Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:40:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Went out for takeaway and got a shiny Plusle.

Barry Admin

If you have a good Machamp, I'd Charge TM a Focus Blast Mewtwo, as he's just essentially a not-as-good-as-Machamp Machamp. If you're powering him up, give Shadow Ball a go, it's amazing, I use it all the time.

I've decided to largely give up gym work, after my current batch of gold badges are done. There's just too much drama and even aggression. I'm a very recognisable person, and evidently quite well known now - I'm kind of notorious for smashing gyms, and for going into an area and taking and berrying all the gyms. I love it, it's fun. But this current area I've been working is mental.

They have a very notorious player there who's like the fucking father figure to a lot of the Instinct players. He's been recognised as a nut for years, in Ingress too. He's jumped in front of moving cars to see if there was a suspected spoofer in there. Jumped on people's bonnets. Told people he'd ring their fucking necks etc, tried to grab people out of cars, all this crazy shit. Likes to get his crew to drive round and sit in a car with the lights off, staring at people while they attack "his gyms" in order to intimidate them. This went on for two hours a while back, around midnight.

And this is the area I've been working in. And I've enjoyed the challenge, but these guys are now multi accounting to keep me out of gyms, or exploiting to get me out of them as I berry like fuck, and the exploit stops me from being able to defend.

That's how seriously these cretins take the game. They'll openly cheat.

And it's mad - if they didn't kick me out immediately, I wouldn't have to make so many return visits.

One of them started screaming at me yesterday. It's insane. Fuck it.

Barry Admin

Also, I'm kind of a polarising figure, so there's always a lot of drama around me taking gyms. I've left the communities now as I can't stand all the attention and nonsense. It's been nice to see some people coming out as "#TeamNeil" and even adding it to their buddy names, but it's all insane and certainly not fun.

Some of the people criticising me do exactly the same thing. Some are much worse.  Some of them literally can't go to sleep at night unless they're in 20 gym.  Yet I'm the bad guy, somehow.

I'm gonna finish this area, then refocus on covering distance.

king_tubby

Move over to Leeds, dude, everything is a lot more sedate. Please forgive the ignorant Englishman here, but is this in any way related to Catholic/Protestant areas?

Barry Admin

No, nothing like that. It's just - as far as I can see - a bunch of obsessive, possesive wankers who have fallen under the spell of an abusive cult leader type. Like, he's fallen out with members of his team before for fraternising with people from the other teams, for instance. The guy who screamed at me yesterday approached a female player a month or so back and screamed "lazy bitch!" at her because she was sitting in her car.

Barry Admin

I had two guys following me around yesterday, adding 10cp pikachus and other trash to gyms as I took them. This was meant to bother me, but I play solo and am it's actually those Valor guys who moan about lack of "support" in gyms. I take a gym, put one of my ten Blisseys in it, and can then hold it myself, without needing to have my hand held.

They're trying to taunt me now also by calling me a Mystic, because I much prefer hanging out with the Mystics. They don't take themselves or the game seriously, whereas the Valor clique have an unearned sense of superiority. This is particularly true of the guys who have ranked up in Ingress to submit new stops and gyms. They literally hang around waiting to be thanked at new gyms, and are just generally toxic, self-obsessed cunts.

king_tubby

Ex Raid passes! Loads of people in my local group have got them for my local park at a time I could do.

Did I get one? Did I? Did I FUCK. Got one for during work hours that no other fucker will be able to make either.

Curse you god for making me this way!!!!!

king_tubby

Alolan Marowak looks fucking awesome. 4* raid though, so not much chance of me getting one.

Hobo

Pop down the A1 to Grantham we have a very active whatsapp raiding group.

However, it does mean coming to Grantham.

Barry Admin

I've actually ended up playing Ingress again this week, and actually barely even looked at PoGo yesterday, although I hatched eggs on it all day. But I was out to the wee hours with 2 level 30 friends, and only 1 of us was playing PoGo.

