Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a racist now, JonTron?

Started by Beagle 2, March 15, 2017, 12:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 19, 2017, 02:22:36 PM
He has spakeneth: https://youtu.be/aIFf7qwlnSc
Disappointingly, he's still thick as shit and clearly doesn't understand what he said. Like a lot of people, there's cognitive dissonance going on. He thinks a series of things, but doesn't bother reconciling them with each other.

Twed

He basically said "I'm not very good at saying it, but political correctness has gone mad and I am right. Plz subscribe."

Bhazor

And he's still retweeting Sargon of Accunt.

Nothing was learned, its still the evil liberals ruining everything and all the ridiculous statements and bullshit claims were just the lefty media distortion.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Replies From View on March 18, 2017, 08:36:38 PM
I thought people here loved it when youtubers like pewdiepie and Jontron did a bit of a racism.  "It's like what Chris Morris does, you hypocrites!" they said last time.

It's adorable that this clearly still bothers you.

Jerzy Bondov

So this has been a crazy week. I said some racist things and now *laughs incredulously* people are saying I'm a racist! I wanted to make this video to clear the air. I'm not good at expressing myself, and I was talking about some pretty contentious issues, and it was late at night, so what I said has been *laughs incredulously* wildly misinterpreted. Basically all I was saying is that the white race must fight to the death to preserve its bloodline. *smiling* That's it! *waves hands* Okay? Now, please let's all forget what I said and go back to giving me money. Thanks.

Twed

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on March 20, 2017, 03:26:13 PM
So this has been a crazy week. I said some racist things and now *laughs incredulously* people are saying I'm a racist! I wanted to make this video to clear the air. I'm not good at expressing myself, and I was talking about some pretty contentious issues, and it was late at night, so what I said has been *laughs incredulously* wildly misinterpreted. Basically all I was saying is that the white race must fight to the death to preserve its bloodline. *smiling* That's it! *waves hands* Okay? Now, please let's all forget what I said and go back to giving me money. Thanks.
You forgot to include the bit about how if you complain about racism you're ruining discourse and you're in ter-rubble.

Bonus points for mentioning 'the Laci Green narrative' in that debate stream as if that's an actual thing that is significant in any way. He's so fucking dumb. "I may have said racist things, but the important thing is that I don't think I'm a racist! So if you think the things I said were racist, I agree with whatever charitable interpretation you have of them that lets me off the hook. Speaking of interpretations, I'm now off to fume over a clip of comedian Samantha Bee saying something clearly facetious!"

pigamus

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on March 19, 2017, 04:13:30 PM
Disappointingly, he's still thick as shit and clearly doesn't understand what he said. Like a lot of people, there's cognitive dissonance going on. He thinks a series of things, but doesn't bother reconciling them with each other.

I think it's more a lack of cognitive dissonance that's the problem.

Yes, you're right, I misspoke. The cognitive dissonance incurred while trying to work out his worldview is staggering.

Chairman Bodog

"I'm sorry you feel offended by my so called racism. My dad went to Iran once."

biggytitbo

I can't be a racist, I have a beard and no tashe.

easytarget

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 18, 2017, 08:56:35 PM
Also isn't this guy half Iranian? Stephen King isn't going to consider you part of his 'culture'.
Just to be a massive fucking pedant, the 80s horror master is a solid citizen : https://twitter.com/StephenKing

But Steve, Stevie, Steve-o King is, as the old saying goes, scum.   

Urinal Cake

Yep Steven vs Stephen. I was hoping Steve was the diminuitive of Stephen (and hence it wouldn't matter) but Steven speaks evil where as Stephen speaks of evil.

bushwick

he's got pale, chubby, lank looking fingers, has never done any physical work, bet he has sweaty palms all the time.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Ignatius_S on March 24, 2017, 12:45:03 PM
Rather enjoyed this: http://www.thejimquisition.com/youtubers-say-the-darndest-things

I don't think Richard Gere is a very appropriate comparison though is he? Well in pewdiepies case anyway, since it was a scripted 'gag', the comparison would be more something Richard Gere did in one of his films. Whilst I personally deplore how Richard Gere was a very corrupt cop in Internal Affairs, I don't think it's something worth complaining too much about.

BritishHobo

Given Jon's outspoken love for RareWare and Banjo-Kazooie, that's gotta hurt.

This whole situation is fascinating for showing how racist you can get and still be mindlessly defended. For those following along at home, the current score is you can openly express white supremacist views, not even couching them in euphemisms, you can openly say that immigrants are poisoning the gene pool, and people will still go 'ooh, you can't say anything these days without SJWs calling you a Nazi!'

Next week: Markiplier does a three-day livestream in which he says 'it's okay to stick on white hoods and hang black people, it's just protecting a culture'; fans complain that 'intolerant SJWs will call you a KKK member just for having a different opinion to them!'

Shay Chaise

Another non gaming related topic which dominates gaming news, and attracts far far more attention than any game discussion.

SavageHedgehog

Good news everyone, he's back! And he comes bearing a bombshell; Vanilla Ice's conception of cool hasn't aged well, and his film wasn't very good.

He also explains where he's been. Not in hiding, due to any kind of pariah status, that's for sure.

Both videos seem to have a desperate "please like me" vibe to them, but perhaps that's projecting, and I guess he's not the one watching them on a Saturday night.

Bhazor

Yeah that video was pretty weak and his explanation video comes across as desperate. Shame. We don't hate you Jon, we just want you to make funny videos while not being a mad racist.

Looks like hes run out of interesting games to do as well. I notice he's doing more Telly and Films now. He can even fall back to Lets Plays, as he's been there done that. He should take a look at AVGN and how James Rolfe has managed to have regular content on his channel between episodes of AVGN. With his mini reviews and discussions, coming from a thoughtful, passinate man. Where JohnTron is voids of nothingness followed by 1 or 2 videos that feel lack lustre and lazy in comparison to his earlier work.

Custard

And he's a racist too. Don't forget that he's a racist too

Bhazor

Anyone seen his post rant videos? They've gone to total shit and have really obnoxious advertising and sponsorship.

Twed

Bhazor

Maybe unacknowledged racial prejudice was his Samson's hair?

Twed

He's best without structure. A budget and proper production team was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

Replies From View

I liked his Star Wars Arcade stuff - was that before or after his conversion to Racism?

They seemed to have a decent budget; that's why I was wondering.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Bhazor on December 26, 2017, 11:12:34 PM
Anyone seen his post rant videos? They've gone to total shit and have really obnoxious advertising and sponsorship.

That VR Troopers video was dreadful. Nothing more than obnoxious, point-missing commentary over a campy children's programme, Nostalgia Critic style.

And he does the exact same joke of taping a Virtual Boy to his head as AVGN, even down to leaving the roll hanging.

bgmnts

Lots of these youtubers seem to be quite vapid, thick twats who just play video games and know about geeky stuff and talk to a camera making bottom of the barrel meme and pop culture jokes. Not really surprised.

Except James Rolfe. Genuinely comes across as a talented, passionate, nice bloke.