Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Would it be legal to start a company that ran campaigns of intense negative feedback about dirty corporate lifestyle shit that passes itself off as public interest news? I think that's work I could be really passionate about.

Twed

Quote from: paruses on April 01, 2019, 04:15:38 PM
What's that? What is she doing? This is an honest question because I don't  understand how her super life (it might not be cf. Amanda Knox) is more or less authentic than my life sitting here looking out the window (although I can see an aeroplane being fixed which is a bit exciting).
I'm just going to assume that it involves buying folksy-looking products, taking staged photos of them with lots of depth of field and then putting them on a blog with lots of Amazon affiliate links.

Twed

https://www.emilykaystoker.com/

QuoteHELPING BUSINESSES TO TELL THEIR STORY

THROUGH ONLINE VIDEO STRATEGY & PRODUCTION.

That is the least authentic thing I can conceive of. "Helping companies lie to you"

paruses

A low level tracking shot of someone walking with Snap's The Power playing OR slow-mo with Yello's Oh Yeah playing is what impresses people in videos. Everything else is a waste of time.

petril

not sure about legal, but morally a lot of people would be sympathetic and go after your critics for just doing your job. as long as it's in your job description, you'll be defended

idunnosomename

Quote from: Twed on April 01, 2019, 04:22:07 PM

haha christ

interesting as well the "bad things" are attacks in Paris, Manchester not like people in India or anything COME ON TEEHEEE SPREAD A WIDDLE BIT OF UNICONRN DUST (and hit that like button, subscribe and check out my patreon)

Twed

Quote from: petrilTanaka on April 01, 2019, 04:48:59 PM
not sure about legal, but morally a lot of people would be sympathetic and go after your critics for just doing your job. as long as it's in your job description, you'll be defended
I feel like I'm stumbling across my true purpose in life. My Liam Neeson "particular set of skills" is intense cynicism coupled with an obsessive sense of justice. I will dismantle the insincere guerilla marketing industry, get very sued and have a heart attack at 43. This is perfect.

Twed

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 01, 2019, 04:53:03 PM(and hit that like button, subscribe and check out my patreon)
If it were likes and Patreon that would be much better than the reality of this, because there would at least be a genuine movement of fans behind it instead of a lot of marketing money.

Twed

If anybody wants to sign up to my anti-marketing movement/suicide cult please contact me and I'll provide you with a mailing address and your uniform (tracksuit, unclean).

I think I can be of some assistance. I don't have much to offer in life, but I certainly know how ruin other people's fun. I can infiltrate their operations and poison the atmosphere with negative vibes.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: paruses on April 01, 2019, 04:15:38 PM

"Emily [Stoker] is a content creator froShe currently lives in Italy where she is pursuing her dream of leading an intentional, authentic lifestyle."

Is she the lady with the handbag full of placenta from a while back? They had a stated goal something like that.

chveik

I'd like to be involved in your death squad Twed please.

Twed

Excellent, we're going to make so many people feel sad.

touchingcloth

Isn't it time we just reset the internet? Take it back to 1988 or so and build it up again but better AND less shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on April 01, 2019, 05:05:33 PM
If anybody wants to sign up to my anti-marketing movement/suicide cult please contact me and I'll provide you with a mailing address and your uniform (tracksuit, unclean).

Signed up and donated some acorns. loving your content...

I work alone, though

Pancake

I hope they all get tea AIDS

Pancake

Quote from: Twed on April 01, 2019, 04:11:13 PM
Happy Tee-Hee News For Super Special Kindness Children: June 2019 Edition

"A dog has put on a hat!"
"Jeremy Corbyn has been killed!"
"I drank tea in an oversized jumper with my legs crossed holding the mug with both hands and the media team just happened to catch it on camera!"

Twitter bio:

Drinker of tea, lover of jumpers, pug mama

St_Eddie

I wonder if they'd all like to share a teepee.  As in some tea that I've peed in.

Icehaven

For reasons I'm sure don't need too much explanation I've recently had to use Hermes (the couriers) online chat help service a few times, which always starts the same way with automated messages asking for a few details like your name, postcode etc. before you get to talk to a real person (at least I think they are anyway...) but the automated messages are very clumsily designed to try and sound like a person, so it's all ''can you do me favour and tell me your first name?'' and ''Hmmm, I didn't catch that, could you try it again for me?'' and so on. The cloying tone is annoying enough but the way it's exactly the same every time is not only a birrova giveaway but also extremely misguided given 99.99% of people using it more than once are probably already royally f****d off because of whatever balls up Hermes have made that's necessitated them getting in touch at least twice in the first place, so having to plough through excruciatingly repetetive robot smalltalk is only going to increase the chance of them bursting a metaphoric blood vessel at whatever unfortunate human they're eventually allowed to speak to.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pancake on April 02, 2019, 11:27:47 AM
I hope they all get tea AIDS

They all look the same don't they. The guy in the cheapo sunglasses and the girl with the lippy and flowers in the hair, look exactly like all the other "individualist creatives"

Twed

It must be horrible being so conventionally, presentably attractive like somebody from a poster that you're devoid of sexuality. Imagine that. Imagine being the Coldplay of sex.

kittens

it's actually pretty great

idunnosomename

why aren't any of them drinking anything that looks like tea. TWO of them have a fucking wine glass

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 02, 2019, 06:21:36 PM
why aren't any of them drinking anything that looks like tea. TWO of them have a fucking wine glass

Tea Mocktails

They all believe they are the cutting edge of the zeitgeist.

Quote from: Twed on April 01, 2019, 04:25:49 PM
https://www.emilykaystoker.com/

That is the least authentic thing I can conceive of. "Helping companies lie to you"

Everything has to be a fucking story these days.  That or a "user journey".  Journey my ass.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on April 02, 2019, 06:38:48 PM
Everything has to be a fucking story these days.  That or a "user journey".  Journey my ass.

If you are not on a journey, you are nothing.

I blame this type of marketing (which seeps into all aspects of our lives - workplace attitude, lifestyle choices, interaction with friends), for mental health problems.

Sebastian Cobb

The best part of a journey is arriving and sitting down, every aspect of my life is geared directly or indirectly towards that.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 02, 2019, 07:16:25 PM
If you are not on a journey, you are nothing.

I blame this type of marketing (which seeps into all aspects of our lives - workplace attitude, lifestyle choices, interaction with friends), for mental health problems.

Absolutely. One of Adam Curtis's docs covered the roots of all of this in the US when Marking types were sold on Freud's theories and basically came up with modern  consumer culture that depends on feeding discontent amongst the populace.