Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 03, 2017, 12:33:07 PM
BBC News now have a roundup of 'happy stories'.

Yeah go on read about some monkey that got saved from a thunderstorm you fucking sheep. There's people living in boxes. Fuck off.

Some people find that a happy story.

[nb]This is the image the government itself uses for displaying May to us. Don't have nightmares[/nb]

jobotic

If you look up something flickr and it can't find it is says "Oh Noes!".

touchingcloth

Quote from: jobotic on April 03, 2017, 01:17:36 PM
If you look up something flickr and it can't find it is says "Oh Noes!".

If you look up something on Bugzilla and it can't find it, it says "ZAROO BOOGS FOUND," which makes me want to kick some cunt's chin off.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: doppelkorn on April 03, 2017, 12:53:56 PM
To drag this back to that workplace pensions monster thing, he specifically does approach people in the park who own small businesses and employ people.

So...that's one thing.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 30, 2017, 01:15:46 PM
I think this fictitious beast approaches self-employed people to remind them that they should get a pension.

doppelkorn

But they're different things.

BlodwynPig

Yeah go on read about some monkey that got saved from a thunderstorm you fucking sheep. There's people living in boxes. Fuck off.

Dog breaks skipping record just above the bomb attack in St Petersburg.

BlodwynPig

doppelkorn

BlodwynPig

Quote from: doppelkorn on April 03, 2017, 01:28:16 PM
But I think he only covers workplace pensions.

Fucking chimera, isn't he

edit: gooo-gooo-gaaa-gaa---gurgle

Blumf

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 03, 2017, 01:19:31 PM
If you look up something on Bugzilla and it can't find it, it says "ZAROO BOOGS FOUND," which makes me want to kick some cunt's chin off.

'Cute' error messages are nothing new.

"Guru Meditation" on the old Amigas (so, late 80's)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Meditation

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blumf on April 03, 2017, 01:47:44 PM
'Cute' error messages are nothing new.

"Guru Meditation" on the old Amigas (so, late 80's)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Meditation

HTTP defines a 418 error code as "I'm a teapot".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper_Text_Coffee_Pot_Control_Protocol

http://www.google.com/teapot

Someone please de-chin these cunts immediately.

Barry Admin

But what about the hooooooomeless.

momatt

Theresa May talking about "jaw-jaw".

Our Prime Minister is a fucking idiot.

MoonDust

Quote from: momatt on April 03, 2017, 03:21:45 PM
Theresa May talking about "jaw-jaw".

Our Prime Minister is a fucking idiot.

It took me three times reading that from two different news stories to realise what the fuck she meant by that.

"Oh, she means talking."

Jaw-jaw in my head implies chewing or eating. If you're going to use part of the human anatomy to mean talking, use the most significant parts that make us speak: lip-lip, tongue-tongue, vocal cord-vocal cord.

Gawd.

Zetetic

It's a moderately famous[nb]Certainly amongst the target demographic.[/nb] quotation from Churchill.

In this use - patronising and hideous, but not exactly infantilising.

MoonDust

I see Churchill as more jowl-jowl.

momatt

So it's not even original bollocks.  It's some bollocks she's nicked off someone else.
Makes it worse if anything.

ASFTSN

This might have been mentioned -  I find this thread almost too depressing to read...but when you create a Tumblr account (or at least when I did for work purposes) and you enter your age as being anything over 30, the suffix changes from 'Years Old' to 'Years Young'.

Blumf

Quote from: ASFTSN on April 03, 2017, 03:37:55 PM
'Years Young'.

Oh that shit can fuck off! Right off!!

"How tall are you?"
"6 foot 1 short"

"How much do you weigh?"
"100Kg light"

Yeah, nobody does that, so cunts can fuck it with the patronising 'years young' bullshit.

touchingcloth

The only people with a valid reason for using "years young" are those going through a Benjamin Button kind of situation as this more accurately reflects their direction of travel through time. Anyone using it who isn't Benjamin Button can go and forcibly insert their head into their mother's vagina and their feet down their father's urethra.

Quote from: Zetetic on April 03, 2017, 03:29:07 PM
It's a moderately famous[nb]Certainly amongst the target demographic.[/nb] quotation from Churchill.

In this use - patronising and hideous, but not exactly infantilising.
But it does at least signal that she's not talking about 'war war.'  Or not yet, anyway.

edit to add: I've got an installation date for "Mr Venty," mentioned a little way back in this thread; 20th April!  Oh, the twee excitement of knowing there's an anthropomorphic electric fan in the ceiling.

touchingcloth

Quote from: sick as a pike on April 03, 2017, 04:08:29 PM
But it does at least signal that she's not talking about 'war war.'  Or not yet, anyway.

edit to add: I've got an installation date for "Mr Venty," mentioned a little way back in this thread; 20th April!  Oh, the twee excitement of knowing there's an anthropomorphic electric fan in the ceiling.

That's Hitler's birthday. I wonder if Eva Braun sarcastically calling Adolf "Mr Venty" had anything to do with him flying off the handle in the way he famously did.

Quincey

The DWP have been inundated with requests for Workplace Pension Monster Toys, according to Altman.

HappyTree

Dr Syntax Head

On a lighter note it seems Innocent smoothie has toned down it's toddler speak. Well I haven't noticed anything that made me wish for a sniper rifle for a while

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on April 03, 2017, 09:32:22 PM
On a lighter note it seems Innocent smoothie has toned down it's toddler speak. Well I haven't noticed anything that made me wish for a sniper rifle for a while

I always thought the branding was at least appropriate for their intended audience, because who likes smushed up fruit and veggies more than a toothless little babba?

We Are Puppets

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 30, 2017, 01:01:15 PM

what a curious little fellow! I'll bet he gets into some hilarious scrapes!

BlodwynPig

QuoteA new baby's arrival impacts a family, told from the point of view of a delightfully unreliable narrator -- a wildly imaginative 7-year-old named Tim. The most unusual Boss Baby (Alec Baldwin) arrives at Tim's home in a taxi, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase. The instant sibling rivalry must soon be put aside when Tim discovers that Boss Baby is actually a spy on a secret mission, and only he can help thwart a dastardly plot that involves an epic battle between puppies and babies.

Rated 18

BlodwynPig

Tobey Maguire doing the voice of the 7 year old.

BlodwynPig

QuoteThe Boss Baby comes to Tim and has him to suck on a pacifier that transports them to Baby Corp, a place where infants with adult-like minds work to preserve infant love everywhere.