Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Infantilisation

Started by touchingcloth, March 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

thank fuck it wasn't a red bounty. imagine!

oh, now that's going to make no sense at all unless you go back a page.

Icehaven

Those people are demented, Bounty is one of the best ones.

the

I tried to start a thread about the most unpopular Celebrations but you cunce weren't having it. My amateur research pointed to Mars and Milky Way.

PS. advertorial news story alert, can very much fuck off

MoonDust

Quote from: Special K on December 02, 2018, 09:41:14 AM

10:58 AM - Dec 1, 2018
One user was so annoyed he flushed the chocolate down the loo in protest.

JackThomson
@JackTho43621978
Whoever decided to put a bounty behind the first door of my advent calendar deserves the sack...

So two things we've learned from infantalised Bounty haters with Celebrations advent calendars:

1) They have no regard for the environment of a polluted and dying planet.
2) They have no regard for workers rights and would seemingly be happy with people getting the sack for no reason.

Reactionaries everywhere. Bet they all voted UKIP.

the

And in no way is it some shite non-story designed to sell more Celebrations over the highly competitive Christmas period

Jockice

Quote from: icehaven on December 02, 2018, 10:19:10 AM
Those people are demented, Bounty is one of the best ones.

THE best one. Second only to Ruffle Bars as the greatest chocolate treat on earth.

magval

Gavin and Stacey made a joke about this too.

I've never heard anyone express dislike for Bounty, which is lovely, in real life, not even once.

Who is behind these attempts to force this into popular culture?

Jockice

Quote from: magval on December 02, 2018, 01:47:12 PM
Gavin and Stacey made a joke about this too.

I've never heard anyone express dislike for Bounty, which is lovely, in real life, not even once.

Who is behind these attempts to force this into popular culture?

That tasteless twat Corden.

Sebastian Cobb

I started reading that bounty thing expecting it to be one of the annual reactionary pieces about winterval/Christmas being banned so as not to upset the Muslims, but no, it managed to be even more pathetic. Well done.

ColinPopshed

Apologies if it's been mentioned, but the advert using childish song cadence to teach the idiots of the country to not mis-use antibiotics. Makes my shit itch.

Icehaven

Quote from: ColinPopshed on December 02, 2018, 03:12:13 PM
Apologies if it's been mentioned, but the advert using childish song cadence to teach the idiots of the country to not mis-use antibiotics. Makes my shit itch.

Ageee it's awful but the funereal organ music at the end is quite amusingly flippant.

king_tubby

It's a fair point. Bounty = THE DEVIL.

Bobtoo

I didn't send in the shit sample the NHS asked me for after I turned 50 in October so they sent me a reminder last week. It said that blood in your poo could be a sign of bowel cancer. Not faeces or stool, poo. They're getting fuck all from me until they can talk like adults.

Ornlu

Honestly, rather that than fucking 'poop'. It's bad enough with all the 'Do You Have Blood in Your PEE?' Thanks Cancer Research UK US.

Bobtoo

Poo is certainly better than poop, but neither is really acceptable from medical professionals writing to a 50 year old man.

the

Quote from: the on December 02, 2018, 11:15:16 AMAnd in no way is it some shite non-story designed to sell more Celebrations over the highly competitive Christmas period

And in the supermarket this morning, an enormous tower of Celebrations calendars being heavily promoted in the self-service queueing area. Some dates still available, ah-ha-haa.

Chollis

I'm assuming the NHS antibiotics advert has been discussed

Blumf

The countdown sign is back up in Asda : "19 Sleeps till Xmas!"

kalowski

Quote from: Blumf on December 03, 2018, 04:07:38 PM
Not for insomniacs.

petril

Quote from: Blumf on December 03, 2018, 04:07:38 PM

what day are they hanging Wayne?

Icehaven

Quote from: Chollis on December 03, 2018, 03:57:51 PM
I'm assuming the NHS antibiotics advert has been discussed

Yep but only 6 sleeps posts above.

Neville Chamberlain

Adult playfighting.

Took my son, as I do every Saturday morning, to a kids sports class down at the local martial arts centre. There's not usually any class on after this, but this time, a load of people started turning up. I assumed it was some kind of martial arts event that was due to start after the kids sports class, but no - as it turned out, they'd all turned up for an adult playfighting class. Apparently, it serves any purpose from finding your inner child to actual marriage counselling and what-not. Sounds like a load of old bollocks to me.

the

Do they arrange for some women to be in the vicinity, thus forming the only reason twats playfight anyway*

*Apart from homoerotic reasons

Neville Chamberlain

It was all (mainly hetero) couples, as far as I could tell...

yesitsme

My mate's a karate teacher, he sometimes refs at competitions.  Last one he did there was a husband and wife knocking shite out of each other.

That's one way to do it I suppose.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on December 04, 2018, 08:49:05 AM
Adult playfighting.

Took my son, as I do every Saturday morning, to a kids sports class down at the local martial arts centre. There's not usually any class on after this, but this time, a load of people started turning up. I assumed it was some kind of martial arts event that was due to start after the kids sports class, but no - as it turned out, they'd all turned up for an adult playfighting class

What? Playfighting, as in, just turn up and... what, bundle other people? Actually hit them? How violent is it allowed to get? What are the rules? There are rules..? 

the

And what if it gets a bit spanky

Icehaven

Playfighting is the very source of the saying 'It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.'' Kittens and puppies and other baby animals do it then grow out of it, human parents tell their small children to stop it, so anyone over the age of about 10 doing it of their own volition should be put in a straightjacket until they learn how to behave.

yesitsme

Quote from: the on December 04, 2018, 09:26:45 AM
And what if it gets a bit spanky

You'd be disappointed if it didn't wouldn't you?

the

I'd be suspicious if it didn't