It's so engrossing and demanding though. You do end up walking into things. The event in at the minute is to smash and claim as many unique enemy portals as possible. I'm at 90 already, so 10 off Bronze.

king_tubby

Quote from: Hobo on July 20, 2018, 12:13:54 PM
Pop down the A1 to Grantham we have a very active whatsapp raiding group.

However, it does mean coming to Grantham.

I'm not going to bloody Grantham! We have a good raid group here too, but with a toddler I don't really have the option to just pop out and join them very often. And by the time he's fed and asleep and I've had my dinner the raids have stopped and also I'm fucking knackered.

Barry Admin

I've got an EX Raid to go to, and it's also my first time subbing for someone. Double candy so I'd love to try and catch his on a Pinap for him. And mine!

I should be practicing throwing, but I'm sitting learning the Ingress glyph language. I'm awful at glyph hacking, no short-term memory, but when you can remember phrases instead of symbols, it gets a lot easier.

Cloud

Can't be bothered with Ingress any more as all the PoGo crew went blue (the wrong side) and they always insist on having massive fields over everything.  So unless you're willing to travel miles to pick away at the axa defended corners in some crappy signal area, you can't link up the town etc which is what I used to enjoy doing.

Got second mewtwo (79%) and the new legendary robot thing today in the pouring rain.

Barry Admin

That's much like what happened here, except it's the Valor who went green. But I was already blue, and split from their Valor discord as some of them are self-important, obnoxious bullies. Some of them are lovely, mind! Anyway they're doing much the same thing, trying to hold all of the City Centre. I love smashing things, and love going against them, so it's been amazing. I was 8 when I stopped playing, and hit level 9 tonight.

Got another shit Mewtwo, on a Pinap though, yay 12 candies.

owlboy

Saw this gym the other day which made me smile...

Cloud

Haha oh the annoyance when someone ruins an attempt at an eevee gym.

Well, the infighting does happen in ours that's for sure.  Basically on these 3 hour raid events, we have one group who want to play the "hard and fast" game so they drive around as fast as they can trying to do as many as possible, and another group who want to stick to the tradition of going place to place on foot, don't mind adopting the slower people and those with less reliable phones and having to wait around, back out a few times etc.  I go with the latter group as to me I just don't see the fun in the "Go" being vehicle based, but to each their own.  Anyway the problem is that this also means group B can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

So yesterday morning comes around.  After the previous night voting had occurred between two starting points, with a clear majority, the "Plan" on Facebook Messenger (which we've had hammered into us should be taken as gospel, stick to the official plan) said the minority starting point.  Mutterings of "huh?  I thought we were starting at the park?  Oh well" went around but there wasn't a lot of time so we assembled at the one on the plan. 

If that confusion wasn't enough, there also was apparently an agreement to all meet at the park and do those gyms together, both teams, at 12:30.  But this was made the previous night in chat no one had time to scroll through. Team A weren't responding (messenger off as trying to do raids as quickly as possible) and there were rumours they'd already done it etc.  So we also did that early.

Cue LOTS of angry words afterwards.  Why didn't your team stick to what was agreed, some people started at the park and got pissed off, we didn't get to do that nice team effort at the end, it's all some selfish jerks spoiling things for everyone else etc. 

Seemed obvious to me it was a genuine error.  It was just one guy who hadn't seen the voting last night, got up, saw no plan, and started one.  And we were like "oh right something must have changed" and just followed what was on the plan.  But no it took hours of bitching and assuming the worst of people, sulking and refusing to come to other raids, basically most of the afternoon to actually finally come to the realisation that oh, it was a mistake and poor communication, nothing nasty, and apologies have been made.  But what a nightmare getting there.

