Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Oh wow, I hope I can get them, sounds like they're not gonna be that popular given this condition:

QuoteWe're in for some legendary battles, and the overall result will be exciting! If Rayquaza is defeated more than Kyogre and Groudon combined, Pokémon that typically prefer windy weather (for example, Bagon) are more likely to hatch from Eggs from March 5 to March 16. If not, Pokémon that prefer sunny or rainy weather (like Trapinch or Lotad) are more likely to hatch

I'm sure there's people like me who still need all three anyway. Hopefully can tick one or two off tomorrow.

Those two are back until the fifth.

kittens: good stuff. And it's nearly spring, sure.

Barry Admin

By the way Hobo, I keep wondering how you manage with space for only 350 pokeys?! Do you not keep a living dex, or only keep normals above a certain IV or what?

Barry Admin

Shiny Dratini live and confirmed!

Im in bed already with a sleeper in me, but just so hype. Need to sleep.

Cloud

I got in a huff with it the other week.  I try my damnedest to get to as many local raids as possible despite them being ~7 miles away and me not being able to go constantly.  And yet again I miss out on an Ex Raid, despite the effort I put in, a) because it was in some obscure place where I'd not be like "oh yeah I'd better jump in the car and dash on through as they're having a raid at $obscure_place" and b) They screwed it up and invited people who've not even raided there before, yet left people like me out!

Honestly I'm still in a mindset of "I'm not paying a penny into this game while they're being like this" (another issue being the lack of revives... no I'm not paying £2 for 6, sod off) so maximum of 2 raids in a day dependent on coins and even that puts me out of commission for a week while I hunt for revives..

Barry Admin

I heard about the screw-up, on the heels of another screw-up. EX Raids and their rollout have always seemed to generate a tremendous amount of ill will.

Anyway no sleep for me :-(  Still trying to go. Good luck on your badges and whatnot folks, get a shiny.

Barry Admin

People are finding multiple shinys. I'm aching already, can only walk very slowly and having to sit and recover for a bit. Getting dem catches though, don't forget your incense.

Barry Admin

Something is really fucked with the shiny system. There were people catching 4 in a row, and ending up with 12 by the end. I didn't get a single one. My mate got one on the way back to the car park, in the last couple of minutes. 

It was great, everyone was really chatty as friendly, saw a couple of really auld dolls playing which was nice. Really took it out of me, but got two Dragonites evolved, and got a Feraligator from a raid. The raid was the biggest I've ever seen, maybe about... 60 or 70 people all standing round. 

No legendaries popped until right at the end of the community day - shame, but wouldn't be surprised if it was deliberate. Don't think I'll be able to get any of these three after all, ah well.

Hobo

Went to Cambridge to meet my brother in law and his girlfriend and they took us to the botanical gardens. You have to pay to get in but it is full of Gyms and Stops. There were loads of people wandering around and playing and two legendary eggs popped during the event. One Groudon and one Kyogre.

Didn't catch either, but the others faired much better. Popped a couple of stars so I've gained some dust to keep and had saved all my pinaps from the last few weeks. Managed to catch about 75 dratinis including 4 shinies, none that'll break 3000 when evolved though.

For ages I was just deleting most pokies, only keeping the highest CP of each. I then started using the calcy IV app on Android to get the IV before deleting or otherwise. I thought it would feel like cheating, but since I've discovered high IVs are so rare I've accepted it as a part of the game.   

king_tubby

I managed an hour in the park whilst exercising the child. First one caught was a shiny! Not very good, but I evolved up to a nice green Dargonite. Got about 20 odd all told, nothing worth evolving.

I didn't realise Nantic were luring parks themselves, as the seven stops in mine lit up on the stroke of ten so unlikely to be spoofers.

Hobo

Ex Raid passes are out.. though they are for the 10th March.

Barry Admin

I know it's mostly the tiredness and pain, but I am just really fed up, and have got more and more pissed off all day. He rang me at 7 and - guess what - has another EX raid pass. I'm happy for him, but of course, there's none for me. And he only did two raids today, a Feraligatr and Wailmer, and I did the former with him.

Boosting the spawn rates of shinys just makes you even more disappointed when you don't get one of them. Then seeing all the other locals and my mate get more EX invites... fuck sake.

king_tubby

If it makes you feel better I've never had an Ex raid pass - is that the one to get a Mewtwo?

Cloud

Didn't know about the shiny event, but timing was off anyway.  Gee another ex raid pass to miss out on, I'm so excited XD

They need to sort that.  We're people who have been singing their praises for so long and end up doing quite the opposite - it tells you something.

bgmnts

Just downloaded it. Will be a good excuse to get out and about for a bit. Do you need an internet connection to play it and use pokestops and all that shite? If so thats wank.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on February 24, 2018, 08:18:31 PM
If it makes you feel better I've never had an Ex raid pass - is that the one to get a Mewtwo?

