Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Thought DMs meant Doctor Martens. What a lovely taste.

the

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 04, 2019, 12:18:16 PMIt's that saying "What flavour would you like?" and then replying with the name of that particular beer seems a bit tasteless to me. Perhaps problematic is the wrong word.

It's not "Stacey's Mom flavour beer" is it though, in the same way that the other one isn't "Sliding Into The DMs flavour beer" (whatever the fuck that would taste like). They're just the (shit) names of the varieties. (And it's named after a song.)

Bently Sheds

When I don't look directly at that brewer's logo it turns into a swastika.

the

It's a barrel with a bottle in the negative space, stylised into an 'e'.

The logo sums the brand up quite beautifully - plugging away hard at being clever but the resultant aesthetic is ugly and stupid.

Quote from: the on July 04, 2019, 11:19:06 AM
What's the infraction there?

Stacy, can I come over after school? (after school)
We can hang around by the pool (hang by the pool)
Did your mom get back from her business trip? (business trip)
Is she there, or is she trying to give me the slip? (give me the slip)

Predatory cougar plys her daughter's underage school friend with alcohol.

the

Konki

Stacy's mom sounds like a successful businesswoman to me, certainly successful enough to own a succulent pool. Any yet here she is being made out to be nothing more than a filthy, randy paedo. Misogyny manifest!

Ferris

There has to be a pun for nonce beer but I lack the mental energy to get the job done

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: the on July 04, 2019, 12:37:12 PM
It's not "Stacey's Mom flavour beer" is it though, in the same way that the other one isn't "Sliding Into The DMs flavour beer" (whatever the fuck that would taste like). They're just the (shit) names of the varieties. (And it's named after a song.)

Ah right, I think I must have misunderstood. I know nothing about beer.

touchingcloth

What is Stacy's Mom a reference to, and why are the DMs sliding? And who the fuck fancies people on the Internet? They're probably a man wanking in a cellar.

Adulting I know, as I think I read a Buzz Feed News article on The Fifty Ways You Know Your Killing This Whole Adulting Thing (Read To End For Free Gryffindor Napkins). When I say "read", I really mean "had mental breakdown resulting in me sending yet another laptop to grave brought on by spotting the title of".

kalowski

With my drinking it's more like "sliding into the DTs" eh, readers?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: kalowski on July 04, 2019, 06:29:08 PM
With my drinking it's more like "sliding into the DTs" eh, readers?

Sounds like you need to go abd get yourself a shake shifter.

mothman

Fucking hate IPAs. Whole lot can be graved immediately.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mothman on July 04, 2019, 07:54:40 PM

They used to be alright before brewdog and craft beer came along and it all tastes and looks like water that's been scooped out of a ditch with hops added to it.

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on July 04, 2019, 07:54:40 PM

They're terrific when done right, and practically undrinkable when done poorly. I think a lot of Johnny-come-latelys have seen the demand and flooded the market with shite ones in garish 330ml cans without really knowing what they are doing (but spending lots on branding which says it all), and I think the exposure to bad ones puts a lot of people off.

I've introduced people with the same mindset to some of cleverly made ones that I really like, and some people have had their minds changed. Some still reckon they're shit so YMMV

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 04, 2019, 07:58:57 PM
They're terrific when done right, and practically undrinkable when done poorly. I think a lot of Johnny-come-latelys have seen the demand and flooded the market with shite ones in garish 330ml cans without really knowing what they are doing (but spending lots on branding which says it all), and I think the exposure to bad ones puts a lot of people off.

I've introduced people with the same mindset to some of cleverly made ones that I really like, and some people have had their minds changed. Some still reckon they're shit so YMMV

You should read my thread about IPAs in garish 330ml cans. A lot of people love them, and I firmly believe there's a special place in grave for each of them.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 04, 2019, 10:17:08 PM
You should read my thread about IPAs in garish 330ml cans. A lot of people love them, and I firmly believe there's a special place in grave for each of them.

I have, and I agree with the main through-point but think there are a number of very good ones out there.

Just reread my post above and you can tell I'm knackered. Missing words all over the place. Shambles.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 04, 2019, 10:18:58 PM
I have, and I agree with the main through-point but think there are a number of very good ones out there.

There are some great ones out there, it's true. Mass and unmarked are two of my favourites.

BritishHobo

This will definitely have been mentioned already, but I had a shit on a Virgin train the other day, which meant I had the pleasure of listening to the comedy voiceover babble on about not flushing weird stuff down the loo. They've definitely extended it since I last squeezed a log into one of Branson's bogs. Doesn't fucking stop talking. It's really weird and off-putting. 'They never told me about this when I applied to be a toilet!' she giggles. I'M TRYING TO HAVE A POO.

Sebastian Cobb

Ya don't get that on Scotrail. I'm sure it's only a bit of curved piping that stops you seeing the railway below you.

@Buzby, are there still trains that dump out on the track?

St_Eddie

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 06, 2019, 11:31:37 PM
This will definitely have been mentioned already, but I had a shit on a Virgin train the other day, which meant I had the pleasure of listening to the comedy voiceover babble on about not flushing weird stuff down the loo. They've definitely extended it since I last squeezed a log into one of Branson's bogs. Doesn't fucking stop talking. It's really weird and off-putting. 'They never told me about this when I applied to be a toilet!' she giggles. I'M TRYING TO HAVE A POO.

That's some grade A Black Mirror desolation, that is.  When a man cannot poo in peace, then what is point in living?

Cerys

Quote from: kittens on July 04, 2019, 11:35:19 AM
you can't put a woman's name on a beer. that's disgusting.

Stella...?

Actually, as you were.  It tastes like earwax.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 07, 2019, 04:01:35 AM
That's some grade A Black Mirror desolation, that is.  When a man cannot poo in peace, then what is point in living?

"For your safety and the safety of other passengers, cameras are installed throughout this cubicle..."

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 06, 2019, 11:31:37 PM

Always wondered if anybody else wanked one off to that lady saying "I'm a toilet" because some people are into that.

Twed

Blumf

https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/1162415878245355520
QuoteLarry the Cat, Esq. @Number10cat
Replying to @ThamesVP

So very sorry to hear about the death of your officer, PC Harper. His loss is felt by all of us who appreciate the work that he and all of his colleagues have carried out to keep us safe.

10:28 AM - 16 Aug 2019

I'm sure PC Harper's family would be pleased to know Downing Street's cat has tweeted it's condolences.

BlodwynPig

Esq? What iz this shyt signifier?

imitationleather

Quote from: Hound Of The Basketballs on July 08, 2019, 09:25:13 AM
Always wondered if anybody else wanked one off to that lady saying "I'm a toilet" because some people are into that.

Mmmm... Yes. You're right. Which routes have Virgin not had taken off them yet?

pigamus

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 18, 2019, 03:55:37 PM
Esq? What iz this shyt signifier?

It's taking the piss out of Jacob Rees-Mogg and his Victorian style guide. Jess Phillips is also doing it, which is a bit rich.