Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Free Fire (new Ben Wheatley thing)

Started by weekender, March 06, 2017, 07:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekender

QuoteAn arms deal that goes spectacularly and explosively wrong. Justine has brokered a meeting in a deserted warehouse between two Irishmen and a gang led by Vernon and Ord, who are selling them a stash of guns. But when shots are fired during the handover, complete pandemonium ensues, with everyone at the scene suddenly thrust into a heart-stopping game of survival.

Saw a trailer for this today, seemed like it could be promising.  The few brief reviews on Rotten Tomatoes that I've seen seem to keep mentioning Reservoir Dogs as a reference point; they also use the word 'warehouse' a lot, so who knows what is to be inferred from that.  Seems to be getting overall positive reviews though.

Plus it has Michael Smiley in it, who is someone who I have no doubt is lovely - and I do like him as an actor - but I have a completely irrational fear of him.

Dr Syntax Head

Glebe

I started a thread about this already, although to be honest I dunno if I'll get round to seeing it.

weekender

Quote from: Glebe on March 06, 2017, 07:11:31 PM
I started a thread about this already, although to be honest I dunno if I'll get round to seeing it.

My only defense is that I did ctrl+F and I couldn't find your thread on the first page of this 'Movies' sub-forum.

What we need now is a super-hero.

Someone like Barry Admin, who can swoop in and merge these threads together.  Or at least delete this one, I dunno.

Soz.