Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Sounds like he's available in raid battles, judging from the news popup I just got. Guessing so anyway. Just caught an Alolan Rattata in the wild this morning, so they've quietly introduced those overnight too.

king_tubby

Heh, just checked the local Discord and they're all ripping the piss out of the EDL march in town earlier.

I need more friends, I've got 5 gifts burning a hole in my items, and I've given all you lot stuff already.

king_tubby

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

My code: 3181 7098 3035

king_tubby

This is such a scam, mind. Increase the egg drop rate so everyone is buying incubators so they don't miss out on the special eggs.

Cloud

Yeah it's frustrating, I get a gap in my eggs and spin a pokestop and it gives me a 10km one.  Every time.  It helps to try and have a couple of unopened gifts and open them just after an egg hatches.

The other side of the money grab is the gifts coming with things like 10 pineapples, increasing the time spent managing inventory and tempting you into m ore storage upgrades.  Still. it's great that I now have more potions and revives than I know what to do with again, after weeks of struggling to find them.  Gives you the psychological desire to hoard them now that they're abundant, funny that...

Barry Admin

Oh the whole thing is genius. I was taking a break and went out to farm gifts a few times, just because I felt guilty about not being able to send any back to people who had sent to me. My stalker has started taking the local gyms for coins again, so we're also having a lot of fun with that.

Egg drop rate seems to have been lowered, I think. I opened 17 gifts in a row and only got an egg on the first and last gift. Seemed to be a 50% chance on the first night or two.

Never had so many pinaps! One of the best things about hitting 40 is no longer having to do mass evos, so I can just hoard candy now. I would say it's nice having more space, but I guess that'll be used for trading items now.

king_tubby

I now have four Aloan Meowths. Thanks everyone! No eggs in this morning's gifts either.

king_tubby

Ordered a portable phone charger/battery pack thingy, so no more playing constrained by my Nokia 3's shitty battery!

Hopefully.

Hobo

Which did you get? I've been told to only go for Anker by other players.

king_tubby

It is an Anker, that's good to know. I got it cos it was best rated on Amazon and only about a tenner.

Rinsed a level 2 raid at lunchtime in no-time, one of those electro dog things. Gonna take a leisurely ride home along the canal tonight, I think, seeing as the football kicks of at 3 so I'd miss most of it anyway. Those canal gyms are gonna get a hammering.

Barry Admin

Anker is what I use too, I love it. Takes all night to charge, and I've only outlasted it once or twice, and that's when I was out for like 15 hours or something and it maybe wasn't quite fully charged.

Jolteon is back as a very challenging tier 3 boss. I don't have any Groudon, so I'm waiting for cloudy weather and then I'll have a bash at it with 6 weather-boosted Machamps.

Bit bored of Regice already! Just not worth powering up, so what's the point really?

king_tubby

Trade 'em with solo players who don't group raid? Though what they'd have that you need...

Regionals, at a guess?

Barry Admin

I traded the first one I got with a guy I know, we did it for a laugh and ended up with even more mediocre Regice as a result. At that friendship level IV's either stay the same or go down, and I think you'd have to be very lucky for them to stay the same!

Barry Admin

Aaaannnd there's the gift nerf. Knew that was coming. Pinap bundles are down from 10 to 1 or 2 now, for instance.

king_tubby

Not surprised, it was pretty ridiculous.

Cloud

Not the slightest bit surprised, and don't really mind - my inventory is already at the point where anything less than ultra balls were getting insta-discarded and I was also discarding any number of ultras above 200, and getting to the point where I'd have been discarding any potion less than max!  I try to cap fruits at 30, so was doing a lot of throwing away there too.

Barry Admin

I kept it all and binned 600 or so poke balls to make space.

brat-sampson

Go on then, gift me up ya bastards!

I've added the other folks who posted here, as I have only a couple of irl Pokemon friends.

3040 6015 2707

king_tubby

Gah, sitting on gifts waiting for GPS drift to hatch me some eggs.

king_tubby

Working from home, so managed to duck out just now for a Regice. We got it with four seconds left cos it had Earthquake and pretty much ate everyones' Flareons for breakfast. Then I got it on the last ball. Sweet.

Barry Admin

Congrats!

Snorlax for the next Research Breakthrough :-( it is the first time a legacy move will come back though, which is super interesting. I don't rate Snorlax as a defender these days, but the STAB move Body Slam is better than his current options for sure.

I just hoped it would be the beasts - Raikou really - next.

king_tubby

Yeah, seen some salt about the Snorlax. I think I have a few with body slam that weren't worth powering up.

Nice ride back along the canal tonight, the GPS behaved, rinsed the Valors, and I have had a Vape in a gym I'm trying to cultivate for gold for four days now.

Cloud

Finally have an ex raid invitation!  Next Friday.

Not expecting to actually catch the thing, it's just nice to finally have a crack at it.

king_tubby

Hobo

Congrats.

Gift storage has gone up to 10 this morning, and the gift rewards seems to have been slightly adjusted up too.

Barry Admin

Alolan rats added to 7k eggs too.  What the absolute fuck?

Barry Admin

Hatched two yesterday and two in a row just now. That's me done with Alolan eggs for now, I'm only opening gifts when I've already got 9 eggs from now on.

king_tubby

I've only seen one in the wild, so I want another to evolve. I want another Grimer too, then like you, I'm done.

Barry Admin

Two shiny Rosella so far. Drop rates seem pretty high, worth trying to find a good one for gen 4.