Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amazon Underground

Started by bushwick, March 22, 2017, 01:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwick

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000854643

Anyone seen this? Discovered it on the amazon app the other day - full games, all free, and if there's in game microtransactions they're free too. Works on some sorta streaming royalty model for the developers I think. Only one unintrusive amazon ad when game opens that you can close straight away.

Not a massive catalogue yet but some good stuff there already like Star Wars KOTOR, Badland, Sorcery!, Hitman Go, Sonic CD, Monument Valley etc.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: bushwick on March 22, 2017, 01:50:31 PM... full games, all free, and if there's in game microtransactions they're free too. Works on some sorta streaming royalty model for the developers I think. Only one unintrusive amazon ad when game opens that you can close straight away...

Yeah, developers are paid according how much time is spent on their app. The payment rate isn't generous.

As with many services that don't have a monetary upfront cost to users, this one gathers users data – there's no such thing as a free lunch game.

I thought it sounded great but then I saw app privileges. Seems a bit excessive, even for a free download