Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I'm still nowhere near a Venusaur, so it'll do. Well done on level 30 Hobo, now you can pick up fully powered up pokeys I believe, although someone told me it's actually level 31.

Managed to go a wee walk again today, bit further but had to get the bus back. I planned to go raiding today but I was up late, and it was snowing like mad. Hopefully can try and into town tomorrow and find people who still need all 3, like me. Might still be a chance on Monday, don't think they go until the evening.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Can anyone suggest what might have just occurred- as mentioned, I'm new to gym battles, so this may be normal, but it confused me:

After winning a series of battles, I installed a Blissey in the newly conquered gym. This appeared to happen, however, when I returned to the map screen, the gym wasn't my team's colour. I checked and an opposing Blissey was now there instead. There also didn't appear to be anyone nearby who was doing this.

Wha' happen?

Also, why do I need to fight certain gym guardians multiple times, do they have a particular held item/power-up or something?

Barry Admin

You've been sniped. You didn't notice anyone else battling at the same time, or a 2 in the middle of the screen? The winner is meant to get a minute or two grace to put their pokey in before anyone else. I dunno, it's a bit weird and I can only think that someone else was taking down that gym as well.

Pokeys have what's known as motivation when you put them in a gym. This slowly degrades, but can be topped up by feeding berries. Can even be done remotely, a golden razz (raid reward) will bring them back to full motivation, which is very aggravating when you've spent a few minutes taking down a Blissey. I hate this mechanic.

Higher CP pokey will tend to degrade a lot quicker, but even crap like a 1000cp Pidgeot might need battled more than once. It's a million times better than the old system though.

You can also get a badge for feeding 1000 berries. So when you put a guy in a gym, feed him on Nanab to power him up fully, then feed anyone else you can with those useless Nanabs. You'll get 20 stardust each time, and a chance at getting a candy (seen that happen like once, personally.)

Don't be put off, and try doing easy raids if you haven't yet. Tier 1 and 2 are a doddle.

Barry Admin

Dumb question, but your Blissey doesn't have an icon beside him? Doesn't sound like it's glitched out. Might have even been a gps spoofer who sniped you. Maybe if two teams are battling the third team, then it's first come first served? I dunno, very odd.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Cheers for the thorough reply; so much of this stuff is pretty vague in-game.  I've been using up my Nanabs that way; as you say, they're no use elsewhere.

My Blissey now has an icon next to it, but only cos I installed it in another gym, so at least I didn't lose anything.

The motivation degradation is another vague area for me - I've some high level Pokémon that burn through motivation like lighting, but my Dragonite seems to plateau at around the 600 mark and can last for 26 hour periods.

Barry Admin

Nae bother, gyms are great fun, stick with them. Sometimes other people feed your pokey to fortify the gym. Once you get a gold badge at that gym it's great, as you get a lot more items per spin. A raid at that gym will get a nice chunk of xp towards gold.

I've a party set up just for Blissey; Machamp with two fighting moves, Alakazam (glass cannon but great), and that will do it. Sprinkle in Exeguttors, Golem and whatever else to clear whatever's left.

Barry Admin

What good gym badges have youse got? I like this, got it recently. Right near I was born, didn't even realise even though I knew about the nearby statue. They've made loads of new stuff about him recently apparently, must check it out:

And there's this bloke:

Barry Admin

Well, I very much overdid it today. Hope I'm not in agony tomorrow, as I plan to go in for my last chance at those two dicks. Got 2 Rayquaza's no bother, although when I arrived in town there was nothing good popping for ages. Had only 1 try each at Groudon and Kyogre, and both got away, and they're the important ones as they vanish tomorrow evening.

I used the throw trick to get Ray, first ball on my second raid. Groudon was very easy to hit, I was consistently getting "great" and even "excellent" curved throws, but he kept breaking out, argghhh. Apparently he's brill and can go upto 4000cp!

Finally I see why everyone hates Kyogre, I wasted my first 5 or 6 balls just trying to get the depth right. He's about a mile away, Christ knows how anyone managed before they changed his hitbox or whatever.

