Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Quote from: Kryton on December 18, 2019, 09:43:51 PM
I don't know anyone who I can do raids with. So I have zero hope of catching the bigguns.

Like Barry says, just turn up somewhere busy at hatch. I was in town on Saturday with some time to kill before the place I wanted to go to for lunch opened, saw a Shinx raid hatching nearby so sat down and whipped the phones out. I was joined immediately by another player, we had a chat - she echoed a lot of stuff from Barry's link, especially as to how PoGo helped her get out of the house and improve her mobility, so much so that she doesn't have to use her wheelchair too much.

Also try yer social media -  my suburb of Leeds has an active raid chat on Facebook messenger, I was out doing a 5* double just now because of that.

canadagoose

Finally managed to beat a leader. It took bloody forever though.

Cloud

Mr CaB you're now on "1 day" for besties (I'm lakes).  Do you want a lucky egg on for when I open, if we arrange a time or something?

Barry Admin

No mate work away, I don't give a shite about XP.

Cloud

OK cheers will just do it at the next 5 star raid then.  Getting dangerously close to 40   (and so's my level in pokemon go)

kittens

big shiny empoleons and two heatrans lads

king_tubby

Safari zone in Liverpool in April.

Also rare candy in gifts for this Lunar event.

kittens

got another ex raid pass for feb 01! is it gonna be regigigas again? i fuckin hope it's mewtwo

kittens

my girlfriend needs 3 more friends for her mission

please add her: 7554 0571 8661

please do not send her any rude gifts

thank you

Barry Admin

She can just delete and re-add you if she wants. Still counts.

king_tubby

Girlfriend, yeah right, just come clean and admit you're dual accounting like the rest of us.

kittens

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 27, 2020, 02:08:01 PM
She can just delete and re-add you if she wants. Still counts.

will we lose our ultra friend status?

Barry Admin

kittens

Barry Admin

No worries, comes in handy. I'd add her but I rarely soon enough stops for gifts at the minute, and always feel guilty when I can't send one back. But if you guys keep sending, I'll keep opening to progress friendship levels.

king_tubby

98% Armoured Mewtoo on the alt just now. Pity it's not as good as normal one for PvE and I don't do PvP.

Bazooka

Has this got all the Sword Shield mon in it yet?

Head Gardener

Cloud

Well been playing since day 1 so am not exactly the fastest, but as of yesterday FIIIIIINALLLY am now level 40!  That was an exciting moment.

Will still give a heads up on friend levels for those who care about building up the "behind the scenes" XP number... personally now that I'm max level I couldn't care less so people can do what they want really... if one day the cap is increased and suddenly x number of people are immediately level 50 then good for them :)

king_tubby

Nice one! Not managed any Darkrai raids this weekend, sadly.

hamfist

Hi I'm new (to this topic !)

I started playing this in February during half term with my 7 year old son who is mad about Pokemon. I had him walk 33km during that week, and we took down all the gyms (well, there were 4) in the village we were staying in. We've still got a Mr Mime in the church gym at Amden, he's been there 19 days now.

I got it for him originally but I bloody love it, always have a go during the day when I'm out at work and travelling around. We're on Level 21 now. He wants to evolve everything, so we don't really manage to accumulate much candy to get second evolutions, and he'll battle with really shit mon "just to let them all have a turn" so yeah. I might start my own account. I had to pick my car up yesterday morning in York, and walked in with both kids just playing on the way and letting them both do stuff. Rowntree park has a lot of stops and gyms, but the place is still under water from the floods so we couldn't go in.

Barry Admin

That's lovely to read <3 yeah get your own account, then you can take down and defend gyms with him, as well as battle tier 1 and 2 raid bosses, eventually carrying him through tier 3. You guys can also pvp battle each other and trade stuff back and forth to try and get better appraisals and lucky pokeys.

king_tubby

What Barry says. And when they get bored you can multiaccount!

Cloud

Quote from: hamfist on March 09, 2020, 08:29:56 AM
he'll battle with really shit mon "just to let them all have a turn"

That just seems really nice (and a fine example of the "treating NPCs like people" thing).  Good egg.

hamfist

Aw thanks you lot ! I have been reading through this whole thread when I have time, just enjoying your stories of discovery and learning little tips. Crazy, all the mad stalker stuff. I'm going to take some time on my way out of the office today to try and join a raid or battle a gym or something before I get the bus.

brat-sampson

Got a Darkrai as a prize encounter for 4 battle wins. Fucker took like 20m and easily 50+ throws to actually catch. Madness.

hamfist

Ooh there's a new Pokestop appeared at the park and ride where I get my usual bus into Leeds. Gives me something to do while I wait... That's the first time I saw a new stop appear in the game. I did a 2* raid alone last night after work, nearly beat the Sableeye but missed it by a cock's hair. My son was happy though as I brought him a Koffing to evolve, loads of field research rewards to claim. Tonight he can evolve a Bellsprout (he loves that one).

king_tubby

Leeds eh? What's your friend code - in the unlikely event we eventually go lucky we could actually do a trade by being within 100m of each other.

hamfist

Quote from: king_tubby on March 10, 2020, 08:19:43 AM
Leeds eh? What's your friend code - in the unlikely event we eventually go lucky we could actually do a trade by being within 100m of each other.

Ja ! - 5270 4124 9724

I'm usually near the station (I work in an office above it when not off travelling around)

king_tubby

Added. I'm in the suburbs though.

There's a pretty active city centre raid chat on Facebook if you fancy doing 5* raids on lunch breaks and that. Join the Leeds PoGo Facebook group and someone will add you.