Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

The thing people always say to you about PoGo is "people still play that?" Yeah, they do. I didn't even have to use the discord much yesterday - once it got later in the day I could just walk to a raid, and there'd be a big group, or some of us would stay together or arrange to meet at a later one.

It was an amazing day, a real joy to see about 20 fellow nutters all standing about tapping phones like crazy, with cables to external batteries sticking out of everywhere. Over the course of the day I saw easily 40 to 50 different people at the raids. I've just never seen anything like it before. It was brilliant.

I used a Fast TM on my 91 Suicune, but ended up with hidden power grass instead of hidden power water, and evidently that would always be the case with that pokey. So when I get more TM's I'll probably try the rest, and see if I can get a pure water one. Then power up both?

Think I'll just recover today, hammered 300k XP this week. Might go in for the last day of the legendary doggy tomorrow, even just for the candies. 20k per legendary candy when there's no event on, yikes.

Cloud

With it having been a fad (very briefly!) when it first launched, people do say the whole "oh you're still playing that?  That's soooo 2016" thing

But yep, like anything you always retain a loyal core of players/fans.

Hoping to get a few of our lot together to watch the new Pokemon movie.  It's niche so might not be on everywhere, but Vue has done plenty of other niche stuff so I think we're in with a chance.

king_tubby

I am still playing this! Basically solo though, as I left the local Facebook group cos it was full of cheats, so I lack all the legendaries apart from Lugia which I got when running in to a raid as I left the pub.

I've been playing since the start, it was a way of making walking round and round the park with a 4 month old strapped to me whilst his mother slept more interesting. I'm now 3/4 of the way through level 36 and will make a nice dent in level 37 if there's a double XP event over Thanksgiving as I've been hoarding Pidgeys.

I've managed to cultivate a gold gym on a street nearby, so that's 30 items every Monday. Got a few more nearly there, but they removed the one at the bottom of my street cos it was at a school. Bastards.

Cloud

I know the feeling with the cheaters, ours has a few too.  Fortunately most of the group are honest and fun to play with.  Personally I'm not overly fussed what people get up to, it's just that if I know and they're like "hey look at this thing I caught" I have zero respect for their catch.  The bigger problem is there's always a load of drama about one of the more overt cheaters, and it can become quite unpleasant during those times.

king_tubby

Yeah, the internets drama was something I could do without too. Used to be amusing when someone posted a screenshot with the GPS spoofer joystick still on though.

king_tubby

king_tubby

Cloud

Nice!
I got a 100% IV Ho-Oh yesterday :)

Meanwhile Niantic are busy ruining Ingress and backporting all the bugs and battery drains from Go.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/2/16725884/ingress-prime-update-niantic-pokemon-go

king_tubby

Oh, well done! I actually walked past a Ho-oh raid at my local gym on Saturday, but didn't have time to join in.

Is it just me or are there more Dittos about at the moment? Useless ball eating shit bags.

king_tubby

king_tubby

Gen 3 are out there. Got some kind of hyena thing and a zebedee.

king_tubby

Barry Admin

I've been too tired and miserable to play this, and don't like leaving the flat when the maniac downstairs is partying, but I'm slowly getting back into it now.

The weather is ace, yeah, love how it buffs attacks etc, and it just looks great too.

It's lovely to see so many new pokeys about, these Wurmples seem really interesting, I didn't realise there was another Eevee-style pokey with multiple evolutions until my mate said the other night. Then a local player said some of this gen require certain steps to evolve, or something? Like evolution item and something else, I dunno. Oh, plus walking them, that was it, something along those lines.

And free incubators now? Fucking brilliant, hatching eggs has always been one of my favourite things in this game, and it's great fun to have a load running at once. 10k drop rate is still miserable these days though.

king_tubby

Ah, didn't know that about the Wurmples, I'll have to do some research. I've been saving any Gen 3 evolutions for a lucky egg grind, gotta maximise the XP when I still have over 1,000,000 to go before level 38.

Not seen any dragons about despite a couple of days of windy weather over Xmas. Still, that was out in the sticks, I put a Vape in the village gym when I got there on the 23rd and the fucker is still there. Bloody yokels.

Yeah, free incubators plus GPS drift means I currently am on zero eggs. None dropped in any spins today, I wonder if they've nerfed it.

Cloud

Quote from: king_tubby on December 08, 2017, 09:33:59 PM
Gen 3 are out there. Got some kind of hyena thing and a zebedee.

I named mine Zebedee too :)

Got to say, Gen 3 is some weird shit. Roses for hands? The creature from the restaurant at the end of the universe? Little black mage things huddled in a yellow jacket?  Santa-owl?  A big pouty swallowing thing?  A freaking little girlie looking thing in what looks like a skirt with a giant crocodile mouth hanging off the back of its head?!

Weird weird stuff.

king_tubby

Ahem. I think you'll find that technically Delibird is Gen 2.

Cloud

king_tubby

Yeah, they held it back for Christmas.

(Sorry, wasn't meant to be arsey)

Cloud

Ahh I love pokemon people, so nice

No arsiness taken.  Figures.... I did suspect this one was a bit Chistmassy!

Cloud

Hobo

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/05/pokemon-go-zangoose-seviper-regional-switched/

"Shortly after Pokemon Go's Holiday Event concluded yesterday, players discovered that Seviper and Zangoose had suddenly swapped territories.While these two regional-exclusive Pokemon briefly coexisted in the same territory, it now appears that Seviper is now spawning in what was once Zangoose territory, while Zangoose is stepping in on what Seviper's old turf."

Get looking for those Zangoose!

Barry Admin

Community day on Saturday. 3-hour lures, double XP and a Pikachu with an exclusive move (Surf.) Hoping I'll be well enough to go into town for a few hours.

king_tubby

I will take advantage of the double XP by doing mass evolve or two with a lucky egg.

GRIND.

Barry Admin

It's worth popping one when in town too. Spin a load of pokestops that you haven't been to before, and you get a nice bonus - a bigger bonus every 10 stops I think. Plus quad XP for all that catching.

I've set up a text replacement on my phone so I can type !evol to get evolve&10,13,16,19,21,161,163,165,167,177,183,46,48,96,98

My friend keeps having problems with the evolve screen, but I keep saying all you have to do these days is type in "evolve" and the search will show you everything with the requisite candies.

king_tubby

Hell yeah, I'm down London on Tuesday, takin' care of bidniss, so hopefully I'll get some time to spin my way to a full bag and a load of XP as London is just chock full of stops and how anyone down there isn't level 40 is beyond me.

Might even get an Unown!

Barry Admin

It's over already? Three fucking hours? Go and fuck yourself Niantic.

king_tubby

I think it was short so that people got together in parks and that.

There were a million Pikachu. Very dull.

Cloud

Yeah I almost missed out.  "10am on a Saturday?  Fuck off!"
But I woke up at 10:30 and thought what the heck and set off at 11 to meet the local crew.
Got 2 shiny Pikachus, one of each gender :D
Need to decide whether to evolve one...