Hit level 32 finally. I'm absolutely busted. Got about 3 TM's too. Met a nice girl who was a Sliph Road researcher so chummed about with her for a bit. She said no one had asked her name before, silly Pokemon nerds. Both Rayquaza's dropped at just over 2000 cp, been enjoying using them already. Just hope I can get those other two tomorrow! At least an all day bus ticket lets me rest and travel about town, was a godsend today.

king_tubby

What's up with you, if you don't mind me asking?

I wanted to go in to town today, to replenish the bag (oo er), but didn't make it.  One of the gyms on the way to work has vanished, which is annoying. Admittedly the pub it represented has been demolished, but all the same.

Hobo

Congrats (On both the Rays and the ladyfriend). Managed 4 raids today 2 kyogre and one each of ray and Groupon, only caught a Kyogre. There were legendaries all over the shop. I suppose it's a last hurrah before they go. Looking forward to a new legendary (or two) soon.

Also chanced upon a wild Snorlax but it's seriously low cp.

bgmnts

Yeah whoa whoa who is this nerd girl? Do tell.

Barry Admin

king_tubby: Not at all. I've had a hernia the last few years but it's never bothered me. I had two really bad chest infections just before and after Xmas, and all the coughing made it a major problem all of a sudden. 4 weeks ago tomorrow I was suddenly in excruciating pain, and would have been referred straight to A&E if my chest hadn't been so bad. So I quit booze, cigs, bread and shit food and lost about a stone already. My mum reminded me that I couldn't even lift a pot to wash it so had to get the lend of wee tiny pots, and I had to use a crutch to get around the flat. So I haven't really left the flat in a month, other than shuffling about in one spot during community day, while everyone lapped me. Very depressing, but was just glad to be there.

My bag was depleted as shit, I love how much it gets filled even just on the bus in and out of town. I had to throw away about 200 normal balls today just to make space for other stuff. Not a potion left mind, and I used my coins to go from 650 to 700 spaces today.

I have a plan for this anyway. Any shit catches I get now around 1000 CP I rename to "gym", then I throw them in instead of my usual Snorlax or Golem or whatever. So instead of reviving and healing, once they've fainted I just transfer them for candy.

Barry Admin

Quote from: bgmnts on March 04, 2018, 09:27:11 PM
Yeah whoa whoa who is this nerd girl? Do tell.

Heh, she was nice, dunno what her situation is. There was three women today, 2 went all over town with us and were really into it. Then there was the Asian guy who sort of lurks around the corner and uses two phones at once, which caused some dirty looks from the purists. And the usual assortment of quite hairy, beardy men making up the lion's share of the raid group.
We had a spoofer try and jump into our raid at one point too, so they set up a private group.

Was glad the weather was a lot better today, as I wasn't sure for a while I'd find a group. Nae bother though.

Well done on the Kyogre Hobo. New legendary on Friday or Saturday I believe. Yay.

king_tubby

Two phones at once is shoddy. I've seen a few dual accounters recently (like really obvious RealName1 and RealName2 stuff) and I would report it if I could be arsed.

Sorry to hear about your health woes, but it's great that this silly game is helping you out.

Barry Admin

Thanks! Yeah, I think it really is, it's pushing me to just keep going through the back pain and stuff, and I had a blast. Really glad to finally be able to get properly stuck into the new pokeys.

king_tubby

I've had so much fun with it. It's ridiculous that I started playing to get a four month old baby to go to sleep whilst his mum had a rest and he's actually TWO on Tuesday.

Barry Admin

Mate it's fucking brilliant, I love it. The way the raids have added a social side to it has been great. I wasn't bothered about that with Ingress, but it's actually been a lot of fun to meet Pokemon people. Nice when you just bump into folks at gyms too. And I've always really loved walking, and PoGo pushes me to go further and further, I just can't stop playing when I'm out.

Happy Birthday to the wee man for Tuesday!

king_tubby

Barry Admin

Okay, last day for Groudon and Kyogre, then all Rays until the 11th. Good luck today folks!

Btw some people are planning to run down their eggs, so they can fill up with event eggs. Remember the other part to this:

QuoteWe're in for some legendary battles, and the overall result will be exciting! If Rayquaza is defeated more than Kyogre and Groudon combined, Pokémon that typically prefer windy weather (for example, Bagon) are more likely to hatch from Eggs from March 5 to March 16. If not, Pokémon that prefer sunny or rainy weather (like Trapinch or Lotad) are more likely to hatch.

