By 15 fucking years.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 05, 2017, 09:20:59 PM
Also incredibly frightening that Damon Wayans is older than Danny Glover was in the first film.  By 15 fucking years.

That really is an amazing bit of casting, he was only 40 whilst shooting the film but I had no idea and was easily convinced he was in his fifties.

I haven't checked out the show yet, and I normally sample new US fare, I just presumed it would be okay but a bit bland and predictable. I'll give it a go now though and see if it's worthwhile.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 05, 2017, 09:27:10 PM
I just presumed it would be okay but a bit bland and predictable.

It's certainly not breaking any new ground - it even has regular stylistic nods to the likes of CSI - but it is entertaining enough to not be a total washout.  Okay?  Yep.  Bland?  Nah.  Predictable?  Yeah, probs, a bit.

I'll certainly stick with it for a few episodes yet.

The only real negative and disconnect from the original films is the complete lack of swears.