Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:10:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Ah, sorry CaB's getting on your tits, Barry - if it helps, I'm getting a lot out of it currently.

Managed one Gengar raid as a group turned up at Leeds Museum (a gym) as I was outside waiting for it to open with the child. Didn't get it though. No shiny Pinsirs either.

Noonling

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 04, 2018, 06:08:46 AM
CaB has been doing my head in a bit this week, but I had to come on and say how fucking awesome Gengar day was. One of my favourites, for sure, and I offered someone 20 quid a while back for a Shadow Claw one - he ended up giving it me for nothing, and I use it all the time.

Gengars other legacy fast move is Lick, which was available with the totally underwhelming Psychic yesterday. I'd been predicting Shadow Claw coming back in the box or as some kind of Halloween treat, but really, Lick is just as good. It's very fast and builds energy like crazy! So once you use a Charged TM to get Shadow Ball instead of Psychic, you've now got one of the best neutral DPS machines/glass cannons in the game.

Amazingly they also let you evolve the move during the raid window, so I did all the many great IV Gastlys I had saved from quests, including my 100% one, which I maxed out and started using before the raids even finished. Absolute beast.

Caught three shinies too, and three shiny Pinsirs, and also got a shiny Natu this week, which was cool.

Damn, I still haven't got a shiny outside of Community days!

Been neglecting this a little as I've been so obsessed with RDR2. Also I find my GPS keeps not working - and strangely its mostly when I'm outside Bristol, no clue why. Hoping to get into this again, and maybe meet up with a friend who I introduced it to! Still haven't traded with anyone.

Hobo

The fitness tracking is a brilliant addition, it means I can play whilst running without burning through the phone battery.

I missed the Gengar day completely as I was at the WOLF run, unfortunately I couldn't track the KM as I wasn't risking taking my phone.

Community day soon, and no doubt some more gen 4 will drop too. There's always something round the corner now. 

Cloud

Mr. Admin, I believe you're up for Ultra Friends if you  want to try  and coordinate lucky  eggs

Yeah  I'm lazy  I think it's been like that for weeks

king_tubby

Shiny Ponyata and Cubone out there now, appaz. I've not seen any.

Cloud

I 110% need a shiny ponyta.

Cloud

Barry Admin

Got my pony and cubone already and I hardly can play today. Increased shiny rates again to flog storage, you'll get em.

king_tubby

Have they upped storage?

Still no shiny for me.

Cloud

I finally got a ponyta!  Still no cubone and still wouldn't mind a second one so I can have a shiny Rapidash as well...

Hobo

Caught 150 ponies, no shiny yet.

king_tubby

One shiny and nowt worth keeping apart from that.

Bag o' shite.

king_tubby

My Blisseys! My beautiful Blisseys!

king_tubby

Meltan quest, everybody.

Hallo? Hallo? Is this thing on??

king_tubby

Fuck off Niantic with your fucking catch another Ditto quest.

Just hatched a 96% Mukrow though, which has cheered me up.

Hobo

Cannot find the ditto reward task anywhere. Been spinning everything to find it.

king_tubby

Just checked and it's Excellent Throw, which I have in research tasks.

Now all I need to do is make an excellent throw...

Cloud

Reminds me I want to look up what the professor said, as when I accepted the quest he said a helpful "meltan_quest_dialog_00".  Fuck sake Niantic!

Pokeball Plus proving very useful, makes me wish I'd got one of the wrist ones ages ago as I'd be level 40 by now for sure.  Being able to just click the ball for an instant catch/fail is a game changer.

Quite enjoying Let's Go, it's laughably easy  though  compared to the original game it's based on.  Especially  when you take a pokemon for "a stroll" for a couple of hours and it returns with about 10 more levels!

king_tubby

90k XP off of 40, people! The XP for Best Friends plus Lucky Egg is kind of souring the achievement somewhat. Rinsed 450k just from two of those and a mass evolve today.

king_tubby

Player vs Player announced...

king_tubby

Hit level 40, shiny Beldum, 93% weather boosted Machamp, 93% Larvitar - today's been decent considering I missed all of the Community Day.

king_tubby

So best and ultras can PvsP remotely.

Also someone please send me a Meltan box, thank you.

king_tubby

PvP loading screen this morning. NOT THAT ANYONE CARES. FICKLE BASTARDS.

Noonling

I care!

I finally got to level 30 the other day. Just not as obsessed as I was with it before, soz mate.

Cloud

Grats on 40!

Just got 38.  Pokeball Plus is a game changer as I'm getting catch xp when normally I can't be arsed to catch random stuff.

No one around here seems to raid any more though, at least not at times when I'm around.  When they do it's in the dark at stupid o'clock. Try to organise one on a Saturday afternoon and just get silence

king_tubby

Dog Botherer

Just started playing this, must be the first new player in about a year. Seem to be doing alright, my workplace is on top of two pokestops so I can just sit there hitting them all day, getting loads of nice XP and items. Haven't got anything nice yet except an Articuno from research and a Mawile off a sneaky raid. Any tips for beginners so I can be less shit?

Hobo

If your after XP friendships are your best source. Put your friend code on here, and then on facebook - look for PoGo city groups, Cape Town, Perth, PoGo Kremlin that sort of thing. That way you'll get eggs from long distances, which will help towards that particular badge.

If you play on Android something like calcyIV is a useful tool for checking for good examples of the species, though this is now complicated by the PvP leagues where low IVs can be good on some of the better Poke to battle in lower leagues.

If you haven't already, try and see how the local players organise raids and which trigger EX-raids (personally not been to one since Mewtwo). Discord? Facebook messenger? whatsapp? That way you can joing bigger groups for the higher raids, and make (In game and real life) friendships - and the resultant boosts that come with that.

Twed

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 09, 2019, 02:58:47 PM
Just started playing this, must be the first new player in about a year. Seem to be doing alright, my workplace is on top of two pokestops so I can just sit there hitting them all day, getting loads of nice XP and items.
Top tip: a Pokeball Plus connected to the game will auto-spin every gym and Pokestop. I live at a gym, so it's basically infinite minor items (Pokeballs, potions, revives, eggs, gifts).

Hobo

Quote from: Hobo on January 10, 2019, 08:07:20 AM
If your after XP friendships are your best source.

I feel dirty. Point and laugh.