Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pokémon Go

Started by Barry Admin, March 31, 2017, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

HorseFat knows how to push my gift buttons

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Hobo on January 18, 2019, 12:46:40 PM
Evansville, Indiana?

And 'Noknowncure' We are about to go Bestest buddies, so do you have preferred time you'd like to put an egg on?

Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner - 3pm onwards is good for me, so if you wanted to say a time that works for yourself too.

Hobo

No problem, such a waste of 100k to not sort something.

3pm works for me I'll egg and open just after 3. 

Dog Botherer

Just realized my Arcanine and Victreebell earned me some dosh. Should I be spending it on extra incubators or storage?

Barry Admin

Don't buy individual incubators or raid passes etc, save for the boxes, they're much better value.

Extra storage and bag space are HUGE QOL upgrades, especially early on. I was forced running out of pokeballs, and having to spend coins on them (ripoff), or go to town just to restock. The more items you can store the better.

Great work on the gym smashing, keep it up! As you level up gym badges, you will get a lot more items from spinning those gyms. Placing a Pokémon in a gym gives you 100 points toward the badge level, and doing a raid gives you a 1000. Feed nanabs and razz berries in as well, just dump them all in gyms for 10 points a time, and a chance at a candy. Place Pokémon you want/need candy for, then spam them with berries, 10 very half hour. Or feed other people's pokeys as well. Before long you'll have your first gold gym badge.

king_tubby

Yeah, since the gifts came out I've been nowhere near running out of anything important and am pretty much at the 2000 items limit and having to delete stuff to spin more stops.

king_tubby

Though I have been playing a lot less due to the weather.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Hobo on January 24, 2019, 02:03:21 PM
No problem, such a waste of 100k to not sort something.

3pm works for me I'll egg and open just after 3.

Great stuff; appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 24, 2019, 02:19:42 PM
Don't buy individual incubators or raid passes etc, save for the boxes, they're much better value.

Extra storage and bag space are HUGE QOL upgrades, especially early on. I was forced running out of pokeballs, and having to spend coins on them (ripoff), or go to town just to restock. The more items you can store the better.

Great work on the gym smashing, keep it up! As you level up gym badges, you will get a lot more items from spinning those gyms. Placing a Pokémon in a gym gives you 100 points toward the badge level, and doing a raid gives you a 1000. Feed nanabs and razz berries in as well, just dump them all in gyms for 10 points a time, and a chance at a candy. Place Pokémon you want/need candy for, then spam them with berries, 10 very half hour. Or feed other people's pokeys as well. Before long you'll have your first gold gym badge.

So grab some storage space then save for boxes? What's in the boxes? Should I stick it out for the bigger ones or should i just get the first one I can afford?

Ran out of gifts as I haven't been able to play much the last couple of days. Will reply to all yous over the weekend.

king_tubby

They release special boxes for events which will contain a mix of incubators, ultraballs, incense, lures and raid passes, generally these are a really good deal, I usually pick them up for the incubators.

Be warned though, you can't delete raid passes, so if you don't raid much (like me) you'll end up with these taking valuable bag space. I've got 70 plus, which doesn't seem much when I'm maxed out at 2000 items, but it pisses me off!

Dog Botherer

Quote from: king_tubby on January 25, 2019, 03:36:54 PM
They release special boxes for events which will contain a mix of incubators, ultraballs, incense, lures and raid passes, generally these are a really good deal, I usually pick them up for the incubators.

Be warned though, you can't delete raid passes, so if you don't raid much (like me) you'll end up with these taking valuable bag space. I've got 70 plus, which doesn't seem much when I'm maxed out at 2000 items, but it pisses me off!

Ah okay cool. I barely raid at all but I only have 1 free and 1 premium sitting in my inventory right now.

Pissed me right off the first time I tried to do 2 raids in one day though and found out you could only get one pass a day. Shenanigans.

Twed

Hah fuck, I only just realised you can't delete the fucking raid passes.

Dog Botherer

What are some good early game walls? My Victreebell seems to be going okay so far, has decent HP and an unusual typing to find in gyms, but really my options are quite limited.

Barry Admin

Psychics are good general defenders, because a lot of people lazily or cluelessly just try to batter through with their machamps, and psychics will fuck them up. Find a weather boosted Mr Mime ok a windy day, and it's not that bad, plus you can just bin it instead of healing it. Wobbuffet always surprise me with how bulky they are, they're just behind Chansey and Blissey in terms of HP.

Eevieloutions can really help until you get a better collection too, fire in a Vape or Espeon for instance.

Mostly, just try to use single type Pokemon's, dual typing means double weakness, but it sounds like you know your typings anyway.

Dog Botherer

Well I went out to do some errands this morning and accidentally ended up clearing every gym on this side of town by myself, and picking up a raid Marshtomp. Oops.

king_tubby

Palkia the next raid boss. Annoyingly I've not been able to make any Kyogre or Groudon raids.

Dog Botherer

Went through my Pokemon yesterday and found a Machop and a Makuhita with perfect IVs. Nice little surprise.

Should I be saving up for the bigger special boxes or just grab the cheapest as soon as I have the cash?

Hobo

the first one is usually trash, it really depends on which items you want, discount pokeballs from any value as they're so easy to come by.

king_tubby

Coming up for Best Friends with some of you lot (I'm ErcolTable). Not bothered about the XP now I've hit 40 so feel free to open gifts with a lucky egg at your leisure.

Cloud

You've done mine already but that's absolutely fine as I'm level 38 and it makes very little of a dent (nothing does haha).  Plus hard to coordinate with forum peeps.

Next up is Horsefat in 26 days but I'm lazy with gift stuff so probably more like 26 weeks...
E: Or Noknowncure for ultra in 4 days theoretically.  Same story, especially as I tend to forget those on less than 3 hearts

Twed

You know, I just don't need a Chansey that badly.

Cloud

Caught a shiny Latios, yay :)

From tomorrow is the time for ultra friends for 'noknowncure', if bothered about coordinating.  TBH at level 38 it's slow enough for me that I'm not too bothered if you want to just open up whenever

Twed

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-arrested-for-allegedly-hitting-a-police-offi-1832862491

QuoteThe suspect was questioned by the police and reportedly said, "Because of you, I didn't catch [Pokémon]. I'll kill you."

Shiny Palkia?

king_tubby

Took about 400 pics to get a Smeargle.

Dog Botherer

just impulse bought a PG+. rip me.

king_tubby

BratSampson! Lugiagll! We go Best on next gifts - let me know if you want to do Eggs.

I mean, that sounds disgusting, but you know.

king_tubby

I WILL OPEN YOUR GIFTS AS I NEED 7KM EGGS

Do you need the XP?

brat-sampson

Just go for it. I'm just too lazy to synch it :p

king_tubby

Anyone done the team change?

Dog Botherer

Quote from: king_tubby on March 21, 2019, 01:06:49 PM
Anyone done the team change?

1000 beans is a bit rich for my blood.

Stardust has been off the charts since I got the plus. Maxed out my perfect Machamp and Hariyama, just trying to use TMs to get decent movesets on em. Keep getting maxed CP Growlithes with the plus too so now I have a gang of mid 2000CP Arcanines with varied movesets fucking shit up.