Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobo

I think there are 9 out there (plus their evolved forms) and a few more being reported in eggs as well.

king_tubby

Oh, I'm going to have to buy incubators again.

Just as they planned.

Norton Canes

Just been for a colleague's birthday breakfast at a cafe on campus. 4/5 of the others round the table spent the whole time prodding away at their Pokemon Go apps. Get in grave.

Barry Admin

Yeah but come on, gen 4 fucksake. Have a heart mate.

king_tubby

Finally got a Mewtwo. Gen 1 owned.

king_tubby

Also just egged on for another best so if yer reading, Cnut, dae it.

Barry Admin

Congrats on Gen 1! It's a bit anticlimactic I thought, would be nice if they had a special badge that popped up.

Shinx is a new 'un, only available in tier 1 raids. Me and my friend did it yesterday, and she got a 100% one. It can be shiny by the way.

I've been evolving a few of these new guys now, and they're all very cute. Although some of the names seem very onomatopoeiac; I can't help but think "Piplup" is the sound a poo makes when it splashes into the water.

Barry Admin

I had a bad fall down the steps outside my flat last night when I finally came, but thankfully didn't break anything, other than the light on my bike. Great day anyway, met my friend at 1:30 and we cycled around CS Lewis Square and the nearby park in the dazzling sunshine, then cycled through to the Titanic Quarter.

Locked the bikes up there, then walked around for an hour or two farming Pokeys, with me also playing Ingress at the same time, hehe, total addict. Then took a few gyms on the way home, and ended up bumping into some Instinct and Mystics I know, and we stood there chatting in the freezing cold night for like 2 hours, while trading the new Aslan gym. Fun times, have so much fun with these games still, glad I got over my slight feeling of being bored with PoGo, although I'm still more into Ingress these days anyway. But Gen 4 HYPE.

Barry Admin

Holy crap, it seems they didn't actually nerf Meteor Mash at the last minute, and so Metagross will now actually become meta relevant. I didn't even set my alarm as I wasn't too fussed tbh. I also went mad with the Ingress 1.5x AP bonus yesterday and made a half a million in AP/XP... my feet hurt!

Barry Admin

Yeah, so Metagross is now one of the top Pokémon, despite being utterly shite up until now. His neutral damage now ranks him just behind Rayquaza and Mewtwo with Shadow Ball. He's a beast. With Bullet Punch as a fast move, you get great energy for Meteor Mash, and he can also absolutely tear apart Gardevoirs with his double steel moveset.

My friend traded me one that went lucky and 96% with 15 attack a while back, and I'll be maxing it out and using it a lot.

I got 4 shinies in the end, including one with 15 attack which will also get maxed out. I love shinies that I can actually use, and which aren't just space stealers. It really is one of the best looking shiny Pokémon too, really class.

king_tubby

I am in the middle of goddamn nowhere currently so managed to get a grand total of four with no shiny. However, I did remember to evolve a couple of 90% + up so I am cheered to read that, Barry. Low on candies though, so time to swap old Chansey out.

Barry Admin

You did well to remember, I ended up with 8 of them evolved, all but one with 15 attack (another shiny, just because.)

It's the best community day move since Tyranitar got Smack Down. Psychic/Steel typing gives it some good resistances too, so yeah, they'll be great for clearing out gyms, I'll be having one in my battle party most of the time now.

Barry Admin

Definitely the best looking shiny since Kyogre:

Noonling

Maybe its just because I'm stardust starved, but I don't see the point of chasing after good IVs.

Glad I got a couple of Metagrosses yesterday, a lovely addition to my still rather meagre crop of Pokemon.

Barry Admin

Good IVs help when you start soloing tier three raids. I battle a lot of gyms, so want to invest in the best stuff for attacking and defending. With the way damage is calculated in the game, 15 attack is a big thing.

And it's less relevant now, with friend bonuses, but people traditionally like to get their damage balls from raids, and that comes from knowing and having the best counters.

Ultimately it's just a great way to keep engaged with the game, too. It becomes a case of not just collecting things, but collecting the best possible examples of things.

Cloud

Sure glad I don't rush to evolve stuff (wait til I have a good one) and didn't even have a metagross yet :)

Barry Admin

Last day of Mewtwo raids.

Barry Admin

New event and quest and ghosts! And my friend just told me Mewtwo can get Shadow Ball again at the minute! Just an hour ago I used 30 Charged TM's getting my best ones to Ice Beam ffs hehe.