Yeah, best pokey in the game. Even at a low IV he's still a beast who rips apart gyms.

Boy, I was so, so pissed off and huffy yesterday. I'd only managed to get 50 minutes sleep the night before, and this was a huge effort for me because of the pain I'm in, and I really thought I would finally get a shiny.

So I didn't even pay much notice to my Dragonites! I had a smoke with a neighbour last night which lifted my mood, and then I checked em out. Didn't even realise I now had one that broke the 3000cp barrier, which is an 82 IV Dratini I caught yesterday.

I also hatched a Dratini back in October and evolved him to a Dragonair. Put him through the last stage yesterday, and he's now an 89 Dragonite, although needs powered up more, whereas the 82 was almost fully powered up.

One of them had Steel Wing as his fast move, so I used the TM I got yesterday and now they both have Dragon Tail/Draco Meteor. Had hoped to have enough candy to evolve a third outside of the event so he gets Outrage, but I couldn't walk around enough.

Barry Admin

Quote from: bgmnts on February 24, 2018, 11:20:24 PM
Just downloaded it. Will be a good excuse to get out and about for a bit. Do you need an internet connection to play it and use pokestops and all that shite? If so thats wank.

Yeah. I pay £10 a month for 1GB and unlimited minutes and that covers it. It's pretty conservative with data use. Let us know how you get on.

If you haven't picked a starter yet, if you keep walking away from them, you will be offered Pikachu instead.

Barry Admin

Pikachu with a party hat on my nearby.

QuoteA new event has been announced for Pokémon GO. To coincide with the 22nd anniversary of Pokémon, a Pikachu with a special hat will begin appearing in the game to capture. This Pikachu comes with a special purple striped party hat, the same one as last year, but unlike last year's one will come with the move Present, a move Pikachu does not normally have. It also gives triple Stardust upon capture. This Pikachu will be appearing until February 28th at 21:00 UTC.

Got a lift to the local gyms today but they were holding onto them for dear life, and kicked me out of the one I got an hour ago. Must be worrying about the snow. Golden razzing a Blissey remotely is such a shit part of the game. Why do people have to be such dicks.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I've not quite gotten into gyms and battling - so I'm still only at level 28 - but I managed to get a shiny Dragonite with Draco Meteor at 3169 CP and so felt like showcasing my first Pokemon to break the 3000 CP barrier.

king_tubby

Barry Admin

Congrats Sexton! Gyms are fun, and it's good to get your coins, then you can buy incubators and stuff. These days most people (like me) hoard them and get the special boxes when they go on sale. Then you can get Star Pieces, Super Incubators and Premium Raid Passes and stuff.

tubby: yeah enough with the special Pikachu's now, seriously.

Barry Admin

Got Snow Castform ticked off, yaaaassss. Snow on the map yesterday, but still cause a normal as the weather was cloudy or whatever. It was showing as snow today, so got a lift to a decent, reliable car park nearby, and picked him up immediately. Was over the moon, stuck him straight in the local gym to taunt my mate when he gets off his bus in half an hour :-D

king_tubby

Yeah, I got a snow Castform yesterday.

This is why the Pikachu party hat motherfuckers have pissed me off - we're losing cool ice and steel 'mons (like that little robot bastard that evolves in to a huge walker) cos everything is party hat fucking Pikachu.

Still, did get two of the shiny bastards on the way home from work.

Barry Admin

Very good point. And ahhhh, I forgot about shiny Pikachu, my limited playtime has been spent getting stuff I'm actually interested in.

Regarding that big metal bastard, I have evidently seen a Metang going by my Pokedex, but never knew. Finally finished hatching a 10km egg, though, and his first form popped out (Beldum. Looks like Robocops willy.)

king_tubby

The big metal ones were in a gym near me - I suspect spoofers.

Barry Admin

Well I realised last night that Beldum hatched with 27 candies, and he was a decent IV so I evolved him to Metang last night. Looking forward to seeing his third form, eventually. My mate got his Swablu finished yesterday. Good luck to anyone still looking for snow castform this week; btw don't rely on fog, I mentioned that at the community day and they pointed out it's even rarer than snow ingame.

king_tubby

Ah yeah, 10km eggs are decent for three tier 'mons. Though I'd still rather a Chansey every time.

Hobo

With the weather this last week not been able to get out and play, but today three legendaries popped within minutes of each other so I was able to pop a lucky egg (which covered the first two raids) and as a family of five we took five accounts. First up was a Groudon, then a Ray, neither of which I caught, making it 10 failed raids in a row I've had them run off. Last one was another Groupon. I broke my bad spell.

It also meant I finally made it to level 30!

Groupons attempted 6. Caught 2. He's a difficult bugger, that's a lot of golden Raz wasted. 

king_tubby

The next community event is Bulbasaur.

That does not excite me.

Hobo

king_tubby

Only for catches though, so no lucky egg evo grind.