Looking forward to hopefully getting another Bagon, I'd say Ray will just naturally win.

When will event eggs start though? Event ends at 9 tonight (actually a bit before that because of raid curfews), so will new eggs drop then, or after midnight? Doesn't bother me anyway, I've two 10s on the go now in super incubators and can't get through them that fast at the mo.

king_tubby

king_tubby

Double XP! I could well hit 38 with this.

Barry Admin

Great, I've loads of pidgeys I am desperate to clear out.

Crap, rainy day today, but still glad to be out again. No joy with Groudon or Kyogre. In typical Niantic fashion, the buggers hardly spawned at all. Waited at a Groudon the full 45 minutes to no avail. Should really have been using more general discords instead of just the Valor one, I guess, but it's so much dicking about. Did get another Ray, and finally picked up a Tyranitar, then another just as I was going home.

Hatched an okay Snorlax and an Onix, not bad, only the third Onix I've got, and the other two are shite.

Pulled a Fast TM and a Charge TM out of one raid, too! Got a nice wee stash of TM's now... changed the fast move on my 98 Gyarados so he's all water now.

Town is crazy, so competitive. Lot of grazzing going on as people are desperate to keep some gyms.

Hopefully do a few more raids this week. A couple of quad XP legendary raids back to back would be a sweet bump!

Hobo

The raid boss changes (Starmie, Exaggutor, Slowbro Charizard and Alakazam) seem to be Regi counters, could that be the next legendry?

Barry Admin

Round at the the local gym, and PTC has went down, just as I was gonna kick out my nemesis. Same pretty much every time an event starts.

Barry Admin

Back up finally. Don't waste a raid pass trying to solo Claydol, he's a seriously challenging tier 3 boss. Watched a video earlier where a guy just squeaked a victory using Mewtwo and loads of Kyogres.

king_tubby

Boom! 3 lucky egg evolves and I'm now level 38, with some pokeys I've not seen in local gyms too. Gonna spoil some 'dexes tomorrow.

Barry Admin

Nice work, congrats!

As I said in GB, had a great time with the raid team today and loads of randoms joining in cause they saw us standing there. We're hiring out a tram to tour Pokemon spawns :-D you can hire it out for three hours. Probably be slow enough to hatch eggs too.

Our Valor scene is really organised, I love getting into town as it's a whole different game, very competitive. We shout out which gyms have spaces, which ones need golden razzed etc.

I got another three Rays, an 87 2050cp one being my best so far. Now I can have a full party of Rays, although a couple are shite so may get traded when there's double candy again. They're fun and useful to use for clearing gyms, though.

There was a whole wave of Ray raids starting at 5, so we did lucky eggs and got 40k for each one. I was sore as fuck by this point and couldn't walk fast at all, but they were good enough to wait for me.

Just a brilliant day. Always love seeing how diverse the raid groups can be.

bgmnts

Went out for a wander down the afon and caught some Pokemon today. Was fun, bit dark though. My friend in NYC works in an office that doubles as a Pokestop thing so i let her log into my account I get balls for free.

Barry Admin

If you're not in America then I dunno if you can be done for account sharing? Is that against the TOS, I dunno. I've been wondering how you were getting on. What did you catch? That's great you're trying it out and having fun.

What team are you? I'd say, get used to using the appraise feature right away, and keep anything that sounds really good.

I just got a discord there about a local gym being attacked. The idea of actually being able to remotely hold them now is growing on me. I always felt grazzing was kind of cheap and mean, but it livens up the game for sure.

bgmnts

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 07, 2018, 11:53:17 PM
If you're not in America then I dunno if you can be done for account sharing? Is that against the TOS, I dunno. I've been wondering how you were getting on. What did you catch? That's great you're trying it out and having fun.

What team are you? I'd say, get used to using the appraise feature right away, and keep anything that sounds really good.

I just got a discord there about a local gym being attacked. The idea of actually being able to remotely hold them now is growing on me. I always felt grazzing was kind of cheap and mean, but it livens up the game for sure.

Fuck is that against the rules? You ain't seen me, right?

Was my first time tonight really on a proper walk, I dont actually know the pokemon i'm catching i'm so out of touch. I caught a Swablu and two Carvanhas.