Shadow Ball = BEAST. I use it all the time.

Disregard this for now!

Barry Admin

I went back into town for an hour or two, but got scuppered by a lack of berries. I'd dumped all mine into gyms today, and wasn't going to use the last 90 golden berries I have. Whereas a chum had like 600 (and had done his 200th Mewtwo raid today!) so was glad to get rid of them.

My other friend did get onto stage 2 already, and it's gonna require some travelling for me.

She had an amazing day. When we did Mewtwo raids earlier on, she got a 100% Mewtwo! Now when the Halloween event started, someone messaged her and said that Shadow Ball was available again. Turns out this was some kind of mistake, and was only available for about 15 minutes or so before Niantic fixed it. So she was screaming at her boyfriend about her luck hahaha, it is pretty amazing.

There's a good quest at the minute too, considering it's also double catch candy. Evolve three shuppets or... duskull I think? Anyway do that for 1 rare candy, so obviously make sure you stack three quests and do them at the same time. Catch 5 houndoors gives a Sneasel, which is gonna be good in gen 4, so also worth raiding at the minute.

Hobo

Seeing reliable reports that on the second page that you don't need to find the new stops, that once you complete catching the 108th Pokemon the reward 'Mon will appear anyway.

Cloud

Preordered Let's Go Eevee.  Feels odd to me as I've always followed the anime and gone with Pikachu, but god the Eevee is so cute...

Barry Admin

Me and my friends actually guessed what the encounter for the first stage would be last night, when we noticed that all the rewards and quest objectives had 10 and 8 in them.

Going out now to grind this a bit more and should get it finished.

I want a shiny balloon tho!

king_tubby

So I caught 108 with berries then that fuckwit Willow wants me to catch another 108? Fucking academics.

Got a shiny Poochyna in that lot though. Nice.

Also, I've just been at a holiday village thing outside of Filey. One stop within walking distance (and I am now cursing at not going back and taking pics) which is depicted in game as a 'Folly' with a ruined stone arch in open countryside. So I walked up this manky cul de sac full of rotting farm machinery and the location of the stop was a garage full of old PC parts. Some cheeky fucker's only gone and got a portal/stop assigned to their house!

Also also Bridlington sea front is amazing - tons of stops and gyms, loads of rare spawns. Pity Brid is such a hole.

Barry Admin

GENGAR RAID DAY! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! GENGAR RAID DAY!

Barry Admin

Shiny Gengar 😍 I've been predicting they'd bring back Shadow Claw, but it's Psychic. That'll do though. So what's in next months box then?

https://pokemongohub.net/post/news/gengar-raid-day-announced-november-3-shiny-gengar-and-5-free-raid-passes/

king_tubby

Ugh, I do not need any more raid passes, wish I could bin the ones I have.

I am interested in this Adventure Sync thing - quite fancy getting kms without having the phone on.

Barry Admin

I'm gonna do that "visit 8 unspun stops" bit of the quest anyway. I don't think it'll move down to the completed section otherwise. Was a fun wee quest anyway, good to see smaller more frequent ones.

Barry Admin

CaB has been doing my head in a bit this week, but I had to come on and say how fucking awesome Gengar day was. One of my favourites, for sure, and I offered someone 20 quid a while back for a Shadow Claw one - he ended up giving it me for nothing, and I use it all the time.

Gengars other legacy fast move is Lick, which was available with the totally underwhelming Psychic yesterday. I'd been predicting Shadow Claw coming back in the box or as some kind of Halloween treat, but really, Lick is just as good. It's very fast and builds energy like crazy! So once you use a Charged TM to get Shadow Ball instead of Psychic, you've now got one of the best neutral DPS machines/glass cannons in the game.

Amazingly they also let you evolve the move during the raid window, so I did all the many great IV Gastlys I had saved from quests, including my 100% one, which I maxed out and started using before the raids even finished. Absolute beast.

Caught three shinies too, and three shiny Pinsirs, and also got a shiny Natu this week, which was cool.

Barry Admin

Oh by the way, the fitness stuff is brilliant, my friend is really into it and she showed me how great it actually is when you set it all up with your phones stuff. So it actually can track your steps/hatch eggs when the app is closed, and even when your internet connection is turned off! It's pretty revolutionary.

Barry Admin

Just soloed a Gengar, to play with my new Gengars.

Pulled a fucking perfect. A weather-boosted 100. Which can't get Shadow Claw or Lick as its fast move.

Fucking trolled so hard.