Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayduke_lives

So me and my wife downloaded this to play with our nephew. He's long since got bored, but we're pretty hooked (and I've found it helps get me out of the house and on my feet in the times I feel like staying inside all day). Anyway, we're building up a pile of gifts, so I've added the codes in this thread - obviously if you're tired of gifts (sounds like alolan eggs can be a ball ache) please just delete them, but if they'd help then we'll send some.

I've loved reading your experiences of the game. As pretty unsociable people locally it's fascinating to hear about the sessions people organise, and I'm amazed at how much it's possible to drill down into it should you want to.

king_tubby

Yeah, it's great for getting out and about - my other half mocks me for playing it when we go to new places but the amount of interesting things I've spotted cos they're stops is ridiculous.

Have they nerfed the gift drop? Didn't get a single one on the way to work and must have spun about 10 stops/gyms. So no gifts for anyone today, sorry.

20km, Barry? Are we going to have to evolve a Feebass?

Barry Admin

Nope. Looks like only 10km is actually required. I guess these folks suffered so much as they were trying to do it on the same day as they finished the eggs task.

Also, mild spoiler, you have to send 20 gifts, so they could well have nerfed the drop rate to keep you playing longer, I thought they were stingy yesterday myself.

Barry Admin

Up to stage 6 now as I've been focussing more on Ingress. How are you folks getting on?

Tip: finish stage 5 before midnight.

king_tubby

I'm on stage 5 now, was not impressed to see it a mirror of stage 4. Why do I need to finish before midnight?

Barry Admin

Because then you can spin a stop before midnight and one after. It'll get you done with step 6 one day quicker.

king_tubby

PSA: your FUCKING Eevee has to be your FUCKING buddy when you evolve it to Umbreon otherwise it could turn in to any old shit and then you'll have to walk another ten FUCKING km with a useless Eevee when you could be earning some of that sweet sweet Chansey candy.

MOTHERFUCKER

Barry Admin

Finally got round to finishing my quests tonight and got my Celebi. Not playing much, but going out with 3 cars full of folks tomorrow to do Moltres day. I'm not gonna be going mad, but they're all aiming to do 50 raids! I had enough coins stashed to get the Ultra Box, so that and the 5 free passes will likely do me. Good luck tomorrow folks!

king_tubby

All that bollocks for a shit Celebi.

Noonling

I haven't played since release, but I downloaded it again yesterday. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but I've been getting out of the house the last couple of days at least.

king_tubby

Ah, you'll probably not get a lot out of it currently, as there's an event on for first gen pokemons so you'll have probably seen most of these, and gen 2 & 3 are very rare at the moment.

Also if you're low level the raids aren't going to be much fun. Stick with it though, there's a Chikorita event on Saturday, so those green whip bastards will be all over the place.

king_tubby

Barry, could you open the gift from me please as we're one off being ULTRA MATES and that's a nice 50,000 XP. Ta.

Barry Admin

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't been able to play much and am rubbish at gifts

You're ErcolTable right? Do you want to tell me a time to open the gift so you can put a lucky egg on?

Noonling

Quote from: king_tubby on September 18, 2018, 08:28:05 PM
Ah, you'll probably not get a lot out of it currently, as there's an event on for first gen pokemons so you'll have probably seen most of these, and gen 2 & 3 are very rare at the moment.

Also if you're low level the raids aren't going to be much fun. Stick with it though, there's a Chikorita event on Saturday, so those green whip bastards will be all over the place.

Ah, was wondering why I was pretty much only seeing Gen 1.

I did manage to do a couple of the most basic raids by myself - seems like I got to level 16 before ditching it last time (now 19) so I have some pokemon that aren't terrible. None are really gym-worthy though it seems quieter nowadays so they still stay in the gym for a few hours.

king_tubby

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 19, 2018, 03:09:41 PM
Yeah, sorry, I hadn't been able to play much and am rubbish at gifts

You're ErcolTable right? Do you want to tell me a time to open the gift so you can put a lucky egg on?

Yes, that's me. Good call, if possible could you open it around 10am on Saturday, but if not, just whenever. Thanks!

Barry Admin

Ok I'll do my best to be up and will open at 10am, so have your lucky egg on.

Don't think I can be bothered with tomorrow's community day, I still can't get around much anyway, and although frenzy plant is a great move, I'm not sure a Meganium is really worth it.

Barry Admin

Barry Admin

Must be helping people finish the gen 1 dex, unless there's one that doesn't turn into a ditto? Seems unlikely though.

Noonling

Yup, sounds like they all turned into dittos, according to the Internet. Cute though.

king_tubby

Quote from: Barry Admin on September 22, 2018, 12:49:22 AM
Ok I'll do my best to be up and will open at 10am, so have your lucky egg on.

Don't think I can be bothered with tomorrow's community day, I still can't get around much anyway, and although frenzy plant is a great move, I'm not sure a Meganium is really worth it.

Forgot to say thanks for this, so thanks! I got one shiny that spawned in the house, none from the park and I was there over an hour. Failed to catch Mewtwo over three raids now, bit annoyed as I only need it to complete the Gen 1 'dex.

