Author Topic: Nier: Automata  (Read 8337 times)

Consignia

• Deviant
  • Silver Member
  • 저는 사과예요
Re: Nier: Automata
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2020, 09:23:23 AM »
You don't play through the game 3 times, to be fair. You finish the first scenario which is roughly 1/4 of the game. And then you play the second which follows a similar path to the first at times, but it plays completely differently. And then there's the last part which is completely new, and you get all 3 endings by defeating the last boss 3 times rather than playing the entire scenario 3 more times.

I think it is a bit unfair to characterise the game as having to play through x times to get all the endings, because it makes it feel more of a slog than it really is. It can be a slog at times, but for the most part it changes things up so frequently it keeps things moving along.

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2020, 09:27:20 AM »
I just reached a point where battles seemed to be taking ages. I was on easy, and it was manageable  because you could stock up on a fuckton of healing items, but it felt like I'd missed something. I'm sure I'd done some upgrading and stuff, maybe not as much as I should have, but even so it just seemed ridiculous for it to be designed that way. I got the E ending, but goodness me it was an absolute slog by the end.

But yeah, what consignia says is true, it really annoys me that for some reason people who had actually finished it all came out with "You have to play through the game 5 times!" and then that just get's repeated by people who don't know because that's just what they've heard.

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »
I've been just about keeping this game on life support by changing the lead character in Gravity Rush 2 into a 2b skin and driving a customised Niermobile in The Crew 2.  27th ending.

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2020, 01:28:12 AM »
I just reached a point where battles seemed to be taking ages. I was on easy, and it was manageable  because you could stock up on a fuckton of healing items, but it felt like I'd missed something.

If you're anything like me, you probably forgot to hack as much as possible when fighting as 9S. It's kind of designed with that in mind so some battles take much longer if you don't. If you DO do that, especially in the last possible battle to do so, you end up seeing a really cool easter egg of sorts.

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2020, 01:51:48 AM »
This would have been by the time I got to playing as A2 I think

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2020, 08:35:01 AM »
Possibly you needed to focus on offensive upgrades a bit more then, if you don't spend at least a few chips on some decent damage boosters you will probably have a shit time with later bosses yeah. And make sure you're not wasting chips on hacking upgrades when not playing as 9S which I stupidly did quite a lot haha

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
If you're anything like me, you probably forgot to hack as much as possible when fighting as 9S. It's kind of designed with that in mind so some battles take much longer if you don't. If you DO do that, especially in the last possible battle to do so, you end up seeing a really cool easter egg of sorts.

Or you could be a right dunderhead like me and not realise for ages that his hacking games are like twin-stick shooters.  I was just moving without knowing I could also aim.

Tags: Near a Tomato