"Never attribute to malice what could equally be explained as stupidity"

Barry Admin

Although I've been addicted to Ingress for nearly a week now, I did go to the Zapdos event. We had guys plan out a route to cover 40 raids by car, although I'd rather be walking to be honest. But I went mainly for the craic. A lot of them were running on anything below 96%, but I said I'd rather not do as many raids, and catch everything I could. Haven't checked the stats yet, but don't think I got any that were particularly brilliant, did get two shinies though. I'll likely not power another one up anyway - Thunder Shock is a real improvement, but it's still glassy as fuck. I'm holding out for Raikou.

Then after that was an Ingress event! I picked up three Chansey quests, and guess what, one of them was 629cp - one of those numbers you have memorised and hope you'll see for yourself some day. Yep, a perfect level 15 Chansey...! So with the double candy I've already got her promoted to a Blissey, and will start powering her up forthwith.

Cloud, sorry to see you're having drama too, so much of it this summer!

Anyway, back to Ingress :-D

king_tubby

I'm in a hotel down London. Got a stop in range but I just out of range of a gym. Metres!

canadagoose

I've added a few folk on this thread. I'm SlothyLottie, if you're wondering who's just added you. I'm not a big enthusiast so I'll probably just send gifts and that. I have way too many so need to get rid of them.

Barry Admin

Finally Raikou for the research breakthrough, yaaaassss!

Also got to level 10 in Ingress, so I can submit new stops now, but loads of people are doing it, so I'll likely leave it to them.

king_tubby

Yeah, chuffed with that as I don't have one.

king_tubby

Boom! Level 39. Got a third level friendship with one of you lot this morning whilst running a lucky egg, hello 100,000 XP. Nice.

Just the 5,000,000 to go now.

Barry Admin

Congrats on level 39!

New trading event is live. I was trading with a friend the other day and we tried to get lucky Pokemon, but didn't have anything older than March 2017. No joy. We tried a few crappy Chanseys and still nothing. Finally we gave up and did a recent trade for distance, and it went lucky! I ended up with a 96% Beldum, and she got an okay Alolan Grimer. The Beldum improved substantially, it was only in the 50's originally.

Cloud

This Alola form thing is pissing me off.

I've started a second account (dual wielding phones) just to try and get the Raichu, because no matter how much people tell me "just solo it" when I ask for help, I can't do it. I've tried, guess I'm just a poor trainer.

But that doesn't help with Marowak, which needs 3+ people. And literally no one is interested in doing it - they all want to do triple raids of fucking Registeel.  Which is the ugliest legendary ever. Why do people need like 100 of these things, I get the trading thing but anyone serious enough to trade also had 100 Regi's.

Cloud

Well that was a rant wasn't it :p

Good one today, got 9 shiny Eevees per account.  The new account has never used the naming trick so immediately got an Umbreon (and will be getting Espeon when I get around to sorting everything)

Shooting for the full set, preferably on both accounts, so walked 13 miles today....

Wore an Eevee plush on my shoulder, figured if you're going to be the dork, be the whole dork.  Being only half a dork, people still think you're weird, but it's less fun :D

king_tubby

In Malaga this am and got my Tropius for the dex. Now in the middle of nowhere in the mountains and losing all my streaks.

Cloud

Successfully got the full set of shiny and non-shiny eeveelutions with Last Resort, on both of my accounts. Happy!

Needed to do so much walking - didn't help that I walked one 10km and it became a Flareon. Turns out you shouldn't swap one out mid-candy and put it back again as it's the 2 candies earned that count NOT the 10km total.

Walked 15 miles yesterday- absolutely goosed

king_tubby

So only the one Tropius despite two days in Malaga. Imagine only getting one Mr Mime in two days!

Anyway, EGGS:  I've got 9 7km in the bag and I can't be arsed to hatch any of them cos who needs another Alolan Meowth? Means I don't get any 10km, but also means I don't buy any incubators.

YOUR MOVE, NIANTIC.

king_tubby

OK, so you have to hatch nine eggs for the Celebi quest. That is Niantic's move.

Barry Admin

Apparently the next step requires a lot more walking. A LOT more, my friends did like 20km yesterday.