Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:35:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Finally evolved a Bagon upto Salamence, and my last Charge TM got him from Fire Blast to Draco Meteor, phew!  Perfect double dragon attacking moveset, will power up:

Cloud

I need to evolve more stuff.  I get all fussy and keep waiting out for high IVs and such.

G'wann my little ponyta, you can do it!

Barry Admin

Same, and with mons that have three stages, I now wait until I have enough candy to do all three stages. Nothing worse than evolving it, then finding/hatching something better while you're waiting for the third stage candy.

Charmander confirmed for the next community day; special move, TRIPLE DUST, and the usual long lures. The shiny looks cool.

Shame to see that gen 1 event end tonight, bloody loved it. Good lot of Dratinis about again tonight, found one right under the "catch a dragon" quest.

Did a few raids tonight too, mostly weather-boosted Latias. I caught him easy at the start, but now find him to be a little bastard for some reason. The best raid was towards the end, when there was only five of us left. 3 32's, 1 34 and me at 36.

Still weather-boosted, and I wasn't sure we could do it. Someone volunteered to pop into the lobby, and from that we could tell he didn't have Outrage, so we gave it a go. I set up two battle parties as I obviously had the most hitting power. Good job too, as one of them was using trash like Jynx and Mr Mime!  I had one party of dragons, and a party with five Tyranitars and a Lugia I think. Told them not to dodge and to just go in with whatever the game gave them for their second squad, then during the battle the Jynx guy talked about reviving at the halfway point, gaaah.

It was a nail-biter...

We were all fucking loving life.

kittens

i got a moltres! that was a surprise

king_tubby

Yeah, that was ace, I avoided spoilers so was well chuffed.

Still no bastard Ditto. Spoke to another player yesterday (she's level 40, plays loads, only got her first Ex-raid last week!) and she says they increased the Ditto spawn for a very short time and then turned it off again. Bastards.

Also my phone's GPS (Nokia 3) is playing silly buggers, getting loads of drift and inaccuracies, which is very annoying when standing next to a stop/gym and your phone thinks you're out of range of it.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I got stuck on the ditto quest for a while, then last night, a Ratata that became suspiciously difficult to catch proved to be one of the sneaky, jelly, fuckers.

Now I've got to evolve another bloody Magikarp.

king_tubby

Aye, I checked what the next tasks would be and pinapped every 'karp I saw during last week's rain in preparation.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I was just collecting them while the getting was good, and I'm now grateful I was.

I don't half miss the 14 candies with a pinap and disposing of the Pokemon.

Barry Admin

Yep, but probably double XP again next.

This morning I got an hour-long bollocking by text from a mad Instinct player who lives across the street. I let her talk at me for close to an hour last night (you can't really escape), then she went home and kicked me out of a gym. So I kicked her out at midnight. She is fucking raging.

Sake.

king_tubby

That sounds....odd. Maybe she fancies you, and knocking you out of the gym is the new pulling of pigtails.

Barry Admin

She's not all there. I've tried to be nice, but she has this arrangement she came up with where she has the gym and night and I have it at day, and I have this arrangement where if a gym isn't red, I flip it. Stupid bossy cow.

king_tubby

Ah man, people tried to do that shit here at the start - load of old bollocks.

Anyway, just got that purple blob motherfucker! Now I never have to catch another zigzagoon.

Barry Admin

Congrats on the Ditto! What part you on now?

A couple of days ago I got my second 100% Exeggcute! This time from a quest reward, which also gave me a 100% Eevee a few weeks ago. Then later on the day I was firing and forgetting at loads of stuff while out with my mate. Did all the appraisals when I got home, and found I'd also caught a perfect Hoppip, two in one day, some luck. Then I picked up a 100% Weedle last night. Okay, so not the most useful, but nice anyway. My existing Exeggutor gets looaaads of outings when I'm battling in gyms, I guess another will come in useful. Just wish I could get Confusion on one and make him a double psychic, but it's a legacy move now for him now.

Last night Valor had absolute dominance over Belfast City Center. I was mostly just farming items, but managed to quickly take down and hold two full towers myself before the last bus arrived. Every gym in town was red, every single gym!

I'm getting a lot better at remembering types now, and picking my best attackers for super effective damage. Starting to remember double weaknesses too. Eg Dragonshite - both flying and dragon are weak to ice, and so that damage actually stacks. Roll on Articuno as a field research breakthrough :-)

king_tubby

I have to fight in ten raids. But seeing as just joining the lobby counts as 'fighting' it shouldn't be too difficult.

Making the excellent curveball is gonna be the killer.

Barry Admin

You could get them all done on one raid by backing out, or something, but I think it's been fixed now.