Cloud

Interesting times!

I have mixed feelings about the MONTHS that I spent trying for an ex raid pass to be undermined by Mewtwo now popping up everywhere, but I suppose it makes sense as I'd be hypocritical to complain about it while enjoying regionals hatching out of eggs without having to go to Australia.   It's nice to complete "old" pokedexes at last, and yay, Kanto is done!  Ex raids and the like are a way to be the first to get these things, not to be the only.

Still plodding through the Celebi stuff.

Meanwhile the hamster's account (created to help me with Alolan Raichu as the others wouldn't) is 26 and rising and still working on Mew and most of her pokedex... but has a Mewtwo XD
She said "thank fuck" in hamster ("....") when all the dittos came out the other day in their weird "nut on a blob of blu-tak" form.

Quote from: king_tubby on September 01, 2018, 10:43:20 PM
PSA: your FUCKING Eevee has to be your FUCKING buddy when you evolve it to Umbreon otherwise it could turn in to any old shit and then you'll have to walk another ten FUCKING km with a useless Eevee when you could be earning some of that sweet sweet Chansey candy.

MOTHERFUCKER

Ah yes that.  I went through it on the Eevee community days when I walked 20km in one day because of it!  My mistake was actually swapping the buddy out (can't remember why) mid-candy.  Turns out the requirement is to earn 2 candies with it, not to clock 10km.  Normally it's the same  thing, but if you swap out mid-candy you can end up with 10km and 1 candy, and the fucker turns into a Flareon or whatever.

Barry Admin

Quote from: king_tubby on September 24, 2018, 02:23:41 PM
Forgot to say thanks for this, so thanks! I got one shiny that spawned in the house, none from the park and I was there over an hour. Failed to catch Mewtwo over three raids now, bit annoyed as I only need it to complete the Gen 1 'dex.

No probs, hope you had your lucky egg on!

I had another podiatrist appointment today, and it was the first time in weeks that I could actually get out and play again, as I've been given special insoles and stuff now. Anyway it was really good to get out. I bumped into one of the top players and had a chat about the game, and I haven't kept up on the changes at all.

What I didn't realise is that Mewtwo now has legacy moves! This means he can't get Shadow Ball or Hyper Beam anymore. Hyper Beam is pure trash anyway, so that doesn't really matter, but the Ghost type move Shadow Ball is fucking brilliant. I have a shitty Mewtwo that's like 12 attack and 78% or something, but it's TM'd to Psycho Cut and Shadow Ball, pretty much maxed out, and I use it all the bloody time for gym clearing.

I've four spare Mewtwos sitting there that I would have TM'd to Shadow Ball for trades if only I'd known!

Now that he can get Ice Beam though, I guess that'll make him the best Ice type attacker until gen 4, so very good against any flying/dragon types - the ice attackers have always been fairly trash so far.

Mewtwo is down to normal legendary catch rates - 2% base rate instead of 6% when he was in an EX Raid - so keep golden berrying him, and try and get as many caught as you can for the berries. And if you know someone with a spare Shadow Ball one, definitely try and get it off th in a trade.

Noonling

I still only have a collection of crappy Pokemon, but god I'm obsessed. Been going out every single day - even when I only plan to do a walk around the block I end up out for an hour. I like looking for likely nests that aren't yet recorded on Silph Road, and I generally aim for completing the pokedex rather than having awesome Pokemon (though I know I'll need that too when I start looking at raids properly).

Has anyone else found there to be more Gen 2/3 Pokemon over the last day or so? Feels like the Gen 1 focus is winding down, though I don't know if it's just a coincidence.

king_tubby

No, I've only seen them at nests or places I suspect of being nests. Not seen a zigazoon or swablu in agesm or one of those little pink evolve fodder fucks.

king_tubby

Lot of n00bs on the local chats getting salty about people not letting them know when levelling up friendships and missing out on double XP with a lucky egg, which I think is pretty unreasonable considering the grind older players had to do. I think there's far too much XP given out for these friendship milestones.

Cloud

I try to let people know, but as I have 80 friends, it's getting a bit tedious

Barry Admin

Thankfully managed to hatch a Tauros today, and then another for good measure, so that's my gen 1 dex done and dusted.

Noonling, it's great to hear you're having so much fun!

Barry Admin

Went with a couple of mates to Bangor to farm a geodude nest. I asked why, didn't know they'd just released a shiny.

Guess who was the only person to get one :-D

Looks wicked! Did I mention I finally got my Magikarp shiny the other night too? Woo.

king_tubby

I've been piling in to the Geodudes and not seeing any yellow ones. Congrats on both!

Any word of a double XP event coming at all? I've got a serious amount of evo-fodder lined up.

Barry Admin

Thanks, I forgot to mention I also got an EX Raid pass, they went out tonight and I managed to do a raid today, yaaasss.

I also just looked at invite and you can actually invite an Ultra or Best Friend to come with you now as well. A +1 on an EX Raid pass, that's great, I love it.