Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:33:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: jamiefairlie on April 02, 2019, 08:29:53 PM
Absolutely. One of Adam Curtis's docs covered the roots of all of this in the US when Marking types were sold on Freud's theories and basically came up with modern  consumer culture that depends on feeding discontent amongst the populace.

"But this was a fantasy.."

Queue old women dancing in the 1950s.

Burial track plays.

flotemysost

Encountered these in the snack aisle today:

Mate.

Zetetic

flotemysost

Haha, fair play. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the snack out of thine own gob.

Twed

I wonder if they sell them in airports.

imitationleather

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on April 02, 2019, 08:58:47 PM
"But this was a fantasy.."

Queue old women dancing in the 1950s.

Burial track plays.

And then something happened which no one expected.

seepage

Trunk Networks has launched an ISP called 'L33tline' (Leetline)

Blumf

Quote from: seepage on May 07, 2019, 03:45:17 PM
Trunk Networks has launched an ISP called 'L33tline' (Leetline)

And, presumably, a time machine to the late-90s

bgmnts

Quote from: paruses on April 01, 2019, 04:33:43 PM
A low level tracking shot of someone walking with Snap's The Power playing OR slow-mo with Yello's Oh Yeah playing is what impresses people in videos. Everything else is a waste of time.

Day Bow Bow is one of the best songs ever made and i'll not have a bad word against it. It should be used in every single advert ever because its so sexy sounding and makes things look sexy because of the sexy music.

Norton Canes

The phrase 'best bits'. The word 'highlights' exists so we don't have to act like we're asking a toddler which parts of their cake they're going to eat.

Icehaven

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 13, 2019, 03:30:22 PM
The phrase 'best bits'. The word 'highlights' exists so we don't have to act like we're asking a toddler which parts of their cake they're going to eat.

We have Big Brother (the TV show, not the hero of 1984) to thank for that I think. That's what they called the montage of a freshly evicted contestant's, er, highlights that they'd play after Davina McCall had interviewed them, and it's kind of stuck around.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 13, 2019, 03:30:22 PM

"The highlights of this cake are the cream and the jam more so than the sponge". Doesn't work. For cunts.

Sebastian Cobb

"I always save the highlight to last"

*rams yorkshire pudding in gob*

Sebastian Cobb

Not sure if it's exactly infantile but nevertheless it can GET TO FUCK.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 04, 2019, 10:35:10 AM

Literally never used this phrase before, but FUCKING GRAVE

Chollis

Guava IPA with Citra, Cascade and Warrior! My favourite!

Ferris

Quote from: Chollis on July 04, 2019, 10:39:09 AM
Guava IPA with Citra, Cascade and Warrior! My favourite!

Warrior being a high alpha, low beta hop used for bittering only and contributing essentially fuck all flavour or aroma to the beer. It could be magnum and it wouldn't make a difference. Presumably the citra/cascade combination (what is this, 2012?) are used at the business end of the boil or hop standing/dry hopping. Using a bittering hop in an American IPA is a bit 2012 and all, it's all about the theoretical 0 IBU hopstand beer with the hopback stage these days, grandad.

Adding "warrior" to the label just shows you haven't a scooby what you are doing re: beermaking. Presumably it was done by marketing people which only irritates me further. An additional reason not to buy this, from your friendly neighbourhood CaB beer twat.

Edit: missing a word. Idiot. Tired and grumpy.

Danger Man

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 04, 2019, 10:35:10 AM

You dodged a bullet by not seeing....

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Shut Up, Meg
I'll Have What She's Having
Santa! I Know Him!
New Phone Who Dis?
Pics or it didn't happen
I Love Lamp
Ma! The Meatloaf

which isn't a random post from HS Art but more beers from the same company.

Fambo Number Mive

The name of the beer with the red box is a bit problematic isn't it?

Chollis

Very problematic, let's make it go viral and get them cancelled and graved

Norton Canes

The most egregious phrase on that page listing the beers is 'PINEAPPLE HEFEWEIZEN'

the

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 04, 2019, 10:57:07 AMThe name of the beer with the red box is a bit problematic isn't it?

What's the infraction there?

kittens

Quote from: the on July 04, 2019, 11:19:06 AM
What's the infraction there?

you can't put a woman's name on a beer. that's disgusting.

buttgammon

Showing off about my out-of-touchness again, but what does 'Sliding into the DMs' even mean? Is it the Twitter equivalent of telling someone to take it outside?

Those beers sound absolutely disgusting, by the way. I'm sure they're as awful as the names suggest.

phantom_power

Quote from: buttgammon on July 04, 2019, 11:36:32 AM
Showing off about my out-of-touchness again, but what does 'Sliding into the DMs' even mean? Is it the Twitter equivalent of telling someone to take it outside?

It is when someone takes a public conversation private by DMing someone, usually because you fancy them

Ferris

Quote from: phantom_power on July 04, 2019, 12:12:38 PM
It is when someone takes a public conversation private by DMing someone, usually because you fancy them

That is certainly the only reason I get DMs on CaB

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: kittens on July 04, 2019, 11:35:19 AM
you can't put a woman's name on a beer. that's disgusting.

It's that saying "What flavour would you like?" and then replying with the name of that particular beer seems a bit tasteless to me. Perhaps problematic is the wrong word.

Konki

"What flavour beer would you like?"

"Beer flavour please"