I thought the excellent throw would be a nightmare too, but got it done within 20 minutes without even trying, just a lucky fluke. Ponyta's were nice and easy for them last week too. Mr Mime is a good one to try on. Everyone was picking up two quests for "three excellent curves in a row" yesterday, which gave out a Larvitar, but can also give out a shitey Onix. I never bothered as they would have driven me mad, I think, and I still need to catch a dragon-type like Latias for three rare candies, so couldn't afford the two slots for quests that could take me forever.
Need

Barry Admin

You can always get down to a water biome and throw at Wailmers. Don't forget about setting the circle too - get it to excellent size, put the ball down, wait until he attacks. Wait a second or two then wind up your curve and throw it. With the correct timing, it'll hit just as they come out of their attack motion.

king_tubby

Yeah, Nosepass is another good one for this, totally useless 'mon though!

Barry Admin

Shame as he looks cool. Gets a cool looking evolution as Probopass too. Good ones I'm watching out for regards future evolutions are Roselia (grass, poison) and Tangela (grass).  Tangrowth looks like a hairy Muppets bollock, mind.

kittens

now i see why he was so desperate to catch a ditto

Barry Admin

Jumping around with a lot of different projects still, but deilcided to get back to my Machamp squad. 6 of them with 15 attack, I want them all levelled up to 36 each. As I understand it, that's their break point, which gives them 1 more point of damage with Counter (they all have Counter/Dynamic Punch, or will shortly.)

Could have duoed a Tyranitar yesterday, couldn't because I didn't have this squad. Tried to duo Absol today, couldn't carry my friend because my Machamps still weren't powered up enough.

My friends a bit frustrating, and he thinks the same of me. He's a "I just use what the game gives me" guy, and hates me going on about the right counters and super effective damage. Thought he was great for being on his third mon when I was sending in my second squad, but he doesn't realise that the game gives you stuff that resists the guys you're fighting. So in other words, I was doing all the damage, and he was just tapping away with shite like Cloyster. He did TM what I told him to for the second attempt, and powered up his Hariyama a bit, and we got within a cunt-hair of duoing Absol that time, but sadly the raid ended, so we didn't get a third go.

So yeah, a full squad of level 36 Machamps with Counter/Dynamic Punch coming up. He's still prettty much the best most useful attacker in the game, given the continued dominance of Blissey, Snorlax and Chansey as defenders. Then you have raid bosses like Absol, Aggron, Tyranitar etc where he is the best counter.

Soloed I think my first Gengar yesterday btw, fun, hits like a fucking truck, so you do have to dodge his charge moves. Now I really want to get into duoing tier 4's.

Barry Admin

Anyone get an EX raid pass? I didn't, but was with two guys yesterday when they got their first ones, was a nice moment. I've a couple of Charge TM's, so threw one into my better, weather-boosted Mewtwo there as he had Confusion/Psychic. STAB, but too situational and I don't need more artillery for Machamp solos, so I just wanted Shadow Ball or Focus Blast, and basically anything but Hyper Beam. He ended up with Shadow Ball, which is perfect for me! I already have a Machamp Army, so had no need for Focus Blast, Shadow Ball gives good neutral DPS.

I overdid it yesterday. Really overdid it. But it was a beautiful day. So I just went from raid to raid all day long.

Barry Admin

Also found another 100% yesterday, a Poliwag! Crazy amount of them this week, although I've certainly put the time and work in. Also got my first "35,000 steps in a day" badge from Fitbit.

Edit: just looked at a break point calculator, and my Mewtwo hits his next date breakpoint in just 2.5 levels, so five powerups costing 20,500 dust and 18 candy. That is seriously fucking tempting, but then maybe I'll want to plough onto the next one, which is at level 34.5, and considerably more costly.

MjjW

I like this shiny, reminds me of Pete's Dragon. Here he is self harming.

Barry Admin

Seen the shiny Charizard we'll be getting? Very goth.

Edit: Dragonshite and Armaldo, good old Instinct haha.

Barry Admin

Last day for the box sale. Ultra box is great value; cheapest raid passes have ever been. And be sure to keep at least 6 star pieces for community day... triple dust with a 50% bonus if you use them, drool.

kittens

this fucking catch a ditto quest can fuck the fuck off

king_tubby

Quote from: kittens on April 23, 2018, 06:15:03 PM
this fucking catch a ditto quest can fuck the fuck off

Aye. It was cunt soup.

Barry Admin

Earth Day event has stated! Just saw a wild Larvitar. Shiny Wailmer is out, triple dust on certain catches. Loads of seedot spawns, which I was after. Loads of Rhyhorns. Dust mania!

king_tubby

I need Seedot too. They were pretty common at the start of the Gen 3 roll out and then tailed off.

Barry Admin

I went ahead and evolved a Shiftry last night from a seedot I'd hatched. Only 10/14/14 but I had never even seen a Shiftry in gyms, and there'll be loads of dots the next two days, so it was a wee treat. And he looks like a total fucking badass, I love him.

I took Sunday and most of yesterday off to recover, and was bored shitless. I got my first 35,000 steps badge in Fitbit on Saturday, and was soooore. I tried to sit and play Xbox yesterday, but just couldn't manage it. When it got to about 6, I went out, and because the event started at 9, I didn't get home until like 1, doh. Made about 125k dust though. Saw three Feebas and three Larvitar. Dying to get a shiny pink Wailmer ffs.