Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I miss the bombd shelter. And my old colour scheme.

Started by no_offenc, February 02, 2004, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_offenc

I'll live tho.

Like the board.  It works.  It's like, new and things.

THUMBS UP, NEIL!!!

Neil

I'll add more themes sloowly, I do fancy doing a black and silvery one even though black is very cliched for a website.

Purple Tentacle

Personally I like black because it's more inconspicious across an office than bright blue.

Nazi Nigella likes black too.

terminallyrelaxed

One more vote for black and silvery over here. In fact any old thing, theres just something about this blue makes me uneasy...
Black and anything is pretty good actually - if you're not worried about looking too retro you could have green on black - even ASCII! No seriously though, I like the darker backgrounds for reading....

terminallyrelaxed

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Personally I like black because it's more inconspicious across an office than bright blue.

Thats another point, although now we're back and the domain names the same it won't matter to me. Yes the heady delight of chatting to you all via the Shelter during office hours will now fade to distant memory....

Frinky

A third vote for silvery blacks, I need a nice DeLorean-esque theme!

I was also very fond of that old Mac-style one, SubIce? Was that what it was called? I kept meaning to offer to do some appropriate graphics for it.

blue jammer

Ummm my memory is shit, but I'd love the one myself and splat used to use, not sure if it was argen sommat? but it was really light, with red folders, and made it really easy on the eyes, espesh if like me, you'd spent far too long staring at a monitor.

splattermac

it was fiapleblue you gimmer, the Agent blue one was the Argentinean colours.

I hated that temp board, boo rubbish, good old/new CAB, let's see chaos get a foothold in here, lovely structured forums, rules, history.

more starched collars, sit up straight, no speaking

Still Not George

Just as long as it's not 9-point purple on black I care not for the colour scheme.

(I'm not joking about the 9pt Purple on Black scheme either  - I've given myself at least 1 headache trying to read one of my friends' websites. Serves me right for being friends with goths, I supposeth.)

A work safe theme with a less eye catching colour scheme would be a great idea when Neil gets a chance to focus on some of the more trivial aspects of the site.  Is it possible to apply certain rules to themes?  For example put a rule on the work safe theme that doesn't load images that come from external sources.  So you see all the cab site and forum images but not the dodgy pictures people post etc.  That could be a